Notifications
Clear all

Can You Bleach Facial Hair While On Accutane?

MemberMember
(@user74659)

Posted : 12/03/2012 11:34 pm

I really want to know the answer to this. I'm referring to my eyebrows, which I usually get lightened slightly at my salon to better match my medium brown hair (brows are thick and black).

I know you can't wax brows and have no plans to do this, but can't get a straight answer or dyeing/tinting/bleaching them safely.

I asked my derm and she said coloring head hair is fine but she wasn't sure about brows or other facial hair...

Anyone bleach their brows or other facial hair while using accutane? Did you have any side effects?

MemberMember
(@user187201)

Posted : 12/04/2012 12:31 am

Your eyebrows may very fall out after accutane ( or during) Im 2 years post accutane & my brows are falling out. I used to get them waxed every 6 weeks, now they dont grow. My hair was also coloured - has been falling out since 4 weeks after coming off, had to stop colouring. The only hairs that seem to re grow are white. No joke. Im 31. accutane screws up every function of your body.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/20/2012 10:37 am

I'd do it. As long as you only put it on your brows and not on your skin. I wouldn't try bleaching anywhere else on your face tho.

MemberMember
(@user74659)

Posted : 12/20/2012 1:57 pm

Cool! I was planning to try it once I get a little progress to show. Nothing yet but I know it takes awhile../ No use to worry about my hair right now til I'm comfortable enough about my skin to go out again, but as soon as its done, spa day! :)