Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
carpz

Am I Applying Enough? (Epiduo)

Okay, I just got prescribed epiduo on the 21st. I used it last night, and tonight. I'm just worried that I might not be applying enough...

I took a pea sized amount and managed to cover my whole face with it. Where I rub the gel on my face the skin flushes red for about 5 or 10 seconds before becoming normal again. The 'layer' of gel is so thin that I don't need to wait for it to dry (it's dry as soon as I rub it in) Also, I've used other topical gels before (duac) When I did, my face feel kind of stiff and like a mask when it dried (I was applying much more back then). I don't feel the gel at all with epiduo, there's only a very, very slight burning sensation for a couple of minutes.

Am I not applying enough? Thanks!

Okay, I just got prescribed epiduo on the 21st. I used it last night, and tonight. I'm just worried that I might not be applying enough...

I took a pea sized amount and managed to cover my whole face with it. Where I rub the gel on my face the skin flushes red for about 5 or 10 seconds before becoming normal again. The 'layer' of gel is so thin that I don't need to wait for it to dry (it's dry as soon as I rub it in) Also, I've used other topical gels before (duac) When I did, my face feel kind of stiff and like a mask when it dried (I was applying much more back then). I don't feel the gel at all with epiduo, there's only a very, very slight burning sensation for a couple of minutes.

Am I not applying enough? Thanks!

Pea-sized is fine. Sometimes the recommended amount is a little more because of larger faces, but if that was the case most derms would tell you to apply more.