Notifications
Clear all

Why Does Everyone Insist On Washing Your Face As Part Of The Treatment For Acne?

MemberMember
(@bsdetector)

Posted : 12/02/2012 10:33 pm

Why?

Even dermatologists recommend this, which demonstrates how unfathomably stupid they really are.

Are people really this dense?

Repeat after me: Pores do not clog from the top down. It's the dead cells/oil IN THE FOLLICLE that clog pores.

IN. The follicle.

The stuff on the surface is utterly irrelevant. Those are the cells and oil you know will NOT clog the pores. They're on the surface, where they will harmlessly remain until they dry up and fall off, or are scratched off, or are washed off.

And what's all this mention of "dirt?" Acne has nothing to do with fucking DIRT. How many times does that myth have to be debunked before people stop talking about fucking "dirt?"

No, you don't need to fucking wash twice a day with a miiiiiillllld soap. You don't need to wash once a day. You don't need to wash with "just water." You don't need to wash. Ever.

I mean, you can if you think it's better for cosmetic reasons to "remove oil" (but I've never thought my skin looked better after washing), but washing will not help your acne one iota. Period, the end.

MemberMember
(@nyla)

Posted : 12/03/2012 4:16 am

wellllll.. when i dont wash my face, my skin looks really grimy and greasy and just plain gross. i dont think everyone washes for the sole purpose of eradicating acne. it has a lot to do with hygiene. and you do know that acne can contain BACTERIA?

MemberMember
(@bsdetector)

Posted : 12/03/2012 11:57 am

wellllll.. when i dont wash my face, my skin looks really grimy and greasy and just plain gross. i dont think everyone washes for the sole purpose of eradicating acne. it has a lot to do with hygiene. and you do know that acne can contain BACTERIA?

Acne does contain bacteria. So does everything else on your body. Bacteria are everywhere. It's one thing if you're oozing pus or something and want to wash that area. It's another to wash your face every day as if that's going to do a lick fo good for your acne.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/04/2012 10:33 am

Because that's what conventional medicine does. Focus on the wrong issues and then the wrong solutions. Which is also true of most everything our government does.

For too long our society seems do do every thing it can to fight against nature rather than work with it. It's a losing battle. Lose-lose in fact. Bad for us. Bad for the planet and everything in it.

MemberMember
(@crevin)

Posted : 12/14/2012 2:46 am

Couldn't agree more with the OP. Well said.