Notifications
Clear all

I Cured My Acne Holistically, So Can You!

MemberMember
(@kutenaigirl)

Posted : 06/12/2012 1:05 am

I have struggled with moderate acne for th past 5 years. It was horrible as most of you know. I tried everything and got no where. I always knew you could cure your acne holistically, but I just didn't know where to start. This past Christmas I decided that I had had enough. I vowed to be clear by summer.

So am I clear? Almost! My acne is now fairly mild, but I still stuggle with the odd break out. But overall, I feel better than ever. I feel happy and like I no longer need to hide my face.

And a huge bonus?! I am healthier than I have ever been. I discovered I am passionate about holistic health and would like to pursue a career in it.

Curing your acne is no quick fix, but it is the most rewarding. We all have the potentially to have clear and radiant skin. You can do it! You just need a little help.

I started a blog about health. Please come check it out and hear my story. And find your path to a healthier, happier you! And a you with clear skin!

I only wish I had some before pictures, just so you guys can really see how much progress I have made. Oh well.

Mod edit 1/22/15

Much love guys! And good luck! You can do it!

post-163884-0-70099500-1339481060_thumb.

MemberMember
(@daftfrost)

Posted : 06/13/2012 7:43 pm

I cured mine too.

Although, I've been eating so much crappy food lately. (Ice Cream, Mc Donalds, pastas)

I only got just one pimple todday. I was expecting more but wow, from all that crap I've been eating my face isn't much oily like it used to. Looks like drinking Kefir, supplementing with Total EFA, and healing my gut really paid off.

Now now, curing acne marks, and actually eating even more healthier food is what I should be doing.

MemberMember
(@lilo)

Posted : 06/14/2012 10:40 am

How did you heal your gut exactly? Diet or supplements?

MemberMember
(@kutenaigirl)

Posted : 06/14/2012 11:15 pm

Daftfrost - so glad you were able to cure your acne! Doing it the holistically is definitely the most rewarding and long lasting!
And don't beat yourself up if you fall off the wagon! It's ok to cheat sometimes, and it will not set you back at square one! Good luck and keep me updated! I love success stories!

Lilo - a combination of both would be great! The most important thing is diet! You need to stop irritating your gut with bad foods first and foremost. Cut out processed foods. Emphasize whole and organic foods. Stop buying conventional meat products. Buy anti-biotic free and hormone free meat if you can find it! This is so important!
Start taking a probiotic supplement. Splurge and buy a good one. Find one with lots of strains of bacteria and lots in general!
Start eating fermented foods like kefir, yogurt, kombucha and sauerkraut.
Start supplementing with cod liver oil and L-glutamine.
Start taking HCL Betaine if you have low stomach acid

And most of all be patient. These things take time. But you just need to push through.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I have done a lot of research on this topic. Good Luck!
Mod edit 1/22/15

MemberMember
(@lilo)

Posted : 06/16/2012 1:12 am

Can you please give a break-down of your typical diet? Did you have to eliminate all grains? Because I don't want to go that route again due to constipation issues.

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 01/22/2015 5:14 pm

I cured mine too.

Although, I've been eating so much crappy food lately. (Ice Cream, Mc Donalds, pastas)

Daftfrost - so glad you were able to cure your acne! Doing it the holistically is definitely the most rewarding and long lasting! Be sure to check out my blog if you have a chance! www.crazyhappyhealthy.com

And don't beat yourself up if you fall off the wagon! It's ok to cheat sometimes, and it will not set you back at square one! Good luck and keep me updated! I love success stories!

Lilo - a combination of both would be great! The most important thing is diet! You need to stop irritating your gut with bad foods first and foremost. Cut out processed foods. Emphasize whole and organic foods. Stop buying conventional meat products. Buy anti-biotic free and hormone free meat if you can find it! This is so important!

Start taking a probiotic supplement. Splurge and buy a good one. Find one with lots of strains of bacteria and lots in general!

Start eating fermented foods like kefir, yogurt, kombucha and sauerkraut.

So, after your guts were fully healed, both of you are now able to eat shit food every once in a while with no worries?

Can you please give a break-down of your typical diet? Did you have to eliminate all grains? Because I don't want to go that route again due to constipation issues.

I would suggest a food sensitivity test if you think your gut is the problem. Your body will tell you what you should be eating.

MemberMember
(@misterb)

Posted : 01/22/2015 10:04 pm

I've had constipation issues, too. So far what's helped me the most are digestive enzymes, betaine hcl, the soil-based probiotic Prescript Assist, and magnesium citrate (sometimes in higher doses to soften the stool). Adding fermented foods such as sauerkraut or kimchi regularly into your meals helps a lot of people as well, and it's not expensive, but I have an unresolved histamine intolerance so I don't eat fermented foods lately. Gotta get those good bacteria in there. They're more important than fiber for having good bowel movements.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/25/2015 7:59 pm

I would suggest a food sensitivity test if you think your gut is the problem. Your body will tell you what you should be eating.

Is this the same as a food allergy test? I was supposed to be tested for food allergies last summer but the allergist talked me out of it. He said that the tests were so prone to inaccuracies that unless I was breaking out in hives after eating something it wouldn't be of much value. Instead, he had recommended consuming only lamb and rice for a period of two weeks and then slowly reintroducing food back into my diet so as to try and isolate which foods, if any, were aggravating me. Food insensitivities and allergen can be the result of leaky gut syndrome though.