Notifications
Clear all

Washing Sulfur Smell Off Of Skin

MemberMember
(@bizz)

Posted : 11/29/2012 1:15 am

I bought De La Cruz sulfur ointment. Having used Rosiac cream (sp?) and finding it left my skin waxy and blackhead-ridden, I am wondering if this wasn't a mistake.

Here's another problem--I have no idea how to wash the stench off of me when I leave the sulfur on zits overnight. I wash my face with facial soap as I normally do, try to be thorough, in washing/rinsing everywhere on my face, but I can still smell the sulfur on me when I go to class.

What can I do?

MemberMember
(@bizz)

Posted : 03/12/2013 8:20 pm

Bumping this, going to try it again--leave it on all night.

MemberMember
(@gingergirl22)

Posted : 03/22/2013 4:16 pm

How about dabbing a little moisturizer or essential oil that has a pleasant smell just beneath your nose so it blocks the scent of the sulfur?

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 03/25/2013 10:19 pm

I bought De La Cruz sulfur ointment. Having used Rosiac cream (sp?) and finding it left my skin waxy and blackhead-ridden, I am wondering if this wasn't a mistake.

Here's another problem--I have no idea how to wash the stench off of me when I leave the sulfur on zits overnight. I wash my face with facial soap as I normally do, try to be thorough, in washing/rinsing everywhere on my face, but I can still smell the sulfur on me when I go to class.

What can I do?

Have you found anything that's helped you with getting rid of the sulfur smell?

I used de la cruz for the first time last night and could still smell it after cleansing this morning. It wasn't overpowering or anything - I was just worried that it would be strong enough for other people to smell it...

I used a toner and that seemed to help a little more though.

MemberMember
(@gingergirl22)

Posted : 03/29/2013 8:14 pm

My son uses it and I can't smell it on him (affer he rinses it off) unless I am within inches of his face.

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 03/30/2013 7:50 pm

You're not supposed to leave the de la Cruz sulfur ointment on longer than 10 minutes. I sometimes leave it on for 20 but I've been using it for a while so my skin can tolerate it. Leaving this ointment on over night isn't going to make it work any faster. Your skin will just be more dry and flakey.

If you peel back the label it says "apply a thin layer and rinse off with water after 10 minutes".

I've tried using this ointment all different ways and what works best is to follow the labels instructions.

You won't smell sulfur if you use it correctly or maybe I just got use to the smell haha!

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 03/30/2013 8:48 pm

I think what was bothering me with the smell the other day was that I think I got some of it in my hair without realising... so that's why the smell of it hung around maybe. But I've been more careful to not get it in my hair and the smell hasn't really bothered me now after washing it off my skin. I've been using it close to how the label says but I probably leave it on a little longer than 10 minutes usually. Not much longer though and not overnight or it makes my skin too dry / flaky (a little scaley looking too actually). Maybe once my skin gets a little more used to it I'll use it a little longer or try it overnight again.

Just a question - Do you use this just on acne spots (like a spot treatment) or all over (more like a thin mask)? At the moment my acne is pretty much all over my face so even using it like a spot treatment nearly ends up being like a mask anyway :P But was just curious to how others use it

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 03/30/2013 11:59 pm

I think what was bothering me with the smell the other day was that I think I got some of it in my hair without realising... so that's why the smell of it hung around maybe. But I've been more careful to not get it in my hair and the smell hasn't really bothered me now after washing it off my skin. I've been using it close to how the label says but I probably leave it on a little longer than 10 minutes usually. Not much longer though and not overnight or it makes my skin too dry / flaky (a little scaley looking too actually). Maybe once my skin gets a little more used to it I'll use it a little longer or try it overnight again.

Just a question - Do you use this just on acne spots (like a spot treatment) or all over (more like a thin mask)? At the moment my acne is pretty much all over my face so even using it like a spot treatment nearly ends up being like a mask anyway :P But was just curious to how others use it

I apply a thin layer over my whole face. I also rub in the sulfur ointment for a minute. I don't know why I do this but, it just feels right to me.