Notifications
Clear all

What Has Helped Clear Not Cure My Acne In The Past 4 Years

MemberMember
(@food-eater10)

Posted : 11/29/2012 12:51 am

Hey Everyone. Since I've been able to fight off my skin problem off and on over the past 4 years I'd like to say what helps me and should basically help everyone else too. And then there are the things that help me but won't help everyone else too. I'll highlight those in red whistling.gif)

Number 1 - EAT RIGHT AND TAKE SUPPLEMENTS

-No pop or high sugary drinks (the amount of sugar is unreal)

-Stay away from high fructose corn syrup

-Processed foods (canned) isn't the devil but definitely doesn't help you

-Each person can be allergic to certain things but definitely control your dairy intake

-For Pete's peppers if you're not eating a balanced meal then at least take a Multivitamin. (Some may say "OH NO! This makes me break out!" Really? Providing your body with essential nutrients makes you break out? Hmm....Anyways...

-ZINC- Helped clear me up but I prefer not to take it as it can have weird side effects (hair loss, stomach issues)

-H20- Drink TONS of water. Another no brainer. BTW if you're thirsty, it's already "too late" and your body is already beginning to be dehydrated. So get drinking!! (8 glasses a day)

Number 2 - Exercise, Exercise, Exercise

-Bike, Run, Brisk Walk, Swim, Row, Hike, Run Stairs...whatever. This clears up more than anything. And if I'm not exercising I do break out.

- At least 20 minutes a day 6 days a week at a medium intensity (tough enought to get your HR up but you're not dieing either)

-SHOWER or wash your face afterwards. You're going to break out again if not, so this is crucial to wipe away sweat!!

Why? It makes your heart stronger, therefore improving circulatory functions in your body. This improves all the systems that work in your body and especially a large organ...your skin!! Imagine it as constantly giving your body a boost!

Number 3 - Exfoliate

-Doesn't matter how...wash cloth, loofah, scrubs. But again DON'T look into so much....the biggest problem with people with problem skin is that over analyze everything.

-Shaving is fantastic for guys

-If you use a wash cloth, loofah or scrub..be gentle (small circles)

-Use SOAP (mild soaps) (Omg? Who would of guessed that?)

Why? You have tons of dead skin. Gotta get rid of it somehow, and the think the biggest problem people have on here is being OVER sensitive to their skin and not doing a light exfoliate. They end up with clogged pores.

Hey, you'll notice the two most important factors are from the inside out. I didn't mention antibiotics, or any type of prescription meds. Your body is a machine. Build it, make it better by exercising and eating right. Or you'll pay for it.

This is all natural. All questions welcomed.

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 11/29/2012 4:37 am

This is one of the few threads on this subject that I actually agree with. All of these things except avoiding dairy works for me. (I break out more if I don't have dairy. Then again, I get deficient in things very easily, especially iron and calcium).

MemberMember
(@food-eater10)

Posted : 11/29/2012 11:04 am

Glad to hear! Yeah you''d be surprised how many people rob themselves of nutrients by not consuming dairy because they don't take a supplement!

MemberMember
(@bsdetector)

Posted : 12/01/2012 7:45 am

Hey Everyone. Since I've been able to fight off my skin problem off and on over the past 4 years I'd like to say what helps me and should basically help everyone else too. And then there are the things that help me but won't help everyone else too. I'll highlight those in red whistling.gif)

-Each person can be allergic to certain things but definitely control your dairy intake

-For Pete's peppers if you're not eating a balanced meal then at least take a Multivitamin. (Some may say "OH NO! This makes me break out!" Really? Providing your body with essential nutrients makes you break out? Hmm....Anyways...

It might, if it stimulates an immune system that overreacts to everything.

-ZINC- Helped clear me up but I prefer not to take it as it can have weird side effects (hair loss, stomach issues)

-H20- Drink TONS of water. Another no brainer. BTW if you're thirsty, it's already "too late" and your body is already beginning to be dehydrated. So get drinking!! (8 glasses a day)

Oh, God...

rolleyes.gif

Not this stupid myth again. You drink when you're thristy. That's what nature intended. This "8 glasses of water" garbage is so 1990. Yeesh.

-Bike, Run, Brisk Walk, Swim, Row, Hike, Run Stairs...whatever. This clears up more than anything. And if I'm not exercising I do break out.

- At least 20 minutes a day 6 days a week at a medium intensity (tough enought to get your HR up but you're not dieing either)

-SHOWER or wash your face afterwards. You're going to break out again if not, so this is crucial to wipe away sweat!!

So far you've stated all the diet cliches and now you've gotten to exercise. Wow, so riveting.

Why? It makes your heart stronger, therefore improving circulatory functions in your body. This improves all the systems that work in your body and especially a large organ...your skin!! Imagine it as constantly giving your body a boost!

There are plenty of quality athletes with serious acne problems. Just check out a high school football team sometime.

Number 3 - Exfoliate

-Doesn't matter how...wash cloth, loofah, scrubs. But again DON'T look into so much....the biggest problem with people with problem skin is that over analyze everything.

OK, let me make this perfectly clear:

Exfoliating is WORTHLESS when it comes to acne. Absolutely, positively WORTHLESS.

Pores do not clog from the top down. It's the cells lining the follicle that are the problem, and there is no way you can clear those by washing your face or "exfoliating." Just forget it.

Fantastic for guys? What, is this your personal opinion on what looks good on men?

Right, because stuff on the surface, that has absolutely nothing to do with the formation of acne, is what we need to be concerned about.

Why? You have tons of dead skin. Gotta get rid of it somehow, and the think the biggest problem people have on here is being OVER sensitive to their skin and not doing a light exfoliate. They end up with clogged pores.

Refer to the above.

Hey, you'll notice the two most important factors are from the inside out. I didn't mention antibiotics, or any type of prescription meds. Your body is a machine. Build it, make it better by exercising and eating right. Or you'll pay for it.

Typical. The old, "kick your own ass over a condition you have absolutely no control over" post.

MemberMember
(@slumpey)

Posted : 01/11/2013 4:10 pm

WOW. Talk about someone who is Negative. I looked at several of your posts, BSDetector, and you have nothing Positive to say. What may not work for you may work for others.

MemberMember
(@crashoran)

Posted : 01/13/2013 9:58 pm

WOW. Talk about someone who is Negative. I looked at several of your posts, BSDetector, and you have nothing Positive to say. What may not work for you may work for others.

He may be negative, but he's right. Your pores don't get clogged from the top down. Working out actually increases testosterone and makes acne worse for most people.

MemberMember
(@food-eater10)

Posted : 01/17/2013 11:44 pm

BSdetector..your comments are amusing. Your negativity tells me how hopeless you are, maybe keep us posted on how things are going for you? I'd like to here it.

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 01/18/2013 8:30 am

Number 3 - Exfoliate

Some good advice here.

I would say in many casses 8 glasses isn't enough. I get through 3 to 4 liters a day. It can take a lot to stop nasty things happening like water retention.

But i think this is one the most balanced posts in this thread.

The one thing i will say.

Drink before you're thirsty is a bit of a myth. Your body will let you know when it is thirsty, it's ignoring this sign is when people start dehydrating.