Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Help

MemberMember
(@flgators22)

Posted : 10/30/2012 9:05 pm

I'm on my 1st month of accutane (30 mg) I'm experiencing dry skin and my face is always red. I'm using CeraVe gentle foaming face wash. Should I use a oil-free moisturizer from CeraVe? I tried for a couple days to moisturize but I had a bunch of pimples flare up the next day. And do I moisturize morning and night after I use my cleanser?

MemberMember
(@start)

Posted : 10/30/2012 9:34 pm

Yes, you must moisturize. It's not even a matter of choice. rolleyes.gif

MemberMember
(@poptartie)

Posted : 10/31/2012 7:43 am

YES! I would recommend CereVe moisturizing cream (in the tub). It's thick and gentle and non comedogenic. You are early in your treatment and on a low dose and already dry.... If you don't moisturize you will be really sorry if you get bumped up to a higher dose! Just remember, once the Accutane really kicks in, your skin will be making ZERO moisture of it's own. The flair up is most likely just the medicine doing it's thing and not the CereVe moisturizer. Also, if it seems too thick, try the regular CereVe moisturizer during the day and use the cream at night. I actually have a Cetaphil moisturizer with spf that I use during the day if I'm going to be out in the sun for long. I love both brands.

Good luck! And if you have any more questions about what to use, I would be happy to give you my advice :) I'm at the end of month 3 and I'm a product junkie ;)

~Celia

MemberMember
(@flgators22)

Posted : 10/31/2012 2:19 pm

YES! I would recommend CereVe moisturizing cream (in the tub). It's thick and gentle and non comedogenic. You are early in your treatment and on a low dose and already dry.... If you don't moisturize you will be really sorry if you get bumped up to a higher dose! Just remember, once the Accutane really kicks in, your skin will be making ZERO moisture of it's own. The flair up is most likely just the medicine doing it's thing and not the CereVe moisturizer. Also, if it seems too thick, try the regular CereVe moisturizer during the day and use the cream at night. I actually have a Cetaphil moisturizer with spf that I use during the day if I'm going to be out in the sun for long. I love both brands.

Good luck! And if you have any more questions about what to use, I would be happy to give you my advice 🙂 I'm at the end of month 3 and I'm a product junkie 😉

~Celia

thanks. I'm going to use the Cerave AM moisturizing lotion in the morning. At night I'm going to use the Cerave moisturizing lotion. Is there a difference between the cream(tub) and the lotion (bottle ) cause I have the lotion

MemberMember
(@poptartie)

Posted : 10/31/2012 2:25 pm

The cream is really thick and...well..creamy. It does a good job of staying put through the night without feeling greasy. But yup, the difference is just that it seems to have more substance. Longer lasting. Both of which are good qualities ;)

MemberMember
(@flgators22)

Posted : 10/31/2012 2:50 pm

The cream is really thick and...well..creamy. It does a good job of staying put through the night without feeling greasy. But yup, the difference is just that it seems to have more substance. Longer lasting. Both of which are good qualities 😉

thanks so much. I'm at 1 month of accutane so hopefully I see some results soon