Notifications
Clear all

Weird Breakouts Near End Of Course

MemberMember
(@pooratbest)

Posted : 10/23/2012 2:40 am

Please reply and let me know because i'm so worried;

As soon as i started on accutane my spots went, it was briliiant, for 5 months barely a thing but then this last couple i'm getting these weird lumps that come up, you scratch them and they go(leaving a nasty red mark of course!), no squeezing or anything in them so they're not like the spots i had before but I'm getting covered in them, is this old acne coming up or what? A lot of the areas affected are betweenmy cheeks and ears - an area I used ot get severe spots in about 10 years ago but rarely since.

Any advice would be great. sad.png

MemberMember
(@xxmarkesiaxx)

Posted : 10/23/2012 3:14 am

That thing happened to me during my first course of accutane, 11 years ago. The spots I was getting at the end were very weird (no more than a few though) and I was impressed that if I would gently scratch them they would disappear. It has been such a long time though, I cannot remember when exactly I stopped getting them but I can tell you that for the next 9 years my face had been flawless since... Sadly, lately the acne started creeping back so I am getting ready for a second course..

Do not worry, you will be clear..

MemberMember
(@pooratbest)

Posted : 10/23/2012 3:51 am

Thanks for the reply, I'mglad it's not just me! I'm embarrassed to say i'm near to tears with it. I thought i'd got away well with no initial breakout, it seems harsh that its happened towards the end of my course, i'm getting about 5 a week of them on average this last couple of months and it's very disheartening.

MemberMember
(@xxmarkesiaxx)

Posted : 10/24/2012 3:54 am

It's funny but this is the first time for me, as well, hearing that someone else had the weird pimples that you scratch them and go away. When I told my friends about them they would laugh. Anyway, the point is that since then I stayed clear for many many years so I really think there is nothing to worry about. In any case though, asking your derm will probably make you feel even better. I just put down my own experience! rolleyes.gif