Notifications
Clear all

Only My Chin Break Outs - Help Me Figure Out Why

MemberMember
(@mikex10a)

Posted : 12/22/2012 10:34 am

So, I would like to request the help from the kind members of this board.

For some reason, only my chin breaks out and only when I am clean shaven. The rest of my face is fine, whether it's an area I shave or an area I don't. I would like to figure out why and prevent it so I can shave.

The causes I am thinking of are something like a napkin with food grease touching my chin.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

MemberMember
(@freddyharte)

Posted : 12/22/2012 11:30 am

if u post a pic of the type of acne you get people may be able to give better advice.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 12/22/2012 8:55 pm

So, I would like to request the help from the kind members of this board.

For some reason, only my chin breaks out and only when I am clean shaven. The rest of my face is fine, whether it's an area I shave or an area I don't. I would like to figure out why and prevent it so I can shave.

The causes I am thinking of are something like a napkin with food grease touching my chin.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Are you disinfecting your razors thoroughly before and after each shave? Are you using any shave products (pre or post) that has an ingredient you might be allergic to? Don't underestimate the ability of either allergens or bacteria to travel to an area you don't shave.

MemberMember
(@mikex10a)

Posted : 12/23/2012 8:37 am

if u post a pic of the type of acne you get people may be able to give better advice.

Whiteheads of multiple size.

Are you disinfecting your razors thoroughly before and after each shave? Are you using any shave products (pre or post) that has an ingredient you might be allergic to? Don't underestimate the ability of either allergens or bacteria to travel to an area you don't shave.

I rinse the razor with hot water and do not use comedogenic products or anything that I am allergic to.

MemberMember
(@cartita)

Posted : 12/23/2012 10:30 am

What is your age ? I'm a teenager so I have some problems with hormons. I have some red bumps there but 2,3 days and it calms down.

MemberMember
(@mikex10a)

Posted : 12/28/2012 8:24 am

I'm 26. Hormones are pretty steady now, lol.

MemberMember
(@naturald)

Posted : 12/28/2012 8:46 am

Shaving or do you consume a lot of dairy?

If I overdo the dairy this always causes a breakout around the chin.

MemberMember
(@mikex10a)

Posted : 12/28/2012 8:49 pm

I drink a lot of milk, but I've found that it has no relation to my break outs. After New Year's I am going to shave and try again. I don't want to risk a break out since I am going to a fancy party. I'll sport a short beard.. better than a bunch of acne, lol.

MemberMember
(@naturald)

Posted : 12/30/2012 7:18 am

I drink a lot of milk, but I've found that it has no relation to my break outs. After New Year's I am going to shave and try again. I don't want to risk a break out since I am going to a fancy party. I'll sport a short beard.. better than a bunch of acne, lol.

Are you sure it doesn't? Dairy products are full of hormones. How did you test it?

MemberMember
(@mikex10a)

Posted : 12/30/2012 9:12 am

I tested it but not drinking milk and seeing no change. I did that quite a couple of years ago. But for the past several months I've been drinking organic milk only. Tastes good. And I have organic brown eggs with my breakfast.

My chin has calmed down a lot, but I am going to look into SIBO. I have other symptoms on of it and I am willing to bet it's inside my body that's causing this, not my skin.

MemberMember
(@naturald)

Posted : 01/03/2013 4:03 pm

Fair enough. I wonder if Organic Milk is full of hormones. Must be a lot less if there is and it's way better then the normal stuff.