Notifications
Clear all

Going To Have To Go A Few Days Without Accutane...

MemberMember
(@user74659)

Posted : 12/13/2012 10:11 am

With the holidays coming up, my doc will be closed around the 1 month mark and I can't get in before because they are all booked up. My 1 month appointment is for the day I run out of meds and its on a Friday. I'm going to have to wait for the blood test results to come back before I can get my next Rx filled. How long does this take? Either way, I'll be without accutane for at least 3 days, more if the blood tests take longer to come back. Is this okay or not??

MemberMember
(@bmariewantsnoacne)

Posted : 12/13/2012 12:23 pm

As annoying as it is for you, I don't think it will make that much of a difference. I've read about people who took longer breaks and they were fine. If it makes you feel better, you could intentionally skip a few days but spread them out so you will have the same amount of pills but you won't miss 3-4 days in a row. :)

MemberMember
(@whatthekell)

Posted : 12/13/2012 1:21 pm

hi,

i actually called my derm last month when this happened because i thought missing 2-3 days was gonna give me a problem. but they said no worries, the accutane stays in your blood. which is why we still have to use 2 forms of birth control and get bloodwork done the month after we're finished our course. i also asked if i should take 2 pills a day instead of three so that i wouldn't go any days without and she said NO don't do that. so i would just take your dose like usual, then when you run out, you run out. bloodwork for me only takes a day to process and i have the most shitty insurance i know. so don't sweat it =)

MemberMember
(@freeas4bird)

Posted : 12/13/2012 7:21 pm

With what i have noticed arounnd UK it takes only 30 minutes to 1 hour to get the results back, i suppose depends on the doctor and hospital.

And yep dont worry not having them for 3 days just make sure as watthekell said to not mess with your dossage.

MemberMember
(@user74659)

Posted : 12/14/2012 1:01 am

Thanks guys!

I hope it doesn't take long. Glad to know that it won't start reversing or something if I don't have it for a few days and that it stays in the system! I hope it doesn't take more than until the Monday after my appt (or Tues. at latest) to get my refill! Going to ask my derm for sure! My derm said that next month I can come in a few days earlier so this doesn't happen again... They are so bad about getting my Rx's in though.. To pick up my first month's supply was a catastrophe! Massive confusion between my doc and pharmacy.. Grrr... Hope it goes smoother from here on out through the rest of my 5 month course!!!