Notifications
Clear all

Back From Subcision/dermapen/tca Cross & Prp

MemberMember
(@justmeuk)

Posted : 05/25/2012 1:38 pm

I had this performed yesterday and i'm now 24 hours post procedure. I have moderate to severe rolling and boxcar scars. The swelling is obviously pretty bad but bruising seems to be minimal so far. I found the whole thing excruciatingly painful and i thought i was going to pass out at times but all the pain will be worth it if i can get even a mild improvement.

I read today that you are not supposed to take anti-inflammatories after PRP and i took a couple of diclofenac and a couple of ibuprofen on the day for a migraine. I wasn't told to avoid anti-inflammatories or anything like that so i'm hoping what i've done won't really effect it. Does anyone know if i have completely messed it up or just lessened the effects?

I have to go back in three months time for another round of treatment so i am really hoping that i will see some improvement between now and then. I have had a dermaroller treatment 8 weeks ago but other than that i haven't done anything else to my skin so this is really the start of my journey.

MemberMember
(@oopli)

Posted : 05/25/2012 6:11 pm

sounds like a good combo of treatments. I dont think taking ibuprofen will have any bad effects. good luck.

MemberMember
(@pumpkin21)

Posted : 05/26/2012 11:02 am

where did you get the treatment done?

MemberMember
(@justmeuk)

Posted : 05/27/2012 7:01 am

where did you get the treatment done?

I had them done in London by Dr Chu.

MemberMember
(@zante)

Posted : 05/27/2012 10:32 am

I've been given a letter of referral to go and see Dr Chu at the Hammersmith hospital. Could you describe the session, did he make sure you understood everything beforehand, did you have a consultation prior to treatment?

Did you get this done privately or on the NHS?

MemberMember
(@justmeuk)

Posted : 05/27/2012 5:19 pm

I've been given a letter of referral to go and see Dr Chu at the Hammersmith hospital. Could you describe the session, did he make sure you understood everything beforehand, did you have a consultation prior to treatment?

I had it done privately as my doctor refused to refer me on the NHS. I had the consultation and treatment on the same day as i travelled a long way. I did phone his secretary first though and tell her that i would like to do this so they were aware of it and could book extra appointment time if necessary. At the consultation he had a look at my scars and explained what type i had and then told me how he treats them, he then asked if i would like to go ahead. He is very likeable and comes across as very calm and caring.

MemberMember
(@zante)

Posted : 05/27/2012 5:28 pm

justmeuk, thanks very much for this. I look forward to meeting him.

MemberMember
(@pumpkin21)

Posted : 05/28/2012 11:30 am

I had it done privately as my doctor refused to refer me on the NHS. I had the consultation and treatment on the same day as i travelled a long way. I did phone his secretary first though and tell her that i would like to do this so they were aware of it and could book extra appointment time if necessary. At the consultation he had a look at my scars and explained what type i had and then told me how he treats them, he then asked if i would like to go ahead. He is very likeable and comes across as very calm and caring.

Agree, he has to be the best in UK if not Europe! 100% ethical and skilled.

When you went private how did you go about it? Did you need a letter from doctor still or just call up his secretary? What was the waiting time roughly for appointment and finally do you mind saying what sort of price the treatment cost on private?

I am on NHS but wait for each appointment is now 6 months plus on top of this they restrict how many people can see DR chu in person ie if you are having dermaroller then you do not see him.

Thinking private is best to go as i know come July he is reducing his clinic times

MemberMember
(@zante)

Posted : 05/28/2012 12:15 pm

When you went private how did you go about it? Did you need a letter from doctor still or just call up his secretary? What was the waiting time roughly for appointment and finally do you mind saying what sort of price the treatment cost on private?

I am on NHS but wait for each appointment is now 6 months plus on top of this they restrict how many people can see DR chu in person ie if you are having dermaroller then you do not see him.

Thinking private is best to go as i know come July he is reducing his clinic times

I think you're right, I've gone through Bupa for this, referral was upon my request.

MemberMember
(@justmeuk)

Posted : 05/28/2012 4:32 pm

I had to get a letter from my doctor first which i faxed to his secretary. I didn't hear anything for a couple of weeks, then i rang up and i got given an appointment for 3 and a half months time. I don't know if i can post costs on a public forum but they are very reasonable in my opinion. Can i ask how long have you been seeing him for and what treatments/results you've had?

MemberMember
(@pumpkin21)

Posted : 05/29/2012 2:52 am

I had to get a letter from my doctor first which i faxed to his secretary. I didn't hear anything for a couple of weeks, then i rang up and i got given an appointment for 3 and a half months time. I don't know if i can post costs on a public forum but they are very reasonable in my opinion. Can i ask how long have you been seeing him for and what treatments/results you've had?

Yes that is understandable, if you could PM me the costs that would be great could discuss there

I think you're right, I've gone through Bupa for this, referral was upon my request.

What was the procedure via Bupa, take it you mean via Bupa private insurance?

MemberMember
(@zante)

Posted : 05/29/2012 3:37 am

Yes that is understandable, if you could PM me the costs that would be great could discuss there

What was the procedure via Bupa, take it you mean via Bupa private insurance?

Yes, I am a Bupa member. I simply asked to be referred to Dr Tony Chu and it was done after paying for a full health assessment. I've come down to 70kg from 100kg, so I managed to justify it as part of my psychological self improvement.

MemberMember
(@pumpkin21)

Posted : 05/31/2012 10:17 am

thanks will look into this

MemberMember
(@coppedsynergy999)

Posted : 06/01/2012 1:54 pm

So hows it going? Was the subcision more traumatizing that you imgained? Is it a risky procedure? Hows the needle wounds heal?

MemberMember
(@justmeuk)

Posted : 06/03/2012 8:21 am

So hows it going? Was the subcision more traumatizing that you imgained? Is it a risky procedure? Hows the needle wounds heal?

Well all the swelling and bruising has now gone down and i'd say i've seen about 30% improvement in the rolling scars so far. It's pretty hard to get an accurate assessment as my face is still covered in scabs from the TCA cross which is making it appear smoother as the scabs are flush with the skin. I guess once they fall off i'll get a better overall picture.

The subcision itself was less traumatising then i thought it would be, i was barely aware that he was doing it to be honest as i felt pretty woozy from everything else that i had done. It certainly wasn't painful, i found the injections to be the most painful part. The needle wounds seem to have healed fine and i can't feel any lumps at all. I am pretty happy so far and i am hoping that i will see more results over the coming weeks. I'm due to go back in 3-4 months time and i will probably have the same combo of treatments again.

MemberMember
(@samui)

Posted : 03/07/2013 5:31 am

Hi JustMeUk

I was wondering if you'd care to post an update on how your treatment has gone?

MemberMember
(@justmeuk)

Posted : 03/08/2013 11:00 am

Hi JustMeUk

Unfortunately i didn't get the results i wanted. I had a few treatments but it just didn't make any difference to my rolling scars. The only thing that did help somewhat was the TCA cross. The TCA filled in nearly all of my pits to the extent that i know longer look like i have holes in my face but little dips instead. Whether or not this looks better i don't really know as from a distance it just looks like even more rolling scars. So i'd say more scars look different but not necessarily better. Just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean it won't work for others though and i know some people get really good results from needling. I don't know why i didn't.

I'm now going to try C02 laser and i'm booked in to have that done shortly.

MemberMember
(@anthonytong)

Posted : 08/18/2013 1:03 am

Hi JustMeUk

Unfortunately i didn't get the results i wanted. I had a few treatments but it just didn't make any difference to my rolling scars. The only thing that did help somewhat was the TCA cross. The TCA filled in nearly all of my pits to the extent that i know longer look like i have holes in my face but little dips instead. Whether or not this looks better i don't really know as from a distance it just looks like even more rolling scars. So i'd say more scars look different but not necessarily better. Just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean it won't work for others though and i know some people get really good results from needling. I don't know why i didn't.

Hi. I was wondering did dr chu dermaroll and tca cross your ice pick scars in the same session?

MemberMember
(@justmeuk)

Posted : 08/23/2013 10:07 am

Hi JustMeUk

Hi. I was wondering did dr chu dermaroll and tca cross your ice pick scars in the same session?

Yes he did the dermapen first, followed by the tca cross and then subcision.