Notifications
Clear all

Why Isn't This Working For Me?

MemberMember
(@kruiser)

Posted : 12/24/2012 4:33 pm

I've been on the generic brand of Diane 35 (cyestra) for about 7 months now. I'm starting my 8th pack next week. My acne is severe, so my doctor recommended this until my cystic acne went away. I've been VERY patient just like a lot of people on here have told me to be, but I am still stuck with acne all on my cheeks, chin, and jawline. My forehead is clear, except for the occasional spot. My acne is for sure hormonal, because of the location of the pimples. I'm wondering why this isn't working for me, am I doing something wrong? I barely eat greasy foods, I'm on my feet all day so i get exercise and I'm not overweight. Did anyone else have a problem with this? Should I wait 2 more months? I'm so sad I just want clear skin already I've been waiting!! :(

MemberMember
(@jwaltersrn)

Posted : 12/28/2012 4:40 pm

Hmmm. Maybe the Diane 35 doesn;t have enough androgen blocker? Will your doc let you try Spironolactone?? It will take another 3-4 months to take effect but if your acne is hormonal, this may be the answer for you. Just like with Yaz, there may be enough Spiro to work for some women, but others will need more than what is available in the pill. Maybe the Cyproterone is too low for you.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 01/04/2013 7:58 pm

The generic versions are not EXACTLY the same and some people do worse on them. One of my OBGYNS was firmly convinced that generic birth controls were generally inferior to the name brand just based on her experience in medicine. You might want to try name brand Diane-35 if you can afford it.