Notifications
Clear all

How Many Different Topicals Can I Apply?

MemberMember
(@green-tea-2)

Posted : 10/05/2012 5:55 pm

So recently I have stopped using BPO, because it was exacerbating my red marks and moved onto natural stuff. But there is so much I want to try. Basically, I need to fade away red marks, prevent breakouts and clear pores. Preferably all at the same time. Here is what I am using right now:

- Indian Healing clay masks with ACV (evening);

- Manuka honey UMF20 masks (during the day);

- Lemon juice (2-3 times a day for 15 minutes, want to try to leave it overnight);

- Green tea toner with some manuka oil (morning+evening);

And this is also what I want to add:

- ACV toner (1:1);

- Salicylic acid 1% (want to get 5%).

The problem is I don't know whether it is safe to mix so much topicals on my face and, second, I wonder what would be the most appropriate way to do it, since toners are meant to be left on and not washed away. Do I apply a new one every 3-4 hours or just one after another or just stick to few of them?

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 10/06/2012 9:27 am

I don't see a problem with adding those two things. But using a clay mask every evening will really dry your skin out in the long run. You need to add a moisturizer to your routine, if you are all natural, I recommend you look into different oils. Nut oils are my favourite and seem to be lightest on the skin, not leaving a greasy residue. I use walnut or almond oil [on my hair too] Dan recommends jojoba oil, but that is considerably more expensive, in my opinion anyway.

I mix a teaspoon of almond oil into my clay mask [i use the same brand as you] to combat the drying effect, but you could apply a few drops of it after you washed off the mask, you won't need a teaspoon then, probably only 1/4-1/2 of a teaspoon.

I'm not sure I would use the lemon and ACV toner at the same time. Maybe use ACV in the morning and lemon juice in the evening? Lemon juice contains citric acid, which is an alpha hydroxy acid or AHA for short, and it will make your skin more predictable to sun damage. So either wear sun cream if you put it on in the morning or put it on at night.

The salicylic acid you are getting, what form is that in? Is it a cleanser, toner or cream? Depending on what it is, you might need to change your routine.

The way I would do it is:

Morning:1. Manuka honey mask

2. Mix in the ACV into your green tea toner, and apply that, leave it on

Evening: 1.Clay mask

2. Lemon toner

3. Moisturize