Notifications
Clear all

Skin Rash

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 12/01/2012 10:08 am

Hey, so I am a wee bit concerned. I started taking a probiotic, its a BioKult one, I have only been taking one capsule and only for about 4 days. However, the first evening I took it I noticed that within an hour a rash appeared on the back of both of my hands. That same evening I used an anti-dandruff shampoo that I had only ever used once before, but never noticed this rash. I also work in a food factory and do wash my hands very frequently, I also study in a lab where I work with different bacterias and also wash my hands very regularly, of course.

Im just wondering if it possible that this probiotic could have anything to do with the rash that has appeared? It looks like a faint blotchy burn and feels rough, like quite dry. It does not itch though, thats what I find strange. Also, I feel that I would have noticed it before if it was the hand washes...I just don't really know what to do about it, the one on my right hand travels down to my wrist bone. Im thinking about consulting my doctor :/

MemberMember
(@perseverant)

Posted : 12/01/2012 11:28 am

Well it could be the pills, but I know that my anti-dandruff shampoo gives me rashes occasionally too. Keep using the pills and see if it happens again.

MemberMember
(@nick_vw)

Posted : 12/01/2012 12:36 pm

Yes, probiotics often cause a condition known as "die off", it causes general muscle aches, chills, soar throat etc. Skin rash is another common one. Basically, the "bad" bacteria release toxins as they die, causing the symptoms. It always passes after a few days continuing probiotics. It is not harmful.

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 12/01/2012 1:53 pm

Yes, probiotics often cause a condition known as "die off", it causes general muscle aches, chills, soar throat etc. Skin rash is another common one. Basically, the "bad" bacteria release toxins as they die, causing the symptoms. It always passes after a few days continuing probiotics. It is not harmful.

Oh really? I did not know this. So the bad bacteria are dying? I have noticed today especially a bout of diarreah, but the rash on my hands is kinda worrying a litte...my mum doesn't want me to keep taking them :/

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 12/03/2012 10:01 am

I drink water kefir everyday to get probiotic, its so cheap and it last forever. You should do that instead of those capsules!!! Stay natural all day.