Notifications
Clear all

Vanoxide Hc

MemberMember
(@sendmeangels)

Posted : 10/01/2012 10:53 pm

So, I am on week 10 of Retin-A-Micro and I am fed up with these spots. I had three inflamed pimples come up yesterday, and though they have nearly healed, they tend to leave red marks even after they have gone. If my spots continue to come at week 12, I will stop using the product. So far I don't like it much at all.

Until then, I have been given Vanoxide HC lotion that I am supposed to use once or twice daily. But because I have such a fear of another IB, I haven't used it yet, and I've had it for two months. I know that emotionally, I can't handle another IB. But I am struggling with the horrible PiH on my face as well and these new bumps are disheartening.

Has anyone used this product, and what should I expect from it?

I am currently on Spironolactone 100mg, would it be useful to increase the dosage? I am taking 65 mg of Zinc, is there another supplement I should be taking? Would a water fast do any good? I will try anything at this point.

I am just at my wit's end here with this nonsense, and I am depressed and humiliated that at 25, my face is covered in disgusting red marks. Any help would be appreciated.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/02/2012 12:40 am

Check out the progesterone thread linked in my sig.

Acne can have two hormonal components, low progesterone and high androgens. Spiro treats the high androgens but not the low progesterone.