Notifications
Clear all

Anyone Found Success With Thyme?

MemberMember
(@ledzep)

Posted : 11/04/2012 8:29 am

I'm curious if anyone here has noticed a significant reduction in their acne from incorporating thyme into their diet. I remember reading an article in the paper a few months ago about the vast benefits the herb can have and just performing a simple google search reveals that the health service in Britain (NHS) has actually written a article about the use of thyme and acne. The fact that the NHS is taking it seriously enough to consider responding is to me a VERY good sign, normally their official position is that diet and acne are not correlated.

Thoughts?

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 09/10/2013 9:44 am

I actually use thyme on my face for my acne, and it is so far keeping me clear! Check out my post about it down below. I hope I can be of some assistance even thought your question was posted long age :)

MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 09/11/2013 5:36 pm

Topic moved. Please read the forum headings and descriptions before posting. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 09/12/2013 8:08 am

Sounds like it would be a handy thing for your first aid kit. But for acne, killing bacteria isn't the answer. Improving skin barrier function, and how skin cells form and exfoliate should be the focus. To do that, follow an anti inflammatory, nutrient dense diet and avoid topical irritants. And those include anything that strips away your acid mantle.

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 09/12/2013 9:29 am

Sounds like it would be a handy thing for your first aid kit. But for acne, killing bacteria isn't the answer. Improving skin barrier function, and how skin cells form and exfoliate should be the focus. To do that, follow an anti inflammatory, nutrient dense diet and avoid topical irritants. And those include anything that strips away your acid mantle.

there is a scientific journal that proves thyme can kill acne bacteria, look it up.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 09/12/2013 3:27 pm

there is a scientific journal that proves thyme can kill acne bacteria, look it up.

I did. The antibacterial affect would be why I said it would be handy in your first aid kit. And as I said, killing the bacteria is not he solution.

This belief in killing every microbe is making us all sicker and destroying the planet. The microbes in your body play very important roles in how your body functions.

Really, this topic shouldn't have been moved here as it has nothing to do with the holistic treatment of acne.