Notifications
Clear all

Neurofibromatosis, You Thought Acne Was Bad?

MemberMember
(@hiimmatt)

Posted : 08/04/2012 12:24 am

A little inspirational video for you to watch.

I watched this and couldn't believe this condition, even though I have horrible scarring all over my body, It can't compare to this.

Look at how she lives and smiles? We should follow in her foots steps. Dont let red spots on our face or body stop us, because neurofibromatosis didn't stop this lady.

I want to give her and gentle hug :).

MemberMember
(@murph89)

Posted : 08/04/2012 1:51 am

wow. wow. Unreal and amazing at the same time.

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 08/04/2012 7:00 pm

She's an inspiration. I admire how courageous she is. Very strong woman (mind, body, and soul) right here.

MemberMember
(@snsdgirl14)

Posted : 08/04/2012 8:08 pm

People like this always inspire me. I freak out over the littlest thing on my skin yet she goes on living life to the fullest everyday. And to think that most of our problems are temporary....hers are for life, and she still doesn't let it get her down.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 08/05/2012 7:36 am

Amazing video! Thanks for posting. The discovery channel also showcased a man in Indonesia with the same condition. He was known as 'The Bubble Man'. It puts things in perspective doesn't it.

MemberMember
(@mjri94)

Posted : 08/05/2012 3:02 pm

God damn...

Amazing video! Thanks for posting. The discovery channel also showcased a man in Indonesia with the same condition. He was known as 'The Bubble Man'. It puts things in perspective doesn't it.

Absolutely, I couldn't imagine living with that for a week never mind years and years... you have to be a strong person to persevere through that.

MemberMember
(@samiman)

Posted : 08/07/2012 10:09 am

it's so sad, so many problems these days. May God help us.

MemberMember
(@rodallega)

Posted : 08/07/2012 11:07 am

It must have been incredibly difficult for her since she was born good looking and lived that way for many years.

My case is similar.I was naturally born attractive and just dont know any better.U are used to getting attention from beautiful girls anytime u move to a new school/go on holiday or whatever.When thats taken away and u are then considered "ugly" its v hard to take. Im still trying to accept this but recently have been looking at old pictures of myself and old girlfriends.i do not recommend this as it just makes u way more depressed reminiscing about the past

MemberMember
(@foreverunited88)

Posted : 08/07/2012 11:54 am

This puts into perspective how bad trivial, cureable problems like acne really are.

MemberMember
(@rentedname)

Posted : 09/22/2012 2:25 am

This puts into perspective how bad trivial, cureable problems like acne really are.

you compare yourself to the majority, not the outliers. as long as the majority of people have clear skin, acne is not going to be a "trivial" problem for most people.

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 10/13/2012 4:06 pm

NF-1 is a fairly common condition, actually. Even I've seen / know a couple of people who have it. It's caused by a genetic mutation, so that it runs in families and every child has a 50% chance of inheriting it, if the parent has it. Most live a normal life, get married, have children etc. The more severe cases may have more trouble in life, however. It's progressive, so it's usually fairly mild in childhood and young adulthood, getting worse as you get older.

Yes, there are worse things than acne and acne scars. There are also worse things than neurofibromatosis.