Notifications
Clear all

Doryx, Differin, And Aczone

MemberMember
(@zenno)

Posted : 12/21/2012 5:01 pm

I have moderate (and worsening, it seems) cystic acne. My dermatologist put me on a regimen of 150mg of Doryx in the AM, wash my face, followed by an application of Aczone, and then moisturizer. In the evening, I'm supposed to wash, apply Aczone, then Apply Differin, then moisturize. However, wouldn't the layer of Aczone on my face interfere with the Differin application? I have been on this for just under a month now (6 days to be exact), and I've seen really no results at all, in fact, I started breaking out on my chin now, where it was only my cheeks before (I know though, initial breakout, takes longer than a month, etc.). I always let the Aczone completely dry before applying the Differin, but regardless, whenever I apply the Differin (small ammount, evenly spread), it always feels 'gunky,' and seems to increase irritation when combined.

So I guess my main question is; should I rinse off the Aczone before applying the Differin? Should I continue with what I'm doing? Any other suggestions? I'm unable to contact my dermatologist for the next few days, hence why I'm asking on here.

Thanks in advance!

MemberMember
(@leah19)

Posted : 12/24/2012 1:16 am

Maybe you should try doing the Aczone in the morning and the Differin at night. And make to use no more than a pea size on your face, more will make things worse

MemberMember
(@gettingolder)

Posted : 01/10/2013 11:21 pm

Hey! I too have moderate cystic acne. I also am on just about the same prescriptions as you. I put Aczone in the morning. Differin at night. I have been on this for a little over 4 months. I must say, be patient. I am just starting to feel and notice some benefit to the differin. For some people, it can take a long time for differin to work. I guess, I am one of those people. What seemed to help me recently, is avoid touching my face after I put the aczone or differin on. OH MY! It can be challenging, but since I have stopped this habit, I have notice my skin heal from break outs quicker.