Notifications
Clear all

Advice On My Acne

MemberMember
(@tom414)

Posted : 10/25/2012 3:43 pm

Hi everyone,

it would be nice if u could give me ur quick opinion on my acne. Im 16 and since a few months i have some trouble with severe acne in my face (not a single spot on my back or chest). First i didnt take the whole thing too serious but after about 3 months, when i recognized that it is just getting worse i went to a dermatologist. He first prescribed me some sort of antibiotics cream which i just needed to apply on my face daily, no pills or anything. This didnt help tht much and he then put me on antibiotics for 3 weeks until now. Last time i spoke to him he said if there is not a big change with the antibiotics he plans to put me on accutane next time i see him. What do u guys think (see picture)post-187478-0-15394100-1351197683_thumb., what are ur experiences? To be honest i dont really like this whole idea of accutane because there are so many limitations for example with alcohol... It would be nice if i get a quick advice from u guys if i should stay away from accutane at the current state or try it out, my next appointment is in two days already.

post-187478-0-15394100-1351197683_thumb.

MemberMember
(@rlsid21)

Posted : 10/25/2012 5:24 pm

Hi there,

I know exactly what you are going through as I started to get acne at age 12. I do have severe acne with the large cystics any where on my face and my back at times. Even at it's worst, I never considered Accutane even if it was recommended by a doctor which was only once recently. I still say no to Accutane. I believe in other options such as a combination of topicals first becuase once you find the right products for your skin, it can be magical in helping you clear up and stay clear.

First wanted to ask what is your current skin regimen?

MemberMember
(@goldlilies)

Posted : 10/26/2012 7:43 am

Hi everyone,

it would be nice if u could give me ur quick opinion on my acne. Im 16 and since a few months i have some trouble with severe acne in my face (not a single spot on my back or chest). First i didnt take the whole thing too serious but after about 3 months, when i recognized that it is just getting worse i went to a dermatologist. He first prescribed me some sort of antibiotics cream which i just needed to apply on my face daily, no pills or anything. This didnt help tht much and he then put me on antibiotics for 3 weeks until now. Last time i spoke to him he said if there is not a big change with the antibiotics he plans to put me on accutane next time i see him. What do u guys think (see picture)post-187478-0-15394100-1351197683_thumb., what are ur experiences? To be honest i dont really like this whole idea of accutane because there are so many limitations for example with alcohol... It would be nice if i get a quick advice from u guys if i should stay away from accutane at the current state or try it out, my next appointment is in two days already.

By looking at your skin, it seems like more of a reaction/irritation opposed to being really severe cysts. I am not an Accutane supporter so I won't even go there. The doctor cannot force you to go on it: tell him/her you want to pursue other options.

However, I would recommend you read up on foods that may be contributing to your acne. Like I said, your acne is not very swollen. Your skin looks mostly irritated to me. Make sure you are using a GENTLE cleanser and lotion twice a day. Also, I would look into getting some facials. Either at your local spa, or find a dermatologist who does them. I also think Microdermabrasion would really help your skin. This can also be done at a spa or through a dermatologist.

http://www.naturalnews.com/024613_milk_acne_blood.html

http://www.livestrong.com/article/265375-high-insulin-foods/

Good luck!