Notifications
Clear all

What Your Acne Is Telling You?

MemberMember
(@slumber-doll)

Posted : 09/02/2012 12:10 am

195896_3570676428073_1301735119_n.jpg

What is your acne telling you?

1 & 2: Digestive System ” Eat less processed or junk food, reduce the amount of fat in your diet, step up water intake and opt for cooling things like cucumbers.

day and get adequate sleep so your liver can rest.

4 & 5: Kidneys ” Anything around the eyes (including dark circles) point to dehydration. Drink up!

7 & 8: Kidneys ” Again, drink up! And cut down on aerated drinks, coffee and alcohol as these will cause further dehydration.

Zone 9 & 10: Respiratory system ” Do you smoke? Have allergies? This is your problem area for both. If neither of these is the issue, don™t let your body overheat, eat more cooling foods, cut down on sugar and get more fresh air. Also keep the body more alkaline by avoiding foods that make the body acidic (meat, dairy, alcohol, caffeine, sugar) and adding more alkalizing foods like green veggies and wheatgrass juice. Another thing that most of forget “ dirty cell phones and pillow cases are two of the top acne culprits and this area is what they affect the most!

Zone 11 & 12: Hormones ” This is the signature zone for stress and hormonal changes. And while both are sometimes unavoidable, you can decrease their effect by getting adequate sleep, drinking enough water, eating leafy veggies and keeping skin scrupulously clean. Another interesting point: breakouts in this area indicate when you are ovulating (and on which side).

Zone 13: Stomach ” Step up the fibre intake, reduce the toxin overload and drink herbal teas to help with digestion.

So the next time you break out or notice dark under-eye circles, look to your face map: your skin is probably trying to communicate on behalf of the internal organs. However, do remember that, as with all medical issues, it is always best to see your doctor or dermotologist for a proper prognosis. This is just a general guide to head you off in the right investigative direction “ just becuase you break out between the brows doesn™t always mean you have a bad liver!

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 09/02/2012 10:46 pm

This "facial map" reminds me of phrenology which is classified as a pseudoscience by the way. This to me is just the same thing.

MemberMember
(@jordeyy)

Posted : 09/03/2012 6:29 am

i don't really agree with this. i eat plenty of greens, drink 3+ litres of water a day, regular exercise, and very little junk food. i also don't smoke or drink, have any allergies i know of, and have a fairly good immune system as i rarely get ill. despite this, i have closed comedones in pretty much every area listed on the 'map', with the highest concentration being in the 3,9, 10, 11,12 and 13 area. is there any science backing up this 'map'?

MemberMember
(@slumber-doll)

Posted : 09/06/2012 9:05 am

i don't really agree with this. i eat plenty of greens, drink 3+ litres of water a day, regular exercise, and very little junk food. i also don't smoke or drink, have any allergies i know of, and have a fairly good immune system as i rarely get ill. despite this, i have closed comedones in pretty much every area listed on the 'map', with the highest concentration being in the 3,9, 10, 11,12 and 13 area. is there any science backing up this 'map'?

honestly, i just copied it, from some blog i had red, but the good thing about it is that it keeps you on track, well as the last statement from it says, "This is just a general guide to head you off in the right investigative direction just because you break out between the brows doesnt always mean you have a bad liver." So as to your case, I know you have tried things, I am not really aware of, but acne really roots from a lot of things, maybe stress, hormonal, skin type, environment, but as you have said your diet sounds right, but for me, Im having a hard time ff. that kind of diet, but now I am trying not just to follow it, but also to increase my intake on food that is proven to help your skin like tomatoes, food rich in Vit. A & C, fibers, antioxidants like green tea. Well, it just hard to make it go away I've been suffering from it for more than 3 years i think, all i have to do is be patient in following some guidelines for skin care and hopefully be successful, hope you will too.

This "facial map" reminds me of phrenology which is classified as a pseudoscience by the way. This to me is just the same thing.

haha, i think so too, still haven't red infos that might support it, that i can share to you to backed it up, but the thing is, it kinda help me be consistent and really follow the diet, the facial map may not be factual but the causes & interventions would really help in promoting good skin.

MemberMember
(@auspicious)

Posted : 09/07/2012 5:16 am

umm do u have any scientific evidence to support this? lol i dont want to completely shun it because i try to be open minded but this is really funny

MemberMember
(@slumber-doll)

Posted : 09/07/2012 8:29 am

umm do u have any scientific evidence to support this? lol i dont want to completely shun it because i try to be open minded but this is really funny

i really don't have any, and i just copied it from some blog, may be its really pseudoscience., & yeah i think it is funny, but it really heads you off to the right direction especially on the diet.=))

MemberMember
(@jordeyy)

Posted : 09/08/2012 10:46 am

honestly, i just copied it, from some blog i had red, but the good thing about it is that it keeps you on track, well as the last statement from it says, "This is just a general guide to head you off in the right investigative direction just because you break out between the brows doesnt always mean you have a bad liver." So as to your case, I know you have tried things, I am not really aware of, but acne really roots from a lot of things, maybe stress, hormonal, skin type, environment, but as you have said your diet sounds right, but for me, Im having a hard time ff. that kind of diet, but now I am trying not just to follow it, but also to increase my intake on food that is proven to help your skin like tomatoes, food rich in Vit. A & C, fibers, antioxidants like green tea. Well, it just hard to make it go away I've been suffering from it for more than 3 years i think, all i have to do is be patient in following some guidelines for skin care and hopefully be successful, hope you will too.

haha, i think so too, still haven't red infos that might support it, that i can share to you to backed it up, but the thing is, it kinda help me be consistent and really follow the diet, the facial map may not be factual but the causes & interventions would really help in promoting good skin.

yeah i didn't mean to attack you if thats what it sounded like, just dont want people getting the wrong idea! for instance, if someone eats complete crap, smokes and drinks, and wonders why they have spots on their chin and nose, but no where else, they may look at this and think its just hormonal, or possibly a heart problem, where in reality its most likely poor lifestyle choices. i do agree about the spots on the chin/ jawline being mainly hormonal, as many guys have spots here, and on their back (another place where testosterone hs an effect) but are clear everywhere else.

MemberMember
(@ellinas)

Posted : 11/19/2012 1:54 am

Ahh the good old acne 'facemap'

http://www.skinacea.com/acne/acne-face-map.html#.UKnXP-R_6jo

MemberMember
(@shelby-rockella-mansour)

Posted : 03/04/2013 1:49 pm

Every face map I see is different. Regardless, it's good to be healthy! So at least the face map gives advice on diet, exercise, and making healthy choices. Sadly, I think the whole face mapping thing isn't really accurate when it comes to acne.

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 03/10/2013 9:38 pm

Good God my right Ovary must be doing quite the job then because I always get big cystic pimples on the right side of my jawline and chin close to my period (never on the left side then). I wonder if that means the left Ovary isn't nearly as fertile as the right?

I never get pimples on my forhead unless I'm sick with a cold or a flu (for some reason) and they're usually quite small - nothing like the ones on my jawline.