Notifications
Clear all

My Pics Before And After Accutane!

MemberMember
(@chestercool)

Posted : 08/12/2012 11:23 pm

Hi everybody, i ended my accutane course 1 month ago, I'll give you some tips, and info about it:

The good

- My body is clear, right now, i dont have any pimple anywhere

- I look better hahaha

- my face is not oily anymore, my nose is slightly oily after 1 month tough

- I have the pleasure of eating again!!

- PIH is finally fading!!

- My lips were just dried, not craked

The bad

- I got a rare secondary effect: Hypopigmentation. It's not that bad, but its still present

- During the treatment, on the third month, i got "Impetigo", its an skin infection, caused by accutane dryness of course

- My vision is not as good as before

- Initial breakout, my acne was mild, so was the IB (9 zits at the same time was the maxium)

- Moderate skin peeling and dry skin

As you see, there are more good's than bad's

BEFORE THE TREATMENT ( it was after a damn breakout, that's why i decided to take it )

dsc02826u.th.jpg

dsc02824w.th.jpg

dsc02823k.th.jpg

dsc02819rx.th.jpg

Its like, i feel so bad when i see this pics, i cant believe i felt that sad, i lose many things because of my lack of confidence those days: My girlfriend (that was a good thing to loose hahaha), social life, love for life and adventures. Just look at my face. Even my facial hair was discusting, because i had to shave with a 2-blade razor to prevent ingrown facial hair.

After

I have not only cleared up my skin, i look more confident, more alive, i look better in general, i've grown a beard, which i care about, i havent shave in 2 days though hahaha

dsc03060b.th.jpg

dsc03059ye.th.jpg

dsc03058l.th.jpg

Also, im taking care of my diet too, but im eating rice again, popcorn, low-sugar chocolate,etc. i go out sometimes, i avoid white and refined sugars as much as possible. However, on weekends i always drink an energy drink (sugar free if possible) when i have an important exam i drink them too, some alcohol (5 cups as maxium) . Im still taking 1 pill of high quality omega 3, and i'll take 50 mg zinc again aswell. Today i started to use Adapalene in order to maintain my clear skin. In my case, i party every weekend, my old healthy lifestyle is nothing compared to before, but its the price i gotta pay to be a male social being.

Im counscius, and i said it many times, a healthy lifestyle is the key to get a clear skin. Avoid grains, refined sugars, soy, food allergies, so exercise and sleep well. I took accutane mostly because i wasnt happy with that current lifestyle, just look at my face on the previous pictures before treatment. I couldnt eat a hamburger with my friends, i coudnt drink any alcohol and sleep late. Humans are social beings, we need to interact with other people in order to get laid or whatever and satisfy our instincts. Anyways, i wont talk about it here. I'll make "man thread" in the near future, it will be about confidence, fashion, pick up, etc. The things i learned after i realized i wasnt happy at all. I cried 3 times per day for a month after i broke out with my ex gf, plus i was on the accutane initial break out. But guess what? i stood up, stronger than ever, even stronger when i was acne free.

Thanks for reading, and good luck

ps: i took around 115 mg/mg in total, i weight 64 kg

First month: 15 days ---> 30 mg

15 days ---> 40 mg

Second month '' '' ---> 50 mg

'' ''---> 60 mg

third month '' ''---> 60 mg

fourth month'' '' ---> 60 mg

The last 15 days---> 60 mg

MemberMember
(@james9)

Posted : 08/12/2012 11:48 pm

Wow, that may be the mildest acne anyone has ever used accutane for haha congrats man. Looks like the accutane worked great. :)

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 08/13/2012 1:35 am

Accutane effect might be temporary if you keep on jerking off along with poor diet.

MemberMember
(@whatthekell)

Posted : 08/13/2012 6:32 am

Accutane effect might be temporary if you keep on jerking off along with poor diet.

ridiculous

MemberMember
(@chestercool)

Posted : 08/13/2012 5:23 pm

Wow, that may be the mildest acne anyone has ever used accutane for haha congrats man. Looks like the accutane worked great. smile.png

haha i know man, the good thing is that in Bolivia derms are not god at all, mine said my acne was cystic and was moderate. However, i had always known it was mild. Anyways, i used to get big pustules and a prolongd PIH, so im happy i did it :D

MemberMember
(@murph89)

Posted : 08/13/2012 8:13 pm

Omg shut up with this crap

MemberMember
(@youngforever)

Posted : 11/05/2013 8:30 am

Wow congrats on such a successful experience! Yeah your acne before tane wasn't bad at all. That gives me hope, I have mild-moderate with a few cysts around my chin every so often. I just started 20 mg yesterday so I hope I don't get a bad IB! You said yours was only 9 pimples at once? I'd take that any day as my IB haha but congrats :) any helpful tips for me being a newbie would be great!