Notifications
Clear all

Found A Doctor That Treats Acne Scars With Stem Cells From Your Bone Marrow

MemberMember
(@blueflowers)

Posted : 06/15/2012 3:14 pm

This sounds very promising to me. I sent an email with a few questions and about pricing. On the website it says from 5,000 to 17,000 dollars saywhat.gif

Here's his website

[removed]

Thoughts??

MemberMember
(@lzomg)

Posted : 06/15/2012 3:25 pm

honestly it is impossible for anyone to really give recommendations on stem cells and acne scars.

Since there is really not that much information on the subject. I would just play it safe with getting multiple CO2 lasers.

5-17k sounds like a huge investment especailly if it doenst pay off.

MemberMember
(@tricia)

Posted : 06/15/2012 3:53 pm

I think the guy is using stem cells as a marketing ploy. I copied this from realself where other doctors basically agree:

Stem cells

If a Doctor tells you he/she is extracting stem cells, or injectind stem cells, or doing stem cell rejuvenation or stem cell face lift, then that Doctor is being untrueful.

It is true that fat cells contain many stem cells, but we are unable to seperate these stem cells. Only highly specialized labs, One in Italy , one in Japan are seperating what they think are stem cells.

In our offices and hospitals we are unable to seperate stem cells.

People are using the word stem cells to attract patients, sell a procedureand should be reported to the ethics committee, or to their superiors for false advertising and "SCAMS"

Stem cells have a great future in medicine and in plastic surgery, we are not there yet.

Be very carefull choosing such "doctors"

image002-WinCE-39271.jpg

Samir Shureih, MD

Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

I think the idea that stem cells are getting into the tiny holes from the dot procedure is sketchy. They have a hard enough time trying to get it to take when the add the PRP to the the fat transfers. Also on the website he says you will likely need three procedures of the smartxide dot for acne scars. Well after three procedures how would you know that the results weren't just from the laser and that the bone marrow cells helped? You wouldn't know, but he would have up to $15000 for tricking you? Maybe if there were independent clinical studies stating that there was enhanced healing from the bone marrow stem cells he would have a case to make.

MemberMember
(@fruitbiscuits)

Posted : 06/15/2012 3:56 pm

I totally agree with Tricia!

MemberMember
(@maikelnait)

Posted : 08/31/2015 4:14 am

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25041112