Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Help

MemberMember
(@whamthecaffe)

Posted : 10/23/2012 7:28 am

So, I've been taking accutane for 2 weeks so far and I've been getting flaky skin and dry lips. Nothing I can't handle, however is there anything I can do to help? I got told not to use a cleanser or do anything. I don't even use a honey mask anymore. Should I? Should I occasionally use an exfoliator or just ride it out?

MemberMember
(@inndem)

Posted : 10/23/2012 7:45 am

Exfoliating is a bad idea. Accutane messes with the way your skin heals. Aside from using a good moisturizer, you might want to get plenty of zinc and vitamin E. You can get lots of vitamin E by eating sunflower seeds or hazelnuts :) Supplementing your diet with taurine, vitamind d, and calcium isn't a bad idea, either. If weed is legal where you live, it might help with any skin related side effects, but it can also really dry out your eyes.

MemberMember
(@whamthecaffe)

Posted : 10/23/2012 8:29 am

Exfoliating is a bad idea. Accutane messes with the way your skin heals. Aside from using a good moisturizer, you might want to get plenty of zinc and vitamin E. You can get lots of vitamin E by eating sunflower seeds or hazelnuts smile.png Supplementing your diet with taurine, vitamind d, and calcium isn't a bad idea, either. If weed is legal where you live, it might help with any skin related side effects, but it can also really dry out your eyes.

Alright thanks, I'll be sure to look out for sunflower seeds and hazelnuts next time I'm out shopping, currently only got almond nuts lol. I take multi-vitamin pills at the moment but I'm not sure if they have taurine and calcium in so I can check and if not, get some foods which contain said supplements. Weed is not legal here, unfortunately.

MemberMember
(@inndem)

Posted : 10/23/2012 8:44 am

If your multivitamin has vitamin a (most brands do), it can not only make your side effects more pronounced, but it can actually make Accutane more toxic. I'd also avoid eating carrots, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, liver, spinach, and broccoli as they have a lot of vitamin a.

MemberMember
(@whamthecaffe)

Posted : 10/23/2012 9:19 am

If your multivitamin has vitamin a (most brands do), it can not only make your side effects more pronounced, but it can actually make Accutane more toxic. I'd also avoid eating carrots, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, liver, spinach, and broccoli as they have a lot of vitamin a.

Uh-oh, my multivitamins actually do, and I've been eating more carrots and broccoli since starting my course to try promote my health. Well, I guess I better stop.