Notifications
Clear all

Red Spots On Face After Acne Disappears?

MemberMember
(@battletoads)

Posted : 10/07/2012 12:52 pm

A little bit of background, I'm currently using an otc benzoyl peroxide cleanser to deal with acne (only started a few days ago so no progress yet) but the main problem I have is the dark red almost purple spots left over from previous acne. Are there any moisturizers or other products i can use to reduce the redness? I've heard about home remedies like lemon or turmeric to reduce redness but I'm not sure if I should be using that along with the benzoyl peroxide. I can upload photos if that helps but I'm currently on a mobile device.

Also, should I always be moisturizing after using benzoyl peroxide anyways?

Thanks in advance

MemberMember
(@robert_nl)

Posted : 10/07/2012 1:06 pm

You can try AHA to fade the red marks. But from my experience chances are that the red marks will never (completely) fade.

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 10/08/2012 6:54 am

You can try AHA to fade the red marks. But from my experience chances are that the red marks will never (completely) fade.

When the redness stays more than 1 year on your face , then it's called a scar(permanent) , I'm sorry you have a permanent pigmentation , but these are very rare cases so don't scare him off.

As you said AHA/BHA along with Retin-a can speed up the procces but I still think time is the best medicine for this.

MemberMember
(@jtyng)

Posted : 10/09/2012 4:10 pm

benzoyl peroxide makes ur marks last longer and will make them darker. DO NOT USE BENZOYL PEROXIDE. i've used it, and it made my marks darker. when i stopped, the marks leftover were either non-existent or faded quicker

EDIT: google it if you want