Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ForeverAndPatience

The Truth About Dermarolling .-.

Found this, someone posted:

"If you want real life examples of people who have successfully used dermarolling to improve scars and stretch mark visit a website called essentialdayspa.com. There is a thread there on their forum dedicated entirely to dermarolling that is almost 200 pages long and several years old: {edited}

Anecdotal evidence means nothing in the face of first hand experience. And for God sake, why would you pay a Dr. $2000 to do this when you can buy the roller for under $100 and do your own treatments? That is the point of the dermaroller - save a little money and get great results. Many people on EDS turned to this method after trying Fraxel or Thermage and being highly disappointed.

Now my experience. I started rolling in July of this year using 1.5 cm needles. I specifically wanted to shrink pores, tighten skin and remove discoloration from my face. I am very impatient and the forum users on EDS had to explain to me that real results do not begin to show until 6 or 10 months down the road. It is now October and I can say that I have had excellent results already and can not wait until December to arrive so I can see even more improvement. Results are suppose to last up to 2 years. I plan to make this a regular routine for the rest of my days or until I just get sick of rolling. I plan to roll once a month 6 months out of the year and let my skin rest for the other 6 months.

Hope this info helps anyone curious about dermarolling."

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

>"Results are supposed to last up to 2 years."<

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Uhm, what? I've never heard that before. Especially since needling supposedly "breaks up scar tissue, and replaces it with new skin/tissue."

How could that reverse?

Can somebody clear this up for me?

"Derma rollers will cause the skin to destroy scar tissue, and replace it with brand new skin cells - eliminating scars."

Dermarolling is not just used for treating acne scars, it's also for wrinkles, tone, texture. All those improvements will gradually disappear as you stop rolling. Plus, scar tissue is tough. I don't think it's entirely eliminated. Just my opinion.