Notifications
Clear all

Got Some Acv For Pih On Cheeks

MemberMember
(@dukebluedevils)

Posted : 11/30/2012 8:58 am

I got some apple cider vinegar yesterday to put on my cheeks to see if it will help my PIH go away. I just want to know when to use it and how to use it. I've heard that you use it at night because it smells and you don't want it on your face during the day. And I've heard you're supposed to get a spoonful of both the ACV and some water and put both in a bowl and stir it up, then use some cotton to rub it on your face. Do you rub on your face? Or dab it? Just want to know how to do this right.

And also do I have to be concerned at all about me breaking out as a result of me putting this on my face? I hope not.

Thanks for your help. *If you read all this, please comment.*

MemberMember
(@aballarina)

Posted : 11/30/2012 1:53 pm

I also use acv for 3 months now. Amazing. Able to cure a couple skin issues. I dilute mine in a glass

(50/50) water and acv. I actually dab because I find it more gentle. I actually did rub it once and it made my cheeks pink lol.

And I do mine 3 times a day. Morning after work and night time. I don't think it smells too bad or maybe I'm just used to it, but even my boyfriend doesn't notice the smell.

Make sure your using the organic one from Braggs with "the mother" in it

:) best of luck to you!

And no I never broke out at all. I think it's more like a toner. I haven't actually heard of anyone breaking out from it

MemberMember
(@dukebluedevils)

Posted : 11/30/2012 6:24 pm

I also use acv for 3 months now. Amazing. Able to cure a couple skin issues. I dilute mine in a glass

(50/50) water and acv. I actually dab because I find it more gentle. I actually did rub it once and it made my cheeks pink lol.

And I do mine 3 times a day. Morning after work and night time. I don't think it smells too bad or maybe I'm just used to it, but even my boyfriend doesn't notice the smell.

smile.png best of luck to you!

And no I never broke out at all. I think it's more like a toner. I haven't actually heard of anyone breaking out from it

That's the one I got. Braggs and it says mother on it.

When you say dilute, you mean mix it together right? How long should I mix it for?

And did it help your PIH on cheeks go away completely?

And I guess I'll do mine twice a day. Morning when I wake up and after I take a shower at night.

MemberMember
(@aballarina)

Posted : 12/01/2012 1:12 am

Well my cheeks are almost clear after just over 2 months their glowing! And yes mix it together :) I would even try perhaps 60 / 40 water to acv to start.

MemberMember
(@flowerbud3)

Posted : 12/01/2012 11:22 am

Hey, I'm might actually try acv soon to see how it works but I have a question. Are you supposed to wash if off after leaving it on for a certain amount of time? Or am I supposed to use it like lotion and leave it on? Thanks!

MemberMember
(@dukebluedevils)

Posted : 12/02/2012 1:19 pm

Hey, I'm might actually try acv soon to see how it works but I have a question. Are you supposed to wash if off after leaving it on for a certain amount of time? Or am I supposed to use it like lotion and leave it on? Thanks!

That's a good question. Hopefully someone helps me and you out and answers us.

MemberMember
(@dukebluedevils)

Posted : 12/03/2012 12:04 am

I started putting ACV on my cheeks today. I put it on earlier in the day and after I showered. It burned my skin a little bit right when I put it on. It doesn't burn after I put it on but it still burns when I am putting it on. Is that normal? I dilute it with half water and half ACV and mix it together with a spoon.

I think I'm going to just start doing it once a day after I take a shower. I'll use it for a week and see if I see any results.

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME IF THE BURNING IS NORMAL. IF YOU READ THIS PLEASE RESPOND. PLEASE HELP ME.

MemberMember
(@cutiebear)

Posted : 12/03/2012 12:17 am

A little burning is normal. Do you have active breakouts? If you do then most likely the ACV is probably killing all the bacteria lol. Just stick with it. Apply it at night because during the day if you go out in the sun with it on it will actually darken your marks. You can maybe dilute it more next time 75% water and 25% ACV. You have to find the right amount for YOUR skin. Some people have really sensitive skin whereas others can put it straight on without any burning.

MemberMember
(@dukebluedevils)

Posted : 12/03/2012 12:32 am

I think I'm going to use it once a day when I wake up. Not after I take a shower.

*Discard this*

A little burning is normal. Do you have active breakouts? If you do then most likely the ACV is probably killing all the bacteria lol. Just stick with it. Apply it at night because during the day if you go out in the sun with it on it will actually darken your marks. You can maybe dilute it more next time 75% water and 25% ACV. You have to find the right amount for YOUR skin. Some people have really sensitive skin whereas others can put it straight on without any burning.

MemberMember
(@aballarina)

Posted : 12/03/2012 12:44 am

Yep I found that the acv does burn if I just popped a pimple a few hours prior or I didn't dilute it enough. It's completely normal :) maybe just dilute it a bit less and work your way up

And I don't wash mine off. I use it as a toner then put my lovely dermatitis creams on and that's it. I didn't find it irreitates it, for me it takes a lot of the red out.

MemberMember
(@cutiebear)

Posted : 12/03/2012 1:10 am

Oh okay that makes sense! Then sure that will be fine. Since you are not using it 100% anyway I guess you don't have to worry about it darkening in the sun. As far as the scarring goes it shouldn't affect it in the sense that it's going to make it worse. If anything it will help it.

It will lighten the redness.

MemberMember
(@dukebluedevils)

Posted : 12/03/2012 1:25 am

Oh okay that makes sense! Then sure that will be fine. Since you are not using it 100% anyway I guess you don't have to worry about it darkening in the sun. As far as the scarring goes it shouldn't affect it in the sense that it's going to make it worse. If anything it will help it.

It will lighten the redness.

OK. Thank you for your help. I'll be sure to update you after like a week. And I looked in the mirror a few minutes ago and my cheeks weren't red. Red from the burning sensation I mean, so that's good.

Yep I found that the acv does burn if I just popped a pimple a few hours prior or I didn't dilute it enough. It's completely normal smile.png maybe just dilute it a bit less and work your way up

And I don't wash mine off. I use it as a toner then put my lovely dermatitis creams on and that's it. I didn't find it irreitates it, for me it takes a lot of the red out.

I think I'll do 1:4 ACV to water tomorrow when I put it on again. I guess I'll work my way up to 1:2 ACV to water and that's as high as I'll go. I'll go to 1:3 ACV to water after a week of doing it 1:4.

MemberMember
(@dukebluedevils)

Posted : 12/03/2012 5:46 pm

After two days it looks the same it always has. How long does it take to see results for my PIH? I'm already starting to think the ACV is not going to work and worse that the PIH is never going to go away. My PIH has been there for almost 3 years.

MemberMember
(@cutiebear)

Posted : 12/03/2012 6:21 pm

any product you use you have to give it at least a month to see if it works or not. I've used mine for about a week and it is definitely fading but a couple of more weeks will be even better! it's all about establishing a routine!!

MemberMember
(@dukebluedevils)

Posted : 12/03/2012 6:35 pm

I'm putting it on when I wake up every day. Is it bad if later in the day I can't smell the vinegar on my fingers after I touch my cheeks??

I think I'll work my way up to 1:1 water to ACV instead of 1:2. I'll increase every week. i want to give this time to work. if after one month i don't see any results i'll just stop.

any product you use you have to give it at least a month to see if it works or not. I've used mine for about a week and it is definitely fading but a couple of more weeks will be even better! it's all about establishing a routine!!

MemberMember
(@cutiebear)

Posted : 12/03/2012 6:42 pm

Yes, I apply mine at night because I feel that our skin renews itself at night by forming new skin cells so when I wash the ACV in the morning I see a difference. If that makes sense. Lol and I just do 50% each and dab it on with my hands instead of rubbing. After that I apply lavender oil and jojoba oil as my moisturizer.

Yeah for sure. You probably would get faster results if you applied it twice a day!

MemberMember
(@dukebluedevils)

Posted : 12/03/2012 6:59 pm

Yes, I apply mine at night because I feel that our skin renews itself at night by forming new skin cells so when I wash the ACV in the morning I see a difference. If that makes sense. Lol and I just do 50% each and dab it on with my hands instead of rubbing. After that I apply lavender oil and jojoba oil as my moisturizer.

Yeah for sure. You probably would get faster results if you applied it twice a day!

Well ok. I guess I'll use it twice a day. I used it this morning and I guess I'll use it again after I shower tonight. BUT since I'm trying something new washing my face off ONLY when I shower, I'm wondering if I could apply it once again in the morning without wiping off the ACV from the night before. I guess the ACV would either be gone by the morning and off my cheeks or I could just dab my face with a towel and that could get the remaining ACV off.

i'm just really stressing out about all this.

MemberMember
(@dukebluedevils)

Posted : 12/06/2012 2:29 pm

Is it normal to get new pimples on cheeks when you start ACV? Respond please?

MemberMember
(@jack101)

Posted : 12/06/2012 3:15 pm

I have a question, do you use this in your regime?

I mean my regime now is cleanse, bp cream, AHA+..

Should I just cleanse then use AVC or do I use bp cream too or what?