Notifications
Clear all

I Am Ruined (Pics Included)

MemberMember
(@xesro)

Posted : 11/17/2012 4:40 am

I am ruined, so ashamed of myself, I just want to end this ... nothing works ... no medications, no dermatologists treatments, no natural things NOTHING ! I don't pop my pimples, never have I touched them and still they leave me huge horrible red spots and scars ... I have used all kind of natural scrubs ( tomato+ sugar / lemon juice+sugar ) and everything I could find naturally.

I'm in highschool and as you know, people judge you by the looks... I don't know what to do, I'm desperate ...

I just bought a new phone and I was curious how my face looks ( its a 8 mega pixels camera ), here are some pics, they seem less red because the pc reduced the amount of pixels, but on the phone camera it looks horrible ! Imagine that all those spots on my face look ten times more red-ish ... Its weird that when I look in the mirrors they don't look quite that bad but on the photo camera its looks horrible ...

29pvmds.jpg

54g8w.jpg

rlw9ba.jpg

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 11/17/2012 4:58 am

Bro my acne was like yours when I was in high school

Luckily in my entire life I never gotten a cyst..

Is normal for your.age to have acne. Shit I'm outta high school and I still have some ( very light they come get a little red and they go ) ...I just got back from a party a saw a bunch of my friends from high school and 70% of them have scarring from previous zits and light acne...

Chemicals just mess up your face if I were you I just stick to cleaning in the morning n night , let your skin heal itself.

Remember most acne on guys is temporary it will get better.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/17/2012 5:05 am

People will always judge you by your looks, I'm senior in college and this still applies. What you have is reversible, you don't know what it's like to feel ugly when you're young, I just turned turn 23 and I am almost bald. Believe me, that's a different story than the micro-redmarks you have.

MemberMember
(@xesro)

Posted : 11/17/2012 5:19 am

Well, I'm 18 years old, last year of highschool and I don't want people to remember me something like " Hey do you remember him ? Yeah ... he had bad acne " .

I am ashamed to look people in the eyes, when I talk with somebody I always look down or trying to avoid eye contact ... this has affected me in many ways along the years ... I had the acne problem since 14 years so I don't think this curse will end soon ... I'd rather be bald than have a horrible face !

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 11/17/2012 5:45 am

You class this as bad acne? You must faint when you see a cyst.

I'll tell you what they will remember you as if you keep up like this - as 'That guy that never talked to anybody' and 'that guy that wouldn't look you in the eyes'. What you see in the mirror or in close up pictures is magnified. Most people don't look at you as closely as you look at yourself, and they care less than you do. Trust me.

You have very mild acne. You're a guy. You're 18. The odds are against you.

As for wanting to die - go stand in front of a terminally ill young man and say that. I bet you any money he'd swap with you in a heart beat.

MemberMember
(@jacinthaa)

Posted : 11/17/2012 6:15 am

I feel so sorry for you, your acne is practically non-existent.

You have such a light form, and you should be enjoying life. Everyone has some kind of pimples or acne, and you should bless yourself that yours extremely light.

You might only have some shaving-irritation from what I can see, so maybe that's something you should look into. I bet a lot of guys here will know some solutions to that.

I agree with treating you skin very gentle, just leave it alone and wash it once or twice a day and put some moisturizer on it. Hard chemicals will only worsen the situation.

MemberMember
(@eg6947)

Posted : 11/17/2012 6:20 am

I would classify your case is mild acne! No need to stress bro and since you're 18, it might even go away on its own with time. Just be gentle and do not use harsh products that make things worse. Also, try to cut down on sugar and include raw vegetables: spinach, avocado, carrots, etc. to your daily diet. Believe me your case is nothing compared to other people's. I know how damaging to one's self-esteem the spots can be, but I personally found out that the more I let the spots stress me out, the worse they get!

Also, since they seem to be on your cheeks, I would suggest being gentle when you shave and choose gentle products that do not clog pores. My spots started coming when I first started shaving my beard when I was 17 and I think some of shaving creams or the way I used to shave might have contributed that.

All the best mate.

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 11/17/2012 6:22 am

that's bad acne......? not as bad as you think.... although i can relate to what you're feeling right now... and i understand where you're coming from....

just don't lose hope..... keep fighting...... fight ACNE in any way you can.... if you can't find anything that works out for you... try to look at it in a different way... try a wholistic approach in geeting rid of acne.... change your diet... cut your sugars, eliminate dairy, hydrate!!!

agree with Jacinthaa..... tinydan.gif

MemberMember
(@bodie81)

Posted : 11/17/2012 7:11 am

When I was your age I had really bad cystic acne and would have loved to have had your skin. I do not even class what you have got as acne and no disrespect but if you are seriously thinking of ending it all over that - you need help.

For what it`s worth, I think the minor irritation that you do have may be caused by shaving. Try shaving with the grain rather than against the grain to avoid irritation.

MemberMember
(@xesro)

Posted : 11/17/2012 8:46 am

As I said the pictures posted make my marks look very faded and that because of the rendering.

Why am I so pissed ? Well I hate it when people make fun of me just because of this problem, last week I got dumped by my ex-girlfriend and she said it in my face that my acne makes her embarressed to walk around with me. All of these problem sometimes make me violent, this Friday a douche made fun of me and then I punched him in the face. Inside me I grow with hate and loneliless.

MemberMember
(@eg6947)

Posted : 11/17/2012 9:42 am

As I said the pictures posted make my marks look very faded and that because of the rendering.

Why am I so pissed ? Well I hate it when people make fun of me just because of this problem, last week I got dumped by my ex-girlfriend and she said it in my face that my acne makes her embarressed to walk around with me. All of these problem sometimes make me violent, this Friday a douche made fun of me and then I punched him in the face. Inside me I grow with hate and loneliless.

If your gf dumped you because of the few spots you have, then she is obviously some shallow w***e and you better off without her. There is more fish in the sea and I personally would rather wait until the right one comes along than hang around with horrible ones. If people who are supposed to be close to you do not stand by you when you need them, then you do not need them in the first place.

I am pretty sure that what you have has to do with shaving and might be some sort of folliculitis or something else and regardless of what it is as I said it is nothing compared to what other people are suffering from. Just google pictures of people with severe acne and you will see how very light your case is. Go and enjoy your life young man and do not stress over it. The moment that goes will never come back so do not waste it! I myself made that mistake in my youth and ended up staying home most of the time but now I wish I| could set the clock back!

MemberMember
(@nearlydefeated)

Posted : 11/17/2012 10:46 am

I agree with the majority of posts here. Your acne is very mild to say the least. The red marks that you have will fade to nothing, they are not scars. There are many people here that would cry with sheer joy if they had skin like yours.

However, I am sorry that these trouble you, I know you are at a very sensitive age. As for certain people making fun of you, when you are a bit older you will realise how immature these people were and the reason that they made fun of you was due to their own insecurities. Your ex girlfriend is better of as that - an ex!

MemberMember
(@wrongtiming)

Posted : 11/17/2012 11:59 am

i've seen hundreds of people with similar skin, and let me tell you, it's really not that bad smile.png be thankful you don't have big black blotches like me, and that you don't have super active bad acne. just eat healthy, get a gentle cleanser, and let your skin take care of itself!

one of my best friends who is a guy (and we're both seniors in HS too) has little red marks over his skin, and i didn't even notice until a few days ago. To be honest, it looks kind of weird when a guy has completely smooth, clear, soft skin.

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 11/17/2012 12:36 pm

No picture can be that deceiving. It's mild.

I bet your ex didn't actually dump you for your skin. She was probably using it to hide something deeper that she didn't want to talk about. And if she did dump you ONLY because of the acne - I'm surprised she manages to have any relationship at all with that low brain cell function.

People will ALWAYS make fun of you for something.

In highschool I got beaten constantly for being 'fat' (I was very tall and my weight was within normal range). I had numerous concussions, broken bones and other injuries from where I'd get my head slammed repeatedly into the floor and things like that because I was so 'fat'. Then, when I eventually developed eating problems, they switched to my hair instead, saying I was a 'goth' because I have black hair and picking on me for that instead. If I would have looked like Angelina Jolie they would have found SOMETHING.

Most of my bullies had screwed up lives and taking it out on me was their release. It said a damn sight more about them than it did about me. And that's true of every bully and target everywhere. The bully is the disturbed and flawed individual.

Also, they sense low self esteem. It's like a dog can sense fear. And they'll hone in on that.

MemberMember
(@djjeff)

Posted : 11/18/2012 4:00 pm

mild case...try not to be so depressed...feeling down wont make them go away

MemberMember
(@flowergirl1234)

Posted : 11/18/2012 11:48 pm

Dude, you have GREAT skin. If I had the nerve to actually take a picture if my skin I would post it on here to show you how lucky you are. Can we trade skin? Lol I know we all are really focused on our imperfections, but you really have nothing to worry about.

MemberMember
(@drumatic)

Posted : 11/20/2012 11:30 am

wow that's nothing seriously, mine is so much worse

MemberMember
(@kpeaches2014)

Posted : 11/21/2012 4:06 pm

Sweetie, don't take my comment as belittling you, but the horrible acne you see is nonexistant to me! Remember, you are your own worse critic. No one else looks at your skin as up-close and as critically as you do. Listen to what these people have to say and connect with the people on this site. We're all in this together and we're all here to support each other!

MemberMember
(@rentedname)

Posted : 11/25/2012 3:01 am

i would kill to have your acne. do you have any idea what it feels like to have permanent pits and craters in your skin?

and your gf is either a shallow h**bag or she's lying to you about why she dumped you.

MemberMember
(@aballarina)

Posted : 11/28/2012 1:50 pm

It does look like irritation from shaving. My boyfriend would get something similar from

Shaving and he changed the way he shaved (with the grain) n most of it went away. When your 16, soo many people have acne. It wont last forever an I'm sure it won't scar. When I was in hs I had moderate to mild acne , depending on the year. It did suck, but I had great marks and lots of fiends. And you know what? My acne is mostly gone and at 21 I'm running a restaurant. And those ppl that made fun of me? Are low life's now in drugs or workin a minimum wage job. Actually one of them worked for me!

So don't let them get to you. High school is a small part in your life. I wish I did more activities in high school. Maybe join a team?

And if your gf truly dumped you for that.. Id hate to wonder if karma will get her ..

You can always do better if someone is shallow.

Of it bothers you that much, go see a derm. And enjoy your life!

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 11/28/2012 2:21 pm

Scars take months if not year to heal. Patience is the key here, my friend. Be glad you no longer have inflamed acne, and just accept the state of your healing face. It looks much better than you think, many of us can be so over critical about ourselves. Don't worry about what you look like on the outside. Have you tried apple cider vinegar toner? Have you tried grapeseed oil as a moisturizer? Do you take vitamin C and E capsules? Have you tried 30 min honey masks once a week? All of these things can help you, and I'd put money that in 6 months time, if your face remains clear, you will be 80% scar free and won't even notice them!

------------------------

PS: I had to go back and edit this because now, I realize that you started this post because you believe you have ACTIVE acne! I thought you were just talking about the red marks. That shows a lot, that I didn't even think you had active acne. You have a mild case. Have you tried the paleo diet?