Notifications
Clear all

Saw Palmetto Question For The Girls

MemberMember
(@cutiebear)

Posted : 12/21/2012 5:49 pm

Hey! So, few months ago I got a blood test done and it turns out I have high androgens and I'm a female btw. Although I have been able to control most of my acne, I am noticing a lot more facial hair. I know genetically I am predisposed to having facial hair (middle eastern background) but its becoming unbearable! After doing tons of research I have decided on taking Saw palmetto to lower my excess androgens and possibly help with acne and facial hair. I bought the Now foods brand but I didn't know it had pumpkin seed oil in it. I'm afraid to take it because pumpkin seed oil raises testosterone and that's the last thing I want! If someone could help me with this I would be very grateful! Is it okay for me to take saw palmetto with PSO if I'm trying to lower my high androgens? Thank you!

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/21/2012 6:39 pm

It generally raises testosterone when you are deficient because its high in nutrients such as zinc that help your body regulate itself.

Green and mint tea are some other things to try.

It generally raises testosterone when you are deficient because its high in nutrients such as zinc that help your body regulate itself.

Green and mint tea are some other things to try. And topical linoleic acid.

MemberMember
(@cutiebear)

Posted : 12/21/2012 6:59 pm

Green and mint tea are some other things to try.

Green and mint tea are some other things to try. And topical linoleic acid.

Hi! So, if I take it and I already have higher testosterone and am not deficient in it, it won't have much of an impact? I take mint and green tea also 🙂

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 12/21/2012 7:35 pm

Everything I've read shows that pumpkin seed oil helps REDUCE androgens, not raise them. They commonly combine it with saw palmetto to help enlarged prostate...by reducing androgens.

MemberMember
(@cutiebear)

Posted : 12/21/2012 8:45 pm

Alright, thank you both for the help!! :)