Notifications
Clear all

Scar Cream?

MemberMember
(@notcleanandnotclear)

Posted : 09/27/2012 11:19 am

i'm not sure if i'm right here...

i got acne scars all over my forehead from when i had some pimples when i was 12. now i'm 25. i have tried different things to get rid of them, for example the co2 laser. but they are still very visible. i'm thinking about trying a scar cream, but i can't imagine that this could help. do any of you have experience with any creams for scars? on the internet i heard about "xeragel"...or maybe you got any other suggestions?

also, i'm using bp on my chin - i guess i can't get a laser treatment in that area while on bp, right?

thanks a lot!

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/05/2012 3:21 pm

i'm not sure if i'm right here...

i got acne scars all over my forehead from when i had some pimples when i was 12. now i'm 25. i have tried different things to get rid of them, for example the co2 laser. but they are still very visible. i'm thinking about trying a scar cream, but i can't imagine that this could help. do any of you have experience with any creams for scars? on the internet i heard about "xeragel"...or maybe you got any other suggestions?

also, i'm using bp on my chin - i guess i can't get a laser treatment in that area while on bp, right?

thanks a lot!

BP prolongs red marks and can make scarring worse, just FYI.

I have tried scar creams such as Mederma as well as pharmaceutical grade silicone patches for a number of months. They did absolutely nothing for my shallow indented scars.

I was also on retinoids for a number of years, but I can't say it's had a great effect on my worst scars.

You may just need more laser, or a different kind of laser.

MemberMember
(@notcleanandnotclear)

Posted : 10/08/2012 12:44 pm

thanks for answering. maybe i do need to try a different laser. i would have to stop the bp in the area where i want to get a laser treatment, am i right?

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/08/2012 4:43 pm

thanks for answering. maybe i do need to try a different laser. i would have to stop the bp in the area where i want to get a laser treatment, am i right?

It depends on who's doing your laser. Some practitioners tell you to stop all topicals. Some only tell you to stop acids and retinoids. If you want to be safe, sure, stop BP 2 weeks before treatment.