Notifications
Clear all

Can Someone Please Let Me Know Whats Going On With My Skin?

MemberMember
(@ellatica)

Posted : 09/20/2012 6:17 am

Ok so I started using a great product set last month that healed all of my cuts, evened out my skin tone, and put myself on the way to healing and clearing my acne.

About 2 weeks ago the cysts that were still under the skin started coming up in a way I haven't really experienced before. They came up very red and painfully but didn't act the same as the others.

Whats happening is that the skin over these legions just die and flake off, then it either occurs a few more times or if its small goes back to normal skin.

What's going on? are things getting better or worse? I'm sure I haven't had any new cysts but these are coming up hard and flaking off in a weird way. I'll be honest a few i've had to flake off myself because of how painful it was and that it felt like the skin was stopping the process.

Other acne/cysts have been coming to a head, something that never really happened before, and just disappear in a way, the head dries and flakes off and leaves a kind of red mark.

Can someone tell me whats going on :/

post-181483-0-99547600-1348929706_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@ellatica)

Posted : 09/26/2012 3:32 pm

So its been about a week... is there anyone on this website who knows what I might be going through? I feel like I'm the only one who isn't getting answered.

It's painful, looks are how I described almost resembling boils, and are basically scars or dead skin forming/dying on the top layer of my skin :(

I just want some advice on what to do, I've pretty well stopped using any medicated creme and just use moisturizers and let the skin peel off by itself unless its to painful then I do it myself.

Note: It's only skin under the dead skin/scabs, these aren't leading to any wounds. The painful ones, when the skin comes off, show a white head still under the skin.

Can anyone help me :(

MemberMember
(@mammasay)

Posted : 09/26/2012 11:25 pm

So its been about a week... is there anyone on this website who knows what I might be going through? I feel like I'm the only one who isn't getting answered.

It's painful, looks are how I described almost resembling boils, and are basically scars or dead skin forming/dying on the top layer of my skin sad.png

I just want some advice on what to do, I've pretty well stopped using any medicated creme and just use moisturizers and let the skin peel off by itself unless its to painful then I do it myself.

Note: It's only skin under the dead skin/scabs, these aren't leading to any wounds. The painful ones, when the skin comes off, show a white head still under the skin.

Can anyone help me sad.png

I'm sorry for what you're going through. I'm afraid I can't be of much help except that maybe something you are/were using is drying you too much? Or it could be just the weather depending where you are. Are you using a moisturizer? What you're describing actually sounds similar to what my skin is doing lately though. I get huge painful pimples that eventually come to a head which I can't help but extract, then it gets a dry patch over it (not quite a scab) and when that flakes off it's a whitehead again. Really frustrating.

MemberMember
(@ellatica)

Posted : 09/27/2012 5:40 am

My skin isn't dry at all though, it's probably the most balanced it's ever been since I started having acne.

Also, it's rare for a white head to show under the dead skin unless it was a really big one. Generally it just flakes off and theres nothing there anymore. The parts of my skin where this happened, after some time, don't have cysts anymore.

For this reason I'm hoping that this means once these are all done my skin will go back to normal, I just don't know. I have so many tiny bumps on my face I was always wondering where they would go or how they would come out and I think this is how.

All these bumps just seemed completely trapped under my skin to the point where layers of skin have to flake off before its exposed and disappears and I don't know what to do.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 09/28/2012 6:19 pm

I can't tell what you're talking about without a picture

MemberMember
(@ellatica)

Posted : 09/29/2012 9:41 am

its hard to see but if you look at the two nodes in the middle you can see a kind of dead skin lining around it.

The circle is there cause the skin over these nodes died and peeled itself away to reveal the nodes more. My skin was actually doing so well until these started popping up, now I feel like I'm back where I started minus the cuts/scabs everywhere.

And if people are gonna start debating if this is severe or not, it was MUCH worse, this is an improvement :(

post-181483-0-99547600-1348929706_thumb.

post-181483-0-99547600-1348929706_thumb.

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 09/29/2012 6:22 pm

Topical's won't cure Acne, it only temporarily hides it. I would start working on your issue internally instead of externally.

MemberMember
(@ellatica)

Posted : 09/29/2012 10:47 pm

Topical's won't cure Acne, it only temporarily hides it. I would start working on your issue internally instead of externally.

That wasn't my question..

I'm asking whats going on with my skin, like where am I in the process of healing? My acne improved to the point where I had no blemishes except for little cysts all over my face that I thought were clearing up. The acne marks started disappearing and my skin tone balanced out.

Then the cysts that were there started coming up aggressivley with a lot of skin peeling over them; my face isn't dry at all and is very balanced.

I'm haven't used any topicals since mid august. The ones I did use weren't medicated and were mostly vitamin serums which healed my skin.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 09/29/2012 11:00 pm

I'm asking whats going on with my skin, like where am I in the process of healing? My acne improved to the point where I had no blemishes except for little cysts all over my face that I thought were clearing up. The acne marks started disappearing and my skin tone balanced out.

Then the cysts that were there started coming up aggressivley with a lot of skin peeling over them; my face isn't dry at all and is very balanced.

I'm haven't used any topicals since mid august. The ones I did use weren't medicated and were mostly vitamin serums which healed my skin.

Honestly this is what my skin looks like when it is really dry, so I'm not sure how your skin could not be dry and look like that.

Have you heard of seborrheic dermatitis?

MemberMember
(@ellatica)

Posted : 09/30/2012 9:54 am

Honestly this is what my skin looks like when it is really dry, so I'm not sure how your skin could not be dry and look like that.

Have you heard of seborrheic dermatitis?

I'm not sure how to say this but my skin isn't dry, at least in comparison to when my skin is dry. The marks are peeling tho which may be why you would think that.

After reading another thread on here proposing an anti fungal cream as a remedy, I tried it out last night.

I'm actually believing this is going to work, after the 2 applications I've had the swelling has been dying down and any exposed white heads are just coming out, like when I washed my face they just came out and disappeared. I'm hoping this isn't temporary but if this is the type of infection I have then maybe this is what I need to speed up the healing process and control it.

I'll keep this updated and take pics soon.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 10/03/2012 2:20 am

which anti fungal cream did you use?

Also, did you try any harsh topicals on your face (i.e. benzoyl peroxide)?

MemberMember
(@adhpn7)

Posted : 10/03/2012 5:40 pm

I've had that same type of acne on my shoulders. It was really odd since it wasn't a scar, but it wasn't a pimple. I still have them, but with time they are getting better. Maybe they healed oddly? i'm not sure =( but your's will go away soon! and regarding dry skin, I don't have dry skin in the area I have my issue, so it might be just an odd healing process.

MemberMember
(@ellatica)

Posted : 10/05/2012 6:55 pm

which anti fungal cream did you use?

Also, did you try any harsh topicals on your face (i.e. benzoyl peroxide)?

Store brand, I can't remember off the top of my head but there are three common types and its the one that starts with a C, so its not tinactin or the one that starts with an m.

I've tried bp and haven't had much luck, also never used antibiotics even though my derm tried prescribing me accutane but I failed 2 of the blood tests because I temporarily fucked my liver, long story :P , but im fine now and decided I'll try and sort it out without medication.