Notifications
Clear all

Anger Management Issues?

MemberMember
(@unacceptedrealist)

Posted : 07/24/2012 8:29 pm

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced a decreased ability to control their emotions?

Personally, since the onset of my acne/scars, I have noticed that I react differently to certain situations than I used to and I am worried it may get out of hand.

Feel free to leave any advice you have,

Thanks

MemberMember
(@snsdgirl14)

Posted : 07/24/2012 8:43 pm

Yes definitely. Only not as much with anger....more like sadness with me. It's EXTREMELY easy for anyone around me to tell that I'm feeling sad or down, so add in skin problems and I'm like an open book. I'll usually kind of isolate myself, like not talk that much or not want to do things. And since I'm usually a fairly bubbly person, people think it's odd and can tell something's wrong with me. And people don't want to hang around a sad person for too long, so it's just negative for me.

I really wanna be one of those people that can smile and enjoy life despite some imperfections. I really do. And I'm trying hard to be that.

For anger, though, that might be more serious since it can seriously affect your life and relationships. I would consider talking to someone....like a therapist or a trusted family member. Talking about my problems almost always makes me feel better, as does venting. It's no good to keep all the feelings you feel bottled up inside because then they'll explode at any random moment.

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 07/25/2012 12:59 am

When it comes to my acne, especially when alone, I notice it's mostly sadness and melancholy that I feel. But a few years ago when my skin was really bad, I remember whenever I'd go to work and I was having a bad skin day I'd be so quick to just go into rages. I remember cursing out a coworker for no good reason at all once just because I was pissed about my skin. So yeah, anger/frustration is a common occurrence for me when my skin is being especially annoying.

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 12/11/2012 5:21 pm

All my life I have bottled up my anger until it overfilled, everytime something bad happens. I used to be able to control it with football, weights, punching bag but lately I seem to have no control over it. I'm scared that one day I'm goin to do something really bad. I can feel my blood boiling and I can't control it, how do you get help for this I already tried therapy.

MemberMember
(@lapis-lazuli)

Posted : 12/11/2012 6:39 pm

I'm scared that one day I'm goin to do something really bad.

Like what?

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 12/11/2012 8:21 pm

yeah... i used to browse this forum and reply to a lot of posts, but now im getting more frustrated at how much people complain :/ i mean im sorry if i offend everyone i know it sucks, i have acne too... but really??? so now i try not to reply since i might say something too harsh, i dont even know anymore -_-

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 12/14/2012 5:36 am

yeah... i used to browse this forum and reply to a lot of posts, but now im getting more frustrated at how much people complain :/ i mean im sorry if i offend everyone i know it sucks, i have acne too... but really??? so now i try not to reply since i might say something too harsh, i dont even know anymore -_-

Have to agree.

Yeah it does suck but there is a distinct lack of people willing to actually fix themselves and do something about it.

Too many complain, very few actually listen to what is being said from people who have been through the trenches with it.

I still have acne but you know what I JUST DONT CARE ANYMORE!!!!! lol

Life is there to be enjoyed. So what, i have red marks and scars on my face. It's not like i can't walk or have a terminal illness.

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 12/14/2012 4:00 pm

Have to agree.

Yeah it does suck but there is a distinct lack of people willing to actually fix themselves and do something about it.

Too many complain, very few actually listen to what is being said from people who have been through the trenches with it.

Life is there to be enjoyed. So what, i have red marks and scars on my face. It's not like i can't walk or have a terminal illness.

omg THANK YOU, its fine to feel bad about acne, its just when someone mopes around without trying to do anything about it that drives me crazy

same, i stopped caring, i think a lot of people wont admit that snapping your fingers and having perfect skin isnt an option

i mean would you rather have people see you as someone who has acne but is actually really cool/funny/nice/whatever or someone who has acne and talks about nothing else

MemberMember
(@unacceptedrealist)

Posted : 12/15/2012 2:58 pm

Have to agree.

omg THANK YOU, its fine to feel bad about acne, its just when someone mopes around without trying to do anything about it that drives me crazy

same, i stopped caring, i think a lot of people wont admit that snapping your fingers and having perfect skin isnt an option

i mean would you rather have people see you as someone who has acne but is actually really cool/funny/nice/whatever or someone who has acne and talks about nothing else

To the above three posters:

I think you were off the mark on this one.

First of all, this thread was purely seeking advice; it was not a diatribe against acne itself or a rant on how socially debilitating acne can become. None of you had much to offer in the form of relevant advice; if anything, you took a demeaning "so what" approach.

Secondly, you all speak about acne as if you "know" exactly what others are experiencing. For instance, this quote: "i have acne too... but really???." Now, I know it easy to assume all acne is similar to your own, but, in reality, acne is extremely varied and personal experience is not always applicable.

Thirdly, I think it is extremely disrespectful to imply that I (Or anyone else.) just sit around complaining. I have tried everything, within financial reason, to improve my situation. And it is likely others have as well.

So, I would greatly appreciate if you kept your irrelevant and opinionated statements out of my threads.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@mjri94)

Posted : 12/15/2012 7:41 pm

Weird. Skin is doing okay I suppose, mood is all over the place though. Feel a lot of anxiety and sadness in the night but in the morning I feel fine, during the day its a mix... don't really know whats going on...

Edit: posted this in wrong thread but I suppose its sorta relevant?

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 12/17/2012 4:39 am

Have to agree.

To the above three posters:

I think you were off the mark on this one.

First of all, this thread was purely seeking advice; it was not a diatribe against acne itself or a rant on how socially debilitating acne can become. None of you had much to offer in the form of relevant advice; if anything, you took a demeaning "so what" approach.

Secondly, you all speak about acne as if you "know" exactly what others are experiencing. For instance, this quote: "i have acne too... but really???." Now, I know it easy to assume all acne is similar to your own, but, in reality, acne is extremely varied and personal experience is not always applicable.

Thirdly, I think it is extremely disrespectful to imply that I (Or anyone else.) just sit around complaining. I have tried everything, within financial reason, to improve my situation. And it is likely others have as well.

So, I would greatly appreciate if you kept your irrelevant and opinionated statements out of my threads.

Thanks

I disagree. I take a no BS approach on here, the same way i take it with people i have help coach on here in the past. I also frequent these threads often and give my opinion or advice. What i say is not in a demeaning way at all, it is to the point and factual.

You're right but i never made a statement to contrary.

However out of the thousands of threads i have on here in the last 10 years a lot of them bare striking resemblance to each other and follow very similar patterns.

So you're right some cases of acne or highly individual but in my experience (not just through my acne but speaking to hundreds of people) but a lot are very similar indeed.

You may well have tried everything financially to improve your acne but as i have said MANY times in MANY different threads acne has to be thought mentally more than it does physically. My whole point is learning to accept it is there and quite likely to be there your whole life.

What annoys me is that people come here seeking advice but very few listen to what is being said and continue to say they don't know what to do. I understand the nature of that beast and telling people what the WANT to hear is not the answer. In fact a verbal cold splash of water it is what is needed.

Fact is. If you post a thread then one has to accept that some of the responses won't be what we want to hear. That is the nature of a forum, opinions, ideas and factual advice. We agree, disagree but if people don't like the truth then they shouldn't post in a thread.

I have had so good debates over the years on here, at times out right wars but thats what we have to accept might happen every time someone puts a post up.

It is relevant, you just so happen not to agree with it.

MemberMember
(@unacceptedrealist)

Posted : 12/17/2012 7:32 pm

You may well have tried everything financially to improve your acne but as i have said MANY times in MANY different threads acne has to be thought mentally more than it does physically. My whole point is learning to accept it is there and quite likely to be there your whole life.

What annoys me is that people come here seeking advice but very few listen to what is being said and continue to say they don't know what to do. I understand the nature of that beast and telling people what the WANT to hear is not the answer. In fact a verbal cold splash of water it is what is needed.

Fact is. If you post a thread then one has to accept that some of the responses won't be what we want to hear. That is the nature of a forum, opinions, ideas and factual advice. We agree, disagree but if people don't like the truth then they shouldn't post in a thread.

I have had so good debates over the years on here, at times out right wars but thats what we have to accept might happen every time someone puts a post up.

What exactly am I suppose to agree with? Accepting acne? No thanks.

Listen to yourself:

First, ( In your first response.) you say that:

Then, you say:

My whole point is learning to accept it is there and quite likely to be there your whole life.

If my acne is going to be there my whole life, how am I suppose to fix myself?

Have you ever thought that, perhaps, the reason people are confused is because individuals like yourself clutter the message board with subjective drivel?

And if you really did "understand the nature of the beast," you would realize that, for the vast majority, acne is not incurable. The difficult part of curing acne is that the same treatment rarely works for different people. Hence, people can have seemingly identicle acne, but require completely different treatment approaches-- This is why sucessful regimens are so varied.

Thus, I would caution against assuming your experince applies to other people, even if "their acne looks the same."

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 12/18/2012 3:37 am

Listen to yourself:

First, ( In your first response.) you say that:

Then, you say:

My whole point is learning to accept it is there and quite likely to be there your whole life.

If my acne is going to be there my whole life, how am I suppose to fix myself?

Have you ever thought that, perhaps, the reason people are confused is because individuals like yourself clutter the message board with subjective drivel?

And if you really did "understand the nature of the beast," you would realize that, for the vast majority, acne is not incurable. The difficult part of curing acne is that the same treatment rarely works for different people. Hence, people can have seemingly identicle acne, but require completely different treatment approaches-- This is why sucessful regimens are so varied.

Thus, I would caution against assuming your experince applies to other people, even if "their acne looks the same."

Then stay the way you are. You already said you have tried everything financially to stop your acne.

Then you say

the vast majority, acne is not incurable

That being the case surely you would have cured yours by now, seeing that financially you have tried everything possible? Fact is, there is no cure and the reason is because we all get acne for different reasons or from different triggers.

Have you ever thought that you are in denial?

I have acne since i was 13. I am now 28. I have acne almost 16 years. In that time i have gone through the depression, the self loathing, not leaving my house, isolating myself away from the world. I was just existing, i wasn't living. It got to the point i hated what i had become. The only to break out of that was to accept that acne is apart of who i am. Once i done that and started living in the REAL world i got better and started living.

I still have acne but i no longer sit here with self loathing or feeling sorry for myself. My point to everyone on here is that if you have "tried everything" than you have been doing is obviously isn't working and it is time to try something else. Also so many i know from my 10 years on here, they got clear and there were still depressed after having clear skin.

The fact is acne is mentally debilitating and telling people what they want to hear isn't the answer. Giving them tools to learn how to fix themselves and learning to live with the their condition is a better way to go. I am sorry you can't see that you are obviously quite angry. I can only hope you open you eyes to different possibilities and different ways of thinking.

I'll ask you this. If you lost your arm. Would you sit there feeling sorry yourself or just get on with it? If you only had 6 months left to live you sit there feeling sorry for yourself or make every day count? Life is for living, not to sit there and worry about the social indoctrination of that we have to be perfect. This attitude is thrust upon us every which way we turn. Acne has to be treated the same way, is there and right now you can't do anything about it so you might as just accept you have and live your life the best way you can.

Thus, I would caution against assuming your experince applies to other people

When i talk about "experience" i am talking about dealing with the emotional and mental problems which is where acne must also be combated. Hardly anyone looks at the mental issues. The mental scars go a lot deeper than the physical, correct me if i am wrong the name of this thread is Anger management issues which i believe is an emotional and mental problem.

MemberMember
(@unacceptedrealist)

Posted : 12/18/2012 10:08 pm

That being the case surely you would have cured yours by now, seeing that financially you have tried everything possible? Fact is, there is no cure and the reason is because we all get acne for different reasons or from different triggers.

Let me explain, if someone says the "majority" that implies that--although most will be curable--some will not be.

Also, I agree that "there is no cure" in the general sense; however, that does not mean acne is incurable. Complicated, eh?

Hopefully you can comprehend this:

Because the causes of acne are so varied, the successful treatment methods are as well. Hence, there will be multiple "cures"-- these often include: Accutane, diet changes, topicals etc.

I have acne since i was 13. I am now 28. I have acne almost 16 years. In that time i have gone through the depression, the self loathing, not leaving my house, isolating myself away from the world. I was just existing, i wasn't living. It got to the point i hated what i had become. The only to break out of that was to accept that acne is apart of who i am. Once i done that and started living in the REAL world i got better and started living.

I still have acne but i no longer sit here with self loathing or feeling sorry for myself. My point to everyone on here is that if you have "tried everything" than you have been doing is obviously isn't working and it is time to try something else. Also so many i know from my 10 years on here, they got clear and there were still depressed after having clear skin.

The fact is acne is mentally debilitating and telling people what they want to hear isn't the answer. Giving them tools to learn how to fix themselves and learning to live with the their condition is a better way to go. I am sorry you can't see that you are obviously quite angry. I can only hope you open you eyes to different possibilities and different ways of thinking.

I'll ask you this. If you lost your arm. Would you sit there feeling sorry yourself or just get on with it? If you only had 6 months left to live you sit there feeling sorry for yourself or make every day count? Life is for living, not to sit there and worry about the social indoctrination of that we have to be perfect. This attitude is thrust upon us every which way we turn. Acne has to be treated the same way, is there and right now you can't do anything about it so you might as just accept you have and live your life the best way you can.

Wait...what? What am I denying?

You stated: "I am sorry you can't see that you are obviously quite angry."

That's WHY I made this thread! Did you even read the original post?

Furthermore, I completely agree that acne can become mentally/ socially debilitating and that telling people "what they want to hear" is not the answer. However, as I already stated, acne is treatable for most; therefore, I do not view it as something that I must learn to live with-- I will continue to seek out a treatment(s) that work for my acne. Giving up on/ accepting acne is never the best option; and by recommending people do just that, you are doing this forum a great disservice.

When i talk about "experience" i am talking about dealing with the emotional and mental problems which is where acne must also be combated. Hardly anyone looks at the mental issues. The mental scars go a lot deeper than the physical, correct me if i am wrong the name of this thread is Anger management issues which i believe is an emotional and mental problem.

Yet again, I disagree.

For the majority (Remember the above definition.), emotional issues are a by-product of acne-- not the cause. Hence, it would be wiser to attempt to treat the main culprit, acne. By merely treating the subsequent emotional distress, you are exerting precious time/ effort and not getting any closer to eliminating the cause of the aforementioned emotional distress.

However, very little (If any) of this is relevant to the original goal of this thread; so, I see no point in continuing to educate you.

If you have any more queries, feel free to contact me personally.

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 12/19/2012 3:58 am

Let me explain, if someone says the "majority" that implies that--although most will be curable--some will not be.

Also, I agree that "there is no cure" in the general sense; however, that does not mean acne is incurable. Complicated, eh?

Hopefully you can comprehend this:

Because the causes of acne are so varied, the successful treatment methods are as well. Hence, there will be multiple "cures"-- these often include: Accutane, diet changes, topicals etc.

Wait...what? What am I denying?

You stated: "I am sorry you can't see that you are obviously quite angry."

That's WHY I made this thread! Did you even read the original post?

Furthermore, I completely agree that acne can become mentally/ socially debilitating and that telling people "what they want to hear" is not the answer. However, as I already stated, acne is treatable for most; therefore, I do not view it as something that I must learn to live with-- I will continue to seek out a treatment(s) that work for my acne. Giving up on/ accepting acne is never the best option; and by recommending people do just that, you are doing this forum a great disservice.

Yet again, I disagree.

For the majority (Remember the above definition.), emotional issues are a by-product of acne-- not the cause. Hence, it would be wiser to attempt to treat the main culprit, acne. By merely treating the subsequent emotional distress, you are exerting precious time/ effort and not getting any closer to eliminating the cause of the aforementioned emotional distress.

However, very little (If any) of this is relevant to the original goal of this thread; so, I see no point in continuing to educate you.

If you have any more queries, feel free to contact me personally.

We'll just have to agree to disagree as this could go on for a while.

I think you misunderstand when i say about accepting it.

Accepting it doesn't mean giving up. It simply means it is there and without a cure won't go away. Ongoing treatment yes, cure no. Therefore it's not going away unless the said person grows out of it or a cure is found.

I do feel you need to open your mind to different ways of thinking. Yes i did read your original post and everyone since then, hence why i responded because i have been through that angry stage myself. However nothing good will come of it and you will need to find a way to deal with that if your to function the way you want to function.

I apologise if my responses seem blunt or unsympathetic but nothing could be further from the truth. I just speak directly without the BS