Notifications
Clear all

Bactrim Ds Steven Johnson Syndrome

MemberMember
(@acneman21293)

Posted : 12/10/2012 9:46 pm

Hi,

My dermatologist has given me bactrim ds after being on minocycline on and off for the last couple of years. I do my research like always before I put something in my body and found the horrible steven johnsons syndrome as a reaction to using drugs like bactrim ds. Could this really happen to me without seeing any signs to prevent it? I'm probably just worrying about nothing (maybe why I have acne in the first place haha) but would really appreciate it if someone would put my mind at ease.

Thank you!

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 12/10/2012 10:32 pm

My advice, stop googling. lol. You are worrying about nothing.

MemberMember
(@asburypark101)

Posted : 12/12/2012 5:15 am

Hi,

My dermatologist has given me bactrim ds after being on minocycline on and off for the last couple of years. I do my research like always before I put something in my body and found the horrible steven johnsons syndrome as a reaction to using drugs like bactrim ds. Could this really happen to me without seeing any signs to prevent it? I'm probably just worrying about nothing (maybe why I have acne in the first place haha) but would really appreciate it if someone would put my mind at ease.

Thank you!

I understand your concern, Steven Johnson Syndrome is a very serious condition, but it is a very rare condition. Also there are warning signs to lessen the impact of possible Steven Johnson Syndrome, such as an unusual rash. An ordinary rash typically starts before a full on case of Steven Johnson Syndrome. If you notice a rash on your body that is unexplained, stop the medication and contact your doctor immediately. Catching a possible case of Steven Johnson Syndrome is the best way to prevent any lasting effects. After 8 weeks and if nothing happens, then you are probably in the clear. Also this is a very rare condition, that I am familiar with because it is a rare side effect to psychiatric medication I prescribe to my patients (lamictal). Good luck with everything and I really hope the Bactrim helps you 🙂

MemberMember
(@acneman21293)

Posted : 12/12/2012 12:03 pm

It really is helping I think. I still have some zits but the inflammation has gone down after just two days. My plan is to get clear with bactrim and maintain the clearness with bp at night, a healthy diet, and supplements once I am able to ween myself off of it

MemberMember
(@asburypark101)

Posted : 12/17/2012 7:39 am

It really is helping I think. I still have some zits but the inflammation has gone down after just two days. My plan is to get clear with bactrim and maintain the clearness with bp at night, a healthy diet, and supplements once I am able to ween myself off of it

Sounds like a good plan and I am really happy it is working for you 🙂