Notifications
Clear all

Restore Skin Acid Mantle?

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 12/16/2012 5:00 am

Hey i am clear. No acne at all!!! I stopped washing my face 5 days ago and i have no new breakouts! My skin seems to heal alot faster when i dont wash it. My question is, how long time will it take for my skin to find its natural balance acid mantle? Its 10 mounths ago i used bad over the counter products which fucked my skin up but i only used that for 1 mounth i think. Since that i have only been using stuff like lemons, acv, icecubes, aztec healing clay which has cleared me up. The last 1 mounth i only have been using water and olive oil. And 5 days ago i started the caveman regimen as i noticed my skin heals faster and i don't break out if i dont wash my face!

Remember the question. How long time do you think it takes for skin to repair on its own and find its natural balance? The so called "acid mantle"

MemberMember
(@asburypark101)

Posted : 12/16/2012 7:30 am

Depending on the type of medications you have used in the past, it usually takes anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months to fully restore the acid mantle. Congrats on having no breakouts, but 5 days is too soon to claim success and you may get breakouts just from your skin trying to adjust to the new routine. Give it a good two months to see if this routine is the best for you, good luck and I am wishing you the best :)

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 12/16/2012 12:31 pm

I have never been on meds, the last couple of mounths i have only been using water and olive oil which has cleared my acne 99% but when i stopped washing my face it cleared 100% and most pigmentation is gone just in 5 days. I have a FUUUUUUCKING clean diet, you wouldn't believe it if you saw it. I don't think i will break out at all i am just wondering how to know when the acid mantle works natural again and how i am supposed to know it?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/16/2012 5:47 pm

It does it every day.

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 12/17/2012 2:01 am

It does it every day.

But if i wash my face now its going to feel so dry? I have not washed my face for 6 days now, i have never had better skin since i stopped washing!

MemberMember
(@asburypark101)

Posted : 12/17/2012 7:28 am

I have never been on meds, the last couple of mounths i have only been using water and olive oil which has cleared my acne 99% but when i stopped washing my face it cleared 100% and most pigmentation is gone just in 5 days. I have a FUUUUUUCKING clean diet, you wouldn't believe it if you saw it. I don't think i will break out at all i am just wondering how to know when the acid mantle works natural again and how i am supposed to know it?

That is awesome that you are so clear and that the hyperpigmentation has faded! Usually hyperpigmentation is prolonged with dry skin, so since your skin has been less dry it makes sense that you would see improvement. Since you have not been on meds for acne in a couple months, I would say 2-4 weeks to fully restore the acid mantle. Usually the skin rejuvenates every two weeks, but some people are different and it can take up to four weeks. You will usually know you restored the acid mantle as the skin becomes less and less dry until you dont notice any dryness anymore...it is very subjective and based on your familiarity with your skin.

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 12/17/2012 7:31 am

That is awesome that you are so clear and that the hyperpigmentation has faded! Usually hyperpigmentation is prolonged with dry skin, so since your skin has been less dry it makes sense that you would see improvement. Since you have not been on meds for acne in a couple months, I would say 2-4 weeks to fully restore the acid mantle. Usually the skin rejuvenates every two weeks, but some people are different and it can take up to four weeks. You will usually know you restored the acid mantle as the skin becomes less and less dry until you dont notice any dryness anymore...it is very subjective and based on your familiarity with your skin.

Alright that sounds great thanks so much for the info! So you think i should try and wash my face again when my skin doesn't feel dry at all anymore? My problem is that if i only wash my face with water my skin fail to find the natural moisture. So i was thinking that if i do the caveman regimen and let my skin heal natural and find its moisture i can start wash my face again with only water without drying it out. What you think?

MemberMember
(@asburypark101)

Posted : 12/17/2012 7:46 am

Alright that sounds great thanks so much for the info! So you think i should try and wash my face again when my skin doesn't feel dry at all anymore? My problem is that if i only wash my face with water my skin fail to find the natural moisture. So i was thinking that if i do the caveman regimen and let my skin heal natural and find its moisture i can start wash my face again with only water without drying it out. What you think?

Theoretically that should work, once your acid mantle is restored your skin should not be dry anymore even after you wash it with just water. Just remember our skin does not hydrate as well as it used to as we get older and use lukewarm water as warmer water can dry out the skin.

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 12/17/2012 8:21 am

Theoretically that should work, once your acid mantle is restored your skin should not be dry anymore even after you wash it with just water. Just remember our skin does not hydrate as well as it used to as we get older and use lukewarm water as warmer water can dry out the skin.

Yeah i think your right! THanks you give me GREAT info man, i really appriciate it. I will try to wash my face with cold water when i reach day 30!

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/17/2012 8:56 am

It does it every day.

But if i wash my face now its going to feel so dry? I have not washed my face for 6 days now, i have never had better skin since i stopped washing!

The acid mantle is a layer of sebum and sweat that is slightly acidic. If you wash your face with an alkaline cleanser you strip it away and it can take hours to restore during which time your skin can function normally. Unless you help it be applying an acidic toner like diluted acv.

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 12/17/2012 10:09 am

It does it every day.

The acid mantle is a layer of sebum and sweat that is slightly acidic. If you wash your face with an alkaline cleanser you strip it away and it can take hours to restore during which time your skin can function normally. Unless you help it be applying an acidic toner like diluted acv.

My face feels like it has found its balance now, its not dry or oily it feels as smooth as before i had acne. I have to wash my face some time. Do you think i should wash my face with cold or warm water or do the hot cold method? My problem is that everytime i wash my face it gets dehydrated and i find that it breaks out if i don't moisturize and if i moisturize with olive oil i still break out, but when i dont wash my face at all i don't break out. What should i do?? :D i have to wash my face to get rid of the dead skin cells right? :D

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/17/2012 10:39 am

Try just wiping it with a damp soft cloth. Or oil cleanse.

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 12/17/2012 11:03 am

How do you wash your face with only water? Just read your sig. Can you come with some details?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/17/2012 1:13 pm

How do you wash your face with only water? Just read your sig. Can you come with some details?

I wipe it with a damp cloth. Or in the shower I use my hands and the running water.

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 12/17/2012 1:30 pm

I wipe it with a damp cloth. Or in the shower I use my hands and the running water.

Hot or cold water in the shower? :)

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/17/2012 8:20 pm

Hot or cold water in the shower? :)

Depends on the ambient temperature. I take pretty hot showers when the bathroom and all those tiles are cold.