Notifications
Clear all

Is This A Face Moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 09/28/2012 8:01 pm

Vital Care enriched skin treatments Aloe Vera Anti-Aging moisturizing lotion. Works to reverse signs of aging. Softens and protects with collagen proteins, restores smooth, silky skin with vitamins A,D,E formulated with antioxidants and fights free radicals. That's all it says and I don't know if I should use it for my face any suggestions or input would be highly appreciated.

Ingredients: water,mineral oil,stearic

acid,propylene glycol,Ceteral alcohol,polysorbate 60, aloe barbadensis leaf juice,cetyl alcohol, hydrolyzed elastin, collagen amino acids, cholecalciferol, glycerin,tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palminate, corn oil, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, yellow 5 , yellow 6.

Sounds like a lot of scary shit.

MemberMember
(@maximus-decimus-merideous)

Posted : 09/29/2012 12:42 pm

You can also do some searches for the individual ingredients. For instance google "corn oil and acne" or something like that. Also, google "acne detective" and they have a huge list of ingredients that are good and bad for acne prone skin. Teach a man to fish, and he'll never go hungry again razz.gif

But yeah, don't use it, its no good. A lot of the ingredients are okay...but I know for a fact corn oil is bad, also I don't like any product with added colors or fragrances really.

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 10/01/2012 6:26 pm

You can also do some searches for the individual ingredients. For instance google "corn oil and acne" or something like that. Also, google "acne detective" and they have a huge list of ingredients that are good and bad for acne

prone skin. Teach a man to fish, and he'll

never go hungry again

http://www.acne.org/messageboard//public/st

yle_emoticons/default/razz.gif[/img

But yeah, don't use it, its no good. A lot of the

ingredients are okay...but I know for a fact corn

oil is bad, also I don't like any product with

added colors or fragrances really.

Cool site, preciate it.

MemberMember
(@maximus-decimus-merideous)

Posted : 10/02/2012 11:14 am

You can also do some searches for the individual ingredients. For instance google "corn oil and acne" or something like that. Also, google "acne detective" and they have a huge list of ingredients that are good and bad for acne

prone skin. Teach a man to fish, and he'll

never go hungry again

http://www.acne.org/...oard//public/st

yle_emoticons/default/razz.gif[/img

But yeah, don't use it, its no good. A lot of the

ingredients are okay...but I know for a fact corn

oil is bad, also I don't like any product with

added colors or fragrances really.

Cool site, preciate it.

NP. Spread the word! Now, where they got those ratings from is called a "rabbit ear assay". Some argue that you can't compare the inside of rabbit ears to human skin, and some argue there is a lot of transferability (if something clogs the inside of a rabbit ear, it will also clog human skin...because they are similar in structure).

From personal experience, that list is pretty right on. I wish it wasnt, because there are sooooo many products with shitty ingredients, but I guess that's just the way it is. Also important to note that not every pore clogging ingredient will clog "your" skin...everybody is different. That list is a great place to start though!

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 10/13/2012 12:48 pm

Well I've been using this product for about two weeks and I realize now that it's one of the best decisions I've ever made my acne scars are healing up with this moisturizer it's crazy.