Notifications
Clear all

I've Been On Accutane For 10 Months?

MemberMember
(@lngo)

Posted : 11/15/2012 9:47 am

I've been on Accutane for 10 months and only got a blood check once (since I'm in Ontario). Is it bad? And is 10 months too long? My friend said she's only heard people doing it for six months, but my best friend did it for one year. My skin is 90% perfect, but there's still those marks.

When I said since I'm in Ontario, I was implying that I do not live in America and I don't have to do the regular monthly blood test.

MemberMember
(@omnivium)

Posted : 11/15/2012 12:45 pm

It definitely depends on how much you are taking. If you were taking 60mg a day then you probably already overdosed. You should get more blood tests done too. Unless you are doing a low dose regimen, I think you already overdosed and should stop taking it.

MemberMember
(@lngo)

Posted : 11/15/2012 2:11 pm

It definitely depends on how much you are taking. If you were taking 60mg a day then you probably already overdosed. You should get more blood tests done too. Unless you are doing a low dose regimen, I think you already overdosed and should stop taking it.

Ive been ob 40 mg since feb. did i ovrrdose and what does that mean, that its not working anymore? Cuz i think it still is

Sorry ob my phobe

MemberMember
(@omnivium)

Posted : 11/16/2012 3:20 pm

Well the total cumulative dose is supposed to be about 150mg of Accutane per kilogram of body weight, for a regular course of Accutane. So if you weigh 140 pounds(63 kilograms), your cumulative dose should be 150mg x 63kg = 9,450mg. So to calculate yours just multiply 150 by your body weight in kilograms.

If you've been taking 40mg a day for 10 months, that's 40mg x 300days = 12,000mg.

Overdosing isn't going to make the Accutane stop working, but it could harm your body. You don't want to end up with irritable bowel syndrome or hair loss or liver problems, so you should stop taking it if you overdosed.