Notifications
Clear all

Pictures Of My Acne: How Severe?

MemberMember
(@rarahara)

Posted : 10/28/2012 12:39 am

Hi everyone! I'm new to acne.org, and I'm so happy to have found a massive community of people who can understand what torture it is to be dealing with persistent acne! I guess one good thing about being someone who suffers from acne (as opposed to something else) is that there are so many people who are right there with you.

If anyone could take a look at these pictures and let me know what they would deem the severity of the acne to be (mild, moderate, etc.), and maybe based on looking at it, give me some recommendations as to what I can do to treat it, it would be so so so appreciated!

I tend to get those horrible under the surface pimples, but they only ever appear on my cheeks. Acne on my forehead is more rare, as is acne on my chin and jaw line. It's the cheeks that are the worst, which is a pain in the ass considering the cheeks apparently scar the most/take the longest to heal!

I'm currently taking 75 mg of Spironolactone because I'm thinking my acne is hormonal. So far I've seen some improvements.

I was also prescribed Retin-A Micro 0.04, which I used for a few nights, and caused a bad break out. I'm scared to carry on with it because of how sensitive my skin is.

MemberMember
(@chelslaw)

Posted : 10/28/2012 1:27 am

dont see any photos here