Notifications
Clear all

Accutane - Life Changing...

MemberMember
(@undercoversketch)

Posted : 10/09/2012 8:07 pm

Hi all!

Right.. accutane - the big debate...

For me personally it has opened up alot of doors for me! I used to suffer from moderate - severe acne, and after years of the classic, quick fix but long strugle, that was antibiotics.. i finally got referred to the hospital for treatment using accutane!

I was on a high dose for around 5 months, and is by far (in my opinion) the best choice for acne sufferers!

I did suffer some side effects, some aches and pains, dry skin, hair, and very dry lips, but they have since passed away after being off the drug!

It has been almost 7 months since i have stopped using accutane, and lots of doors have opened for me with this new found/same as 4 years ago before acne, smooth skin! - confidence,- new jobs,- passed my a-levels,- went travelling (and continue to travel the world),- all together happier as a person!

For me, acne has been a very positive thing to my life, you may be thinking, how can it be a good thing?! but personally having had acne for 4 years and struggling through very low emotional times, acne has taught me alot about putting things into perspective, not judging people, not being selfish, and coming through the other side of it, thanks to accutane, has allowed me to be a better person towards others, and not the shallow child that i once was!

If you are considering leaping for accutane, of course it is a very harsh drug, and reacts differently to everyone, you should try out other treatments first as they may work for you, however for me accutane was the only thing that worked, and i have no regrets from it at all! its a life changing experience!

If you have any questions regarding accutane treatment, or with regards to any struggles you are facing due to acne, i would be happy to try and help the best i can!

MemberMember
(@elchacal123)

Posted : 10/09/2012 10:39 pm

In what month did you start seeing results? I am on day 19 80mg a day, have dry hands and skin getting dry and dryer, can't wait for my acne to ve gone.

MemberMember
(@undercoversketch)

Posted : 10/10/2012 6:20 am

Ok, well I'm not on Accutane, I'm using Dan's regimen. But I completely agree with acne being a good thing. I have realized that if I don't want others to judge me by my looks, I shouldn't judge others by theirs. I'm a lot friendlier than I used to be, and I have a lot more friends than before.

Great minds think alike.

Exactly! im glad you have had the same thought! i do think that its the experiences (often tougher ones) in life that build who we are as people, and mould us for the better! :)

In what month did you start seeing results? I am on day 19 80mg a day, have dry hands and skin getting dry and dryer, can't wait for my acne to ve gone.

I have to say that it took a good few months, into 2 or 3 months for my skin to look significantly better, but the dry hands and dry skin are both very normal side effects, and trust me they will pass, i even noticed the dry hands faded towards the end of my course too! keep moisturising! Also dont be disheartened if you get towards the end of your course and your skin isnt perfect, i still had spots ending my course, but after 1 month post-accutane my skin has been perfect since! other than the occasional spot that any teen would have!

Good luck! and i hope it works for you too!

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 10/13/2012 2:35 pm

I'm on my 3rd month of accutane and I'm almost clear now but I have all these red marks , when did your fade?

MemberMember
(@undercoversketch)

Posted : 10/30/2012 8:50 am

I'm on my 3rd month of accutane and I'm almost clear now but I have all these red marks , when did your fade?

Thats fab! im glad its working for you! Dont worry about those red marks too much, I remember having alot of red marks all over my face after i finished the course, however after a month or so, mine had faded, and are practically now all gone! Applying a sensitive moisturiser daily helped me alot to even out skin tone and fade those red marks! hope this helps :)

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 10/30/2012 9:50 am

Thats fab! im glad its working for you! Dont worry about those red marks too much, I remember having alot of red marks all over my face after i finished the course, however after a month or so, mine had faded, and are practically now all gone! Applying a sensitive moisturiser daily helped me alot to even out skin tone and fade those red marks! hope this helps smile.png

So good to hear they will fade fast after I'm off the drug , that helped a lot , thanks man!