Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am seriously cracking so much on this round of Tane. Any thoughts on how long this will take to subside...I have 2 more months to go.

Thanks!

Edited by SavedByGrace1

I honestly have no idea what the hell you mean by "crackeling"... That might be why no one answered.

Do you mean joints or back cracking?

I honestly have no idea what the hell you mean by "crackeling"... That might be why no one answered.

Do you mean joints or back cracking?

Good Call. Yes that is what I mean. All of my joints pop and crack...in wierd places like my ankel and my foot and my knees

Mine have been doing that. Mostly my back and sometimes my knees.

I guess it just comes with the territory. I'm pretty tired of back pain, lol.

It probably won't go away until the Accutane is out of our systems.

SavedByGrace1, I just posted a new topic about this before finding yours. I've only been on accutane for a week and am only taking 20mg a day, but today I have noticed my joints clicking and cracking loudly every time I move. This is definitely not normal for me. Have you had this problem right from the start of your course?

Ive always been a clicker and that has not increased, however I have some pretty prenounced heel, foot , joint pain type stuff, and only in my feet. Kind of runs up the outter side of my heels

Accutane is known to cause tendonitis, Arthritis & bone loss, spurs and bone overgrowth. They are all listed side effects. It can also lower Vit D so maybe try some Vit d. It may go away after your course and then again it may not. If it did minor damage to the joints it may not be a factor till later down the road.

It's a gamble. Good Luck,

If you have lower back pain try crunches.

SavedByGrace1, I just posted a new topic about this before finding yours. I've only been on accutane for a week and am only taking 20mg a day, but today I have noticed my joints clicking and cracking loudly every time I move. This is definitely not normal for me. Have you had this problem right from the start of your course?

The louder clicking didn't happen until later in my course. I have, however, always been able to crack my knees.

I just finished my last and 5th month on Tane' and I intend to post when I notice things stopping.

The louder clicking didn't happen until later in my course. I have, however, always been able to crack my knees.

I just finished my last and 5th month on Tane' and I intend to post when I notice things stopping.

So it may have exuberate your already existing conditon. Try Vit D & if you haven't already some chondroitin glucosamine!

My recommendation: stop taking it. It's been 14 years and the pain and cracking has stayed with me. I didn't know it was Accutane to blame until a couple years ago. Sucks because my acne wasn't that bad, I just had a GP in my town who just liked to prescribe this stuff.