Getting Skin Adjust...

Notifications
Clear all

Getting Skin Adjusted To Bp

MemberMember
(@magica)

Posted : 12/11/2012 2:17 am

I just recently purchases DK's Regimen and starting using it a couple days ago. Before I started this I was using a Clean & Clear cleanser with 10% BP in it, for about 2-3 weeks both day and night. It never really made my face burn, peel, itch etc, but would make my face a little dry but moisturizer usually solved that issue. it also, as far as I could tell in the short time, did nothing for my acne. My question is since I was using that for a few weeks before using Dan's BP, should I still expect the dryness/redness/peeling associated with getting the skin adjusted to this BP, or is it possible that it won't happen or maybe be less severe since I was using a different kind previously?

MemberMember
(@whatthekell)

Posted : 12/11/2012 9:03 am

Dan's BP is much stronger than any other BP I have ever tried. I probably sampled every over the counter BP there is. No matter how long you have been using BP, you will get dry. (I used BP for 15 years before trying Dan's)

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 12/11/2012 8:25 pm

Agree with whatthekell, you will definitely have to adjust to BP. Don't forget that you were using a wash with BP in it, but that was rinsed off. Dan's BP you are putting it on your skin and leaving it there for 12 hours (until the next application). Don't go too hard and fast with Dan's BP, make sure you are easing yourself into it by using a small amount once per day (or twice if your skin is handling it nicely) and build up until you are using the full recommended dose. If you get too over confident in the first week and apply too much BP, believe me you will regret it.

Good luck! :)

MemberMember
(@magica)

Posted : 12/11/2012 9:01 pm

Thanks to both of you for the help!

I am starting off slow, I'm currently only using a small amount of BP only at night and I'll continue that for the the first seven days, then I'll use the same amount but both morning and night. I want to increase to twice a day now, since it's my third day and so far I'm feeling nothing but very minimal dryness, but I don't want to start using too much too soon so I'm not sure if that would be ok. Also I purchased the AHA+ and I want so badly to use that on my new zits I'm getting as a spot treatment right now but I'm resisiting the urge to wait a month as recommended. tongue.png

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 12/12/2012 12:38 am

To be honest, I was exactly the same as you. Started slow in the first 3 days and started seeing results with my pimples drying up, but with no adverse reaction to the BP. So then I thought that obviously I was very special and got a bit overexcited and started using a full pump both day and night and after 3 days of that I woke up with my face on fire and chemically burnt in places. I had to stop using BP for a few days until my skin recovered and started from the beginning all over again.

If you start using AHA too early, all you will end up doing is agravating your skin. Resist the temptation and concentrate on getting your skin used to BP in the first 4-5 weeks. You're in the early stages yet, you will see a big difference to dryness, itchiness and burning once you're using 2 full pumps twice a day. But all of it passes and once you're through to the other side, hopefully clear skin awaits you!

MemberMember
(@magica)

Posted : 12/12/2012 3:07 am

Oh gosh that's no good, I'll definitely not up my BP dosage just yet then. Did you wait a week after starting again to use two full pumps of the BP or do you recommend waiting even longer than that? And should I wait until my skin has completely adjusted to the BP before I use AHA?

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 12/13/2012 2:45 am

After a few days of only using BP at night, I would start going with the same amount of BP but twice per day. Then after a few days if all is going well, slowly increase the dose of BP. It took me 3-4 weeks before I was using two pumps twice per day, but my face was still beetroot red in places. I probably should have gone a bit slower in hindsight.

And yes, wait until you are comfortable with BP before using the AHA+. When I started using the AHA+ it set me back a bit as it made my face really red and sore in places, but that only lasted a week or so. It made a huge difference with flakiness though....hit that nail on the head.

MemberMember
(@skintuition)

Posted : 12/13/2012 10:22 am

i used 0.1% BP before I tried Dan's, and all though the redness, burning and irritation was not that bad, the dryness and peeling NEVER stopped. To this day, 8 months later, my skin still feels tight and dry, despite all the moisturizer I try to glob on my face. Everyone is different. Dan's BP is awesome, it's really the best money can buy, that doesn't mean there's a guarantee that it will work though. I definitely believe the skin is better adjusted when you used BP previously, like in my case. That's how I avoided the initial breakout with the regimen.