Idgaf

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 09/30/2012 3:57 pm

Oil is not for your face. Period. No matter what supposed "noncomedogenic" oil I put on my face to either moisturize and/or remove makeup I keep getting these noninflammed zits that are haunting my complexion. Didn't start until I started using extra virgin olive oil and jojoba oil. This I know for certain.

I do use grape seed oil as a moisturizer instead of the Olay Complete for Sensitive Skin I was using prior. But since I started using it a week ago, my skin looks a lot better. So I think this is the only oil I will be using on my face. So I guess I should withdraw my previous statement and go ahead and change that to every oil is banned from my face besides grape seed oil.

Does anyone else feel the same way? Sort of like how Vitamin E oil clogs your pores I think most other oils do too.

My skin looks absolutely pitiful right now. I was on the right direction until I got these skin mites. I seriously have never been so depressed in my short, angsty life of 21 years. And I have had acne since the age of about 11. I hate everything. I wanna get on Spiro to see if it's hormone related.

MemberMember
(@murph89)

Posted : 09/30/2012 4:11 pm

Certain oils work for others, and others dont. Coconut oil works fine on my skin, but others break out from it. Jojoba works well on my skin, others break out from it. Every person it different. My skin seems to love natural oils. I have never had an issue with any natural oil.

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 09/30/2012 4:30 pm

Yeah it just seems like they're made out to be noncomedogenic for all skin types. Which is total bull. And luuuuucky I wish my skin weren't so freaking sensitive. Wearing makeup sure doesn't help matters but at this point I wouldn't step foot outside without any on.

When I do I literally frighten myself if I look into a mirror.

MemberMember
(@mammasay)

Posted : 09/30/2012 11:33 pm

Oil is not for your face. Period. No matter what supposed "noncomedogenic" oil I put on my face to either moisturize and/or remove makeup I keep getting these noninflammed zits that are haunting my complexion. Didn't start until I started using extra virgin olive oil and jojoba oil. This I know for certain.

I do use grape seed oil as a moisturizer instead of the Olay Complete for Sensitive Skin I was using prior. But since I started using it a week ago, my skin looks a lot better. So I think this is the only oil I will be using on my face. So I guess I should withdraw my previous statement and go ahead and change that to every oil is banned from my face besides grape seed oil.

Does anyone else feel the same way? Sort of like how Vitamin E oil clogs your pores I think most other oils do too.

My skin looks absolutely pitiful right now. I was on the right direction until I got these skin mites. I seriously have never been so depressed in my short, angsty life of 21 years. And I have had acne since the age of about 11. I hate everything. I wanna get on Spiro to see if it's hormone related.

Sorry to derail the thread (as I sit here with Coconut Oil on my face, though this is the first time I've used it so who knows) but I've been reading about mites all night and wondering if that's my problem too. How do you know that's what you have? And are you doing anything to treat them? I read about all kinds of crazy treatments, some I already did today, some I'll probably do soon and some I definitely will not do (drinking Borax? I never thought I'd find a line I wouldn't cross to cure my acne but I've found it!) All I can say is I feel your pain. I'm 26 and my skin is the worst it's ever been right now.

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 10/03/2012 7:43 pm

Aww I'm sorry, it sounds like you're at your wit's end too with this acne business. Let's fight this crap, seriously. First off, are you itchy? That is the number one question.

For me and mostly every other person who has mites, they know. Well, they know SOMETHING ain't right.

I am itchy as SDKJF983Q48Y2 everywhere. My skin erupted in giant zits and I feel crawling feelings at night.

I don't KNOW that that's what I have but there's really no other explanation. At the dermatologists they can do a skin scraping (you get bumps that itch like hell- that's what they scrape). They found none on me but that doesn't make it impossible for me to have.

Yes, I use tea tree oil in EVERYTHING. Wash my sheets CONSTANTLY. Bought 10% permethrin online and gonna put that shiz all over my house, body, and hell if it didn't kill me I'd drink it.

Also it seems to be "spreading" to my friends and it's giving me the willies! I feel scared for them and feel like this is never going to end. :C I hope it's all just some giant coincidence. :\