Notifications
Clear all

Acne Scars, Possible To Treat Naturally?

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 10/27/2012 9:51 pm

Alright, so I think I have my skin under control. I do get one or two pimples occasionally, those that won't leave bad scarring at all.

I really want to treat my acne scars naturally. I've been applying aloe vera, but I don't see improvement at all, though, it did reduced redness.

I also tried lavender oil on scars, but I felt it was breaking me out. I guess I gotta do the laser treatment.

MemberMember
(@emmylouise)

Posted : 10/27/2012 10:24 pm

Hello, personally i found the best treatment has been with products containing AHA's and vitamin A creams and a vitamin C serum.

MemberMember
(@sanjoseskin)

Posted : 10/27/2012 11:50 pm

No, not if you want any real improvements.

If sandpaper, dermabrasion and 2000 degree lasers that vaporize skin barely give results, do you really think rubbing aloe vera or honey or anything else natural will get rid of your scars?

Sorry for the sarcasm, but it's reality.

MemberMember
(@slsl)

Posted : 11/10/2012 3:07 am

I think it could be possible if they're still fairly new.

Your body has an amazing ability to heal itself if given the right tools. I mean nutrition wise, and even being in the right mentality. I've been away from these boards for quite awhile because of how negative it is...

To sanjoseskin, I think people who barely get results from lasers and such don't have the right tools to heal their skin with. There's a reason people have acne scars in the first place, their skin doesn't have the right nutrients to heal itself correctly. Lasers and such depend on your body to create new collagen. There are a lot of things involved in collagen synthesis.

Chemotherapy isn't guarenteed to get rid of Cancer, but changing your diet and lifestyle can and eventually will.