Notifications
Clear all

What Am I Doing Wrong? Cant Figure This One Out..

MemberMember
(@sd3331)

Posted : 10/01/2012 7:36 am

I have had acne for about 4 years now...

Granted it was way worse when I was in high school, however the few that have stuck around have the characteristics in which I hate the most.

Male

Medication: Minocycline - 3 years

My acne is very easy to see coming. I can feel from inside my mouth the pockets where the pimples will be, because the pimples are few, but get to be a real big size. This is what I cannot stand about them. They only come in very particular areas, around my mouth, especially in the corners. They will get to be such a big size, and then after a week become a white head. Even when they are gone I can feel where they were it is like there is always that pocket of bacteria there...Although people would claim my acne is mild it affects me because it is around my mouth, and not only that but the size of them can be an issue. They come every 1.5-2 weeks. Sometimes I have long runs without them sometimes it get really bad.

The thing is I am so OCD with my skin i take more precautions then normal people do, and i feel as if my skin SHOULD be clear. I use proactive, and if i run out Acne Free. I Take cold showers. I hardly ever touch my face. I TRY to eat without spilling on my face, if i do i will shower. I eat very clean. I drink a lot of water, and only water. I could go on and on about the ways in which i try and prevent these from coming in but i am just wondering what type of acne this is and how should i go about getting rid of it.

A part of me may think its drool? from sleep? but i dont know this for sure my pillow never shows signs of it...

Like i said i get an average of 2 pimples. They are big. Only in the corners of my mouth in very certain areas. I can feel them all the time under my skin... but they do get a white head.

Any help?

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 10/01/2012 10:31 am

hmmmyour body might be getting used to your medication. Tell your doctor about this. I do not know what else it can be.sorry about that.

MemberMember
(@bimmy-jim)

Posted : 10/01/2012 6:10 pm

I have this kind of acne too.. I think..

I never get 'whiteheads' or small pimples.. I only get massive cysts in very low numbers - and like OP I can always tell when they're coming.. even a few days before redness appears. They hurt like a **** and it takes a week for a head to appear...

Is there a product I can use to prevent them from growing once I know where they'll be?

MemberMember
(@sd3331)

Posted : 10/01/2012 11:09 pm

Sometimes i dont get whiteheads but i typically do. Ive gotten my acne very well under control but the root of my OCD'ness has become that they get so red and are big and are right around my mouth.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 10/02/2012 1:13 am

How did you get your acne under control? Maybe try doing that to your mouth area?