(Pics)Phew! My Cyst...

Notifications
Clear all

(Pics)Phew! My Cystic Spot Is Dissappearing Fast For Christmas Day

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 12/24/2012 10:58 am

looks like I won't have to hide away after all over xmas,the spot on my nose is diminishing rapidly after many days of squeezing it,

the bottom photo is an example of how I usually suffer,I insert a pin deep inside(finding the right pore opening is the tricky bit) when it's ripe enough and squeeze every 4 hours for a few days until it's completely drained,the final drop usually squirts out.

BUT I KNOW WHAT IS THE CAUSE!!! of my cystic spot and have done since the age of 25(now 54) after suffering from the age of 14/15,so since the age of 25. maybe once a year or as the years have passed,every 2 or 3 years I get caught out,like I did a couple of weeks ago.

I ate out at a restaurant,which I usually avoid like the plague and once again I ate something that causes me to grow a huge spot,

I suspect the gravy,instead of making the gravy naturally,they probably used one of those chemical ones to which I am allergic/intolerant too.

So I hope that this xmas,you to are not suffering and can enjoy yourself over the festive period.

post-191043-0-40813700-1356363426_thumb.

post-191043-0-41902600-1356363478.jpg

post-191043-0-40813700-1356363426_thumb.

post-191043-0-41902600-1356363478.jpg

MemberMember
(@doodleme123)

Posted : 12/26/2012 5:11 am

I seem to breakout whenever I eat at a restaurant, too. Although I really enjoy the food & a good feed-up. Hmmm, can you trace the ingredient down that you're intorlerant/allergic to?

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 12/27/2012 4:44 am

I seem to breakout whenever I eat at a restaurant, too. Although I really enjoy the food & a good feed-up. Hmmm, can you trace the ingredient down that you're intorlerant/allergic to?

I can't give you a name which may seem strange after suffering for 40 years,it's moe likely to be a chemical number as I have had a breakout when taking prescribed medicines as well,only one doctor/consultant has agreed with that,saying that it's probably a thickner to bind the tablet together and give a long shelf life that makes me breakout,she recommended that my GP prescribe liquid medicines,but if you live in the UK,you probably know how doctors show no interest in "spot problems".

But my biggest enemy food wise and which I can personally testify solely cause my outbreaks are granular,add boiling water to activate,

If I ate a pot noodle(presuming you live in the UK,otherwise I would say ramen)I can GUARANTEE a cystic spot as in my photo,so I also avoid gravy granules,cup a soup,instant tea/noodles,store homebrand/schwartz/colemans mix in sauces and alot more foods/sauces/flavourers,too many to mention.

Going back to restaurants or take aways(great place to get a spot)I can't choose what they add to my meal,while at home I can,thats why I can go 2 or 3 years without a single spot(but like you I enjoy tasty food).

Now there's a simple way to see if you suffer from the same allergy/intolerance as me(my daughter also does,but my son does'nt),I don't claim to say that anyone who avoids these chemical additives will be spot free,I believe that "true acne" clusters of small red spots/blackheads/rash is totally different from what I suffer from,strangely it seems "true acne" usually disappears in peoples twenties leaving scars and a pitted face,whereas I have always squeezed my spots and even sliced them with a razor blade and still have quite good skin,apart from advancing age.

In general people don't believe me when I write about my prevention,especially the youngsters,so if you suffer like I do,it would be great to have feedback and I am here if you have any queries about my experiences.

MemberMember
(@doodleme123)

Posted : 12/27/2012 8:26 am

I ate and still am eating whatever the hell I want over the christmas period. I try hard and still get spots, so what's the difference. Obviously there's a problem for me, but I don't want to ruin christmas because of it. I'll save that for the new year. Wow, can't wait (sarcasm intended). But, it's still on my mind, otherwise I wouldn't be writing this right now. Emotional stuff aside; I do live in the UK and I also break out from eating pot noodles, like yourself. But I seem to break out from a lot of different foods. Nuts do not cause acne, for example, yet they do exacerbate acne. Along with so many other foods. THAT'S why it's so hard to determine what causes acne, as far as food is concerned (or consumed). A vicious cycle entails.

I ate a lot of sweets over christmas day and the next day my skin was surprisingly good. However, when I ate chocolate the next day, and my skin is a little messed up. Interesting, or perhaps not. The sweets weren't covered in sugar, but are obviously made of it, yet sugar still seems to break me out with acne.

I'll buy pot-noodles and check the ingredients and try and trace it down, but it's going to be futile, with so many different ingredients in them. All I know is, they are dirt cheap to buy, and so probably very cheap nasty ingredients contained within them. I have heard from my mother, that cheap wine sometimes breaks people out, and who are not prone to acne, due to the wines containing cheap ingredients.

On another note, I have noticed that the ingredient ''Paprika'' is a key ingredient in a lot of things. I believe people can be allergic to this substance. It's in most tinned/canned soups etc.

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 12/27/2012 12:35 pm

I ate and still am eating whatever the hell I want over the christmas period. I try hard and still get spots, so what's the difference. Obviously there's a problem for me, but I don't want to ruin christmas because of it. I'll save that for the new year. Wow, can't wait (sarcasm intended). But, it's still on my mind, otherwise I wouldn't be writing this right now. Emotional stuff aside; I do live in the UK and I also break out from eating pot noodles, like yourself. But I seem to break out from a lot of different foods. Nuts do not cause acne, for example, yet they do exacerbate acne. Along with so many other foods. THAT'S why it's so hard to determine what causes acne, as far as food is concerned (or consumed). A vicious cycle entails.

I ate a lot of sweets over christmas day and the next day my skin was surprisingly good. However, when I ate chocolate the next day, and my skin is a little messed up. Interesting, or perhaps not. The sweets weren't covered in sugar, but are obviously made of it, yet sugar still seems to break me out with acne.

I'll buy pot-noodles and check the ingredients and try and trace it down, but it's going to be futile, with so many different ingredients in them. All I know is, they are dirt cheap to buy, and so probably very cheap nasty ingredients contained within them. I have heard from my mother, that cheap wine sometimes breaks people out, and who are not prone to acne, due to the wines containing cheap ingredients.

On another note, I have noticed that the ingredient ''Paprika'' is a key ingredient in a lot of things. I believe people can be allergic to this substance. It's in most tinned/canned soups etc.

just wondering if you get the one big spot like meor if you get several.

Diet,when I lived at home until I was 25,I had a huge spot which grew the first week and then a week of squeezing,clear face for a day,then the next day I could feel the next one forming,I had this for 10 years as my mum,every other week used a colemans mix in sauce,

then I moved to S.Wales,every single day for 3 months I ate chips,butter and toast,a snickers and drank tea and lager,I developed a healthy complexion,not one single spot or pimple,amazed I thought that I would have to eat 10 cabbages a day to achieve that,one day I went in a cafe and had a roast dinner,the gravy was delicious,I asked how they made it and they said gravy granules,a few days later I had a cystic spot,

another couple of months passed,spot free again,eating chips and snickers(not together) and went in this cafe and had a roast dinner with gravy again,result, another cystic spot,the penny had dropped,over the next 30 years I got caught out lots of times and still do(as in the photo's) but if wasn't for that cafe I would have spent 30 years,the same as my first 10 years with mum,

so as for diet,eating only 10 cabbages a day and drinking only cabbage water does'nt guarantee you a spot free face if you lick one tiny drop of sauce off a chip and that sauce contains a chemical you are alergic/intolerant too.

MemberMember
(@doodleme123)

Posted : 12/27/2012 1:51 pm

Diet,when I lived at home until I was 25,I had a huge spot which grew the first week and then a week of squeezing,clear face for a day,then the next day I could feel the next one forming,I had this for 10 years as my mum,every other week used a colemans mix in sauce,

then I moved to S.Wales,every single day for 3 months I ate chips,butter and toast,a snickers and drank tea and lager,I developed a healthy complexion,not one single spot or pimple,amazed I thought that I would have to eat 10 cabbages a day to achieve that,one day I went in a cafe and had a roast dinner,the gravy was delicious,I asked how they made it and they said gravy granules,a few days later I had a cystic spot,

another couple of months passed,spot free again,eating chips and snickers(not together) and went in this cafe and had a roast dinner with gravy again,result, another cystic spot,the penny had dropped,over the next 30 years I got caught out lots of times and still do(as in the photo's) but if wasn't for that cafe I would have spent 30 years,the same as my first 10 years with mum,

so as for diet,eating only 10 cabbages a day and drinking only cabbage water does'nt guarantee you a spot free face if you lick one tiny drop of sauce off a chip and that sauce contains a chemical you are alergic/intolerant too.

Yes, I was ment to ask you to elaborate but my internet had a problem loading this page. Thank you for sharing your story; it's rather astonishing. I'm very glad for you that you finally worked it out by chance.

As for me, to be honest, I've hardly eaten cabbage in my life, but from the little time that I did, I had good skin around that time,but I was doing a lot of things at once. Way too hard on myself and most inconvenient to continue what I was doing, and for the rest of my life. It was basically a Paleo diet that I wasn't too amused about. I first had acne in the form of blackheads when I was a teenager, round about the age of 13. I just turned 29 this year. I would squeeze them, not knowing at that age of the damage I was doing. I had them on my nose and then my cheeks (my scars are clearly visible on my cheeks to this day). I have scarred quite nicely, if that makes any sense, as in, quite smoothly and evenly scarred. I suppose I have enlarged pores.

To answer your question, yes, I have a few pimples at any time, always seems to be a cycle of no more than 3~5 spots a day. My acne has changed somewhat over the years. After the small blackheads when I was at school, I had small yellowheads, and my skin was very blotchy/patchy and red, oily but not dry. Now to this day and has been for as long as I can remember, the yellowheads are larger in size, but not cysts. Although sometimes I will get those really annoying spots under the skin that don't come to a head, and used to be quite painful, or felt like bruising to the skin. I had some lazer treatment done in Harley street in london a few years ago, after seeing a young girl on ''This Morning'' on TV, recommending this new lazer treatment for acne; it worked for her. It cost a small fortune and did nothing to my skin. I also had a chemical peel after the lazer treatment; it worked in that it shed my skin, and the practitioner would say to me that my skin is looking more fresh after each visit. Little did she know, I was actually drinking lots of water. It was the water giving me a fresher appearance, without a doubt (does so every time). Other than that, the chemical peels did nothing.

My worst offending suspects that I have figured out myself over the years, are 1. Eggs (haven;t eaten them in years... And 2. Nuts (But only really know that the ones containing MSG - Mono Sodium Glutamate), or possibly the salt on them. Both eggs and nuts make my skin go extremely oily. My skin now is actually very dry combination with oily skin, the 3~5 yellowheads every single day, and the redness remains. Sometimes, and most of the times, my skin's appearance looks awful, even without the acne. It could also be rosacea (that's what the doctors said I have). As for the dry skin, I also have dandruff on my scalp (which I never had when I was in school). I'm not 100% certain about cheese, but it seems to make my skin's appearance worse. I have tried 1 month trials of eliminating dairy, with no luck. So it's hard to say for sure. Yogurt on the other hand (store-bought natural yogurt) seems to break me out, as does sugar, as I've already mentioned. So, my big 3 are:

1. Eggs

2. Nuts

3. Sugar

Also, as a fourth massive culprit is a little shady; whenever I eat chips from the chipshop, I have a nasty complexion complete with nasty spots that last a while. Now this could be the oil they are cooked in (which I suspect it is), most chipshops/restaurants use sunflower oil, or the actual potatoes (could be their high starch content) or the salt and/or vinegar I put on them. So 4. remains a bit of a mystery at the moment, but it's either one or more of those components contained in/with them.

After many years of self-discipline and training my mind, I no longer eat and drink sweets, chocolate, cakes, crisps, fizzy drinks of all kinds, coke, tango, 7-up etc. Am I healthy? No I'm not, far from it, but you could say I'm a lot healthier than I used to be. So you can see just how bad my diet was, from all the crap I've cut out. My current diet is limited, lacking, lazy and not very nutritional to say the least. But that's me. It's very difficult. I don't like vegetables, but do try to force myself to eat them. I like fruit though. I'm not wealthy, so a lot of my food and dinners are ready-made meals and meals prepared on the go. Yes, I do still eat cheese, lots of bread. One thing I did eliminate from my diet and for quite a while now, is milk. Cheese is supposed to be more complex for the body than say drinking milk. I think I have marginal success from having eliminated milk, but it's hard to say. I substitute it with rice milk, which could also be no good for me, but I wouldn't know any better. Doctors are completely useless; I have basically had to lie about certain things in order to have tests and stuff done, but even then, I didn't get very far because I constantly get knocked back by them. One doctor actually said to me once ''just eat healthy''. It was the first and only time I ever heard my doctor say that to me. Eat healthy? Not quite, it doesn't work like that, I've tried. Like you said, one small drop of something you're allergic/intolerant to, and then it's no good.

You're right, your skin does look good and for your age, considering you are somewhat of an acne sufferer. If you had consistant acne over the years, like I have, then of course, your skin would look a lot worse by now. You are very lucky.

I've never gone in to so much detail on this forum before, but it's nice to meet someone older than myself who suffers from acne and with your own personal experience.

Please do stick around.

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 12/28/2012 1:44 pm

Yes, I was ment to ask you to elaborate but my internet had a problem loading this page. Thank you for sharing your story; it's rather astonishing. I'm very glad for you that you finally worked it out by chance.

As for me, to be honest, I've hardly eaten cabbage in my life, but from the little time that I did, I had good skin around that time,but I was doing a lot of things at once. Way too hard on myself and most inconvenient to continue what I was doing, and for the rest of my life. It was basically a Paleo diet that I wasn't too amused about. I first had acne in the form of blackheads when I was a teenager, round about the age of 13. I just turned 29 this year. I would squeeze them, not knowing at that age of the damage I was doing. I had them on my nose and then my cheeks (my scars are clearly visible on my cheeks to this day). I have scarred quite nicely, if that makes any sense, as in, quite smoothly and evenly scarred. I suppose I have enlarged pores.

To answer your question, yes, I have a few pimples at any time, always seems to be a cycle of no more than 3~5 spots a day. My acne has changed somewhat over the years. After the small blackheads when I was at school, I had small yellowheads, and my skin was very blotchy/patchy and red, oily but not dry. Now to this day and has been for as long as I can remember, the yellowheads are larger in size, but not cysts. Although sometimes I will get those really annoying spots under the skin that don't come to a head, and used to be quite painful, or felt like bruising to the skin. I had some lazer treatment done in Harley street in london a few years ago, after seeing a young girl on ''This Morning'' on TV, recommending this new lazer treatment for acne; it worked for her. It cost a small fortune and did nothing to my skin. I also had a chemical peel after the lazer treatment; it worked in that it shed my skin, and the practitioner would say to me that my skin is looking more fresh after each visit. Little did she know, I was actually drinking lots of water. It was the water giving me a fresher appearance, without a doubt (does so every time). Other than that, the chemical peels did nothing.

My worst offending suspects that I have figured out myself over the years, are 1. Eggs (haven;t eaten them in years... And 2. Nuts (But only really know that the ones containing MSG - Mono Sodium Glutamate), or possibly the salt on them. Both eggs and nuts make my skin go extremely oily. My skin now is actually very dry combination with oily skin, the 3~5 yellowheads every single day, and the redness remains. Sometimes, and most of the times, my skin's appearance looks awful, even without the acne. It could also be rosacea (that's what the doctors said I have). As for the dry skin, I also have dandruff on my scalp (which I never had when I was in school). I'm not 100% certain about cheese, but it seems to make my skin's appearance worse. I have tried 1 month trials of eliminating dairy, with no luck. So it's hard to say for sure. Yogurt on the other hand (store-bought natural yogurt) seems to break me out, as does sugar, as I've already mentioned. So, my big 3 are:

1. Eggs

2. Nuts

3. Sugar

Also, as a fourth massive culprit is a little shady; whenever I eat chips from the chipshop, I have a nasty complexion complete with nasty spots that last a while. Now this could be the oil they are cooked in (which I suspect it is), most chipshops/restaurants use sunflower oil, or the actual potatoes (could be their high starch content) or the salt and/or vinegar I put on them. So 4. remains a bit of a mystery at the moment, but it's either one or more of those components contained in/with them.

After many years of self-discipline and training my mind, I no longer eat and drink sweets, chocolate, cakes, crisps, fizzy drinks of all kinds, coke, tango, 7-up etc. Am I healthy? No I'm not, far from it, but you could say I'm a lot healthier than I used to be. So you can see just how bad my diet was, from all the crap I've cut out. My current diet is limited, lacking, lazy and not very nutritional to say the least. But that's me. It's very difficult. I don't like vegetables, but do try to force myself to eat them. I like fruit though. I'm not wealthy, so a lot of my food and dinners are ready-made meals and meals prepared on the go. Yes, I do still eat cheese, lots of bread. One thing I did eliminate from my diet and for quite a while now, is milk. Cheese is supposed to be more complex for the body than say drinking milk. I think I have marginal success from having eliminated milk, but it's hard to say. I substitute it with rice milk, which could also be no good for me, but I wouldn't know any better. Doctors are completely useless; I have basically had to lie about certain things in order to have tests and stuff done, but even then, I didn't get very far because I constantly get knocked back by them. One doctor actually said to me once ''just eat healthy''. It was the first and only time I ever heard my doctor say that to me. Eat healthy? Not quite, it doesn't work like that, I've tried. Like you said, one small drop of something you're allergic/intolerant to, and then it's no good.

You're right, your skin does look good and for your age, considering you are somewhat of an acne sufferer. If you had consistant acne over the years, like I have, then of course, your skin would look a lot worse by now. You are very lucky.

I've never gone in to so much detail on this forum before, but it's nice to meet someone older than myself who suffers from acne and with your own personal experience.

Please do stick around.

maybe you are right about MSG,your condition is different to mine,but you are right to suspect anything you consume,hope you find your poison soon.

MemberMember
(@doodleme123)

Posted : 12/28/2012 6:47 pm

If it's offending foods, and to a lesser degree for you, then it still may well be similar for me. Only, our triggers are different. And thanks: it won't be an easy task, it hasn't been, but I don't have much of a choice.

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 01/01/2013 3:34 pm

If it's offending foods, and to a lesser degree for you, then it still may well be similar for me. Only, our triggers are different. And thanks: it won't be an easy task, it hasn't been, but I don't have much of a choice.

I have to say; instead of over complicating it ( I used to do this; making an endless list of things I couldn't eat) just eat whole natural foods without added ingredients and you'll be fine.

This is for overall health not just for acne.

Just don't eat anything in a box, package, etc.

See the whole 30 website for a good idea of what I mean; it's not that hard.

http://whole9life.com/2012/08/the-whole30-program/

MemberMember
(@doodleme123)

Posted : 01/01/2013 5:29 pm

I have to say; instead of over complicating it ( I used to do this; making an endless list of things I couldn't eat) just eat whole natural foods without added ingredients and you'll be fine.

http://whole9life.co...hole30-program/

Thanks for the link; I checked it out. Although, eggs do bother me with my acne.

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 01/01/2013 5:31 pm

Thanks for the link; I checked it out. Although, eggs do bother me with my acne.

Have you tried organic local eggs? No hormones, antibiotics or added omega 3's??

They should not say vegetarian on them; chickens are not vegetarians by nature

MemberMember
(@doodleme123)

Posted : 01/01/2013 5:49 pm

Have you tried organic local eggs? No hormones, antibiotics or added omega 3's??

They should not say vegetarian on them; chickens are not vegetarians by nature

No, I don't think I have; I was ment to try that some time but totally forgot. I also assumed that I'd be sensitive or allergic to eggs in general.