Notifications
Clear all

Lazer For Acne

MemberMember
(@hum12)

Posted : 11/20/2012 1:46 pm

Hi guys I need help!! I have moderate cystic acne with paustles with top white half whiteheads and blackheads but a lot of my acne is flat and just very red and inflammed I have tried all antibiotics and tropical treatments but nothing works!! So I was thinking I really don't wanna do the accutane or pill route cause even if I did accutane I probs would just do it on 20mg for 2months so doubt it will be effective therefore I'm really looking into lazer treatment for my active acne what do you think any experiences also what kind of lazer is best to combact the acne I have it is very red and inflammed any help will be greatly appreciated

MemberMember
(@akl)

Posted : 11/20/2012 3:24 pm

Could also someone pls tell me how to post a pic so I can ago you guys my acne I'm new here smile.png any help is appreciated

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/322990-pics/#entry3303940

MemberMember
(@hum12)

Posted : 11/20/2012 5:50 pm

Any help guys???? Could really need it

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 11/30/2012 2:06 pm

i did the acleara laser and after my 4th treatment i broke out like crazy. it was awful! i believe it also f-ed up my chin. i have heard isolaz is a good one but dont know much about it. i think smoothbeam is for acne and scars.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 11/30/2012 5:22 pm

Hi guys I need help!! I have moderate cystic acne with paustles with top white half whiteheads and blackheads but a lot of my acne is flat and just very red and inflammed I have tried all antibiotics and tropical treatments but nothing works!! So I was thinking I really don't wanna do the accutane or pill route cause even if I did accutane I probs would just do it on 20mg for 2months so doubt it will be effective therefore I'm really looking into lazer treatment for my active acne what do you think any experiences also what kind of lazer is best to combact the acne I have it is very red and inflammed any help will be greatly appreciated

Oh and btw I understand that lazer is cost and time effective but I'm just fed up could also someone pls educate me to how lazer works what does it do does it srink glands in the skin what does the process require??

Could also someone pls tell me how to post a pic so I can ago you guys my acne I'm new here smile.png any help is appreciated

Lasers are typically better for acne scarring and collagen loss. However there are some lasers available that do kill acne bacteria, namely Pulsed Dye and Q-switched laser treatments. The Smoothbeam laser is perhaps the most common one to treat acne but primarily targets sebaceous glands and can also fix acne scarring. Light treatments, particularly blue light, kills acne bacteria and is often combined with other laser and light treatments.

Lasers work by injuring the skin with a controlled, high intensity heat. This injury causes the skin to go into "overdrive", producing more collagen (and other proteins) than it normally would to fix the damage. If done at the right settings, the result is smoother, more even-toned and younger looking skin. Ablative lasers like carbon dioxide work by removing the top layer of skin; non-ablative lasers just "damage" the underlying layers of skin. Ablative lasers are better for wrinkling and facial tightening in older populations, while non-ablative lasers can be better for some acne scars.

MemberMember
(@hum12)

Posted : 11/30/2012 8:27 pm

Hi guys I need help!! I have moderate cystic acne with paustles with top white half whiteheads and blackheads but a lot of my acne is flat and just very red and inflammed I have tried all antibiotics and tropical treatments but nothing works!! So I was thinking I really don't wanna do the accutane or pill route cause even if I did accutane I probs would just do it on 20mg for 2months so doubt it will be effective therefore I'm really looking into lazer treatment for my active acne what do you think any experiences also what kind of lazer is best to combact the acne I have it is very red and inflammed any help will be greatly appreciated ��

Oh and btw I understand that lazer is cost and time effective but I'm just fed up could also someone pls educate me to how lazer works what does it do does it srink glands in the skin what does the process require??

Lasers are typically better for acne scarring and collagen loss. However there are some lasers available that do kill acne bacteria, namely Pulsed Dye and Q-switched laser treatments. The Smoothbeam laser is perhaps the most common one to treat acne but primarily targets sebaceous glands and can also fix acne scarring. Light treatments, particularly blue light, kills acne bacteria and is often combined with other laser and light treatments.

Lasers work by injuring the skin with a controlled, high intensity heat. This injury causes the skin to go into "overdrive", producing more collagen (and other proteins) than it normally would to fix the damage. If done at the right settings, the result is smoother, more even-toned and younger looking skin. Ablative lasers like carbon dioxide work by removing the top layer of skin; non-ablative lasers just "damage" the underlying layers of skin. Ablative lasers are better for wrinkling and facial tightening in older populations, while non-ablative lasers can be better for some acne scars.

Thanks for your reply I am now doing accutane week one has gone by and no difference at all I have broke out like crazy btw could u tell me more about the q switch lazer my local clinic do it and the woman was saying how they put a black carbon mask on and then use the q switch lazer is that an nd:yag there is not much info on the net about it so if u have any information on the q switch Petra peel I will appreciate it 😊