Notifications
Clear all

Need Advice & Treatment!

MemberMember
(@acowles)

Posted : 04/12/2012 8:59 pm

my skin has been so crappy this year.

i used to get just normal sized pimples like 3-4 on my face.

but since i started using the clarisonic(which ive stopped) and randomly in the beginning of january i have them all over!

on my forehead, cheeks, chin, temples i have small red bumps/pimples everywhere! on my forehead there are many skin colored ones.

what the heck! how do i treat these. :(

MemberMember
(@jake-the-snake)

Posted : 04/12/2012 9:27 pm

I use Clean & clear persa gel-10 max treatment for my face. I have light acne(about 8 pimples currently) and it works pretty fast. It just dries you skin a little so just dab it on the pimple instead of covering the spot with a layer of it. You can get this product at a store that has a bath and body section. I bet you will see changes in about two days or less. Hope this helps and good luck!

MemberMember
(@acowles)

Posted : 04/12/2012 9:31 pm

I'm not really looking for a spot treatment. i have clean n clear 10% BP gel for big spots, but i dont use it much. i've been using diluted tea tree oil on the spots.

MemberMember
(@bobdill)

Posted : 04/12/2012 11:59 pm

Tea tree oil did nothing but waste my time and money to be honest.. Try the new products from Neutrogena, called "all-in-one" for past present and future, they seem to be working pretty well, and don't forget to moisturize after every wash! As for spot treatments, I tried this stuff called bye bye blemish drying lotion, and I kid you freaking not you put it on at night and the next morning their gone! it doesn't always work on every pimple or bigger ones, but no joke it works very well. Only place I could find it was at drugs stores, like walgreens, CVS, etc, I do recommend it and don't believe it's that expensive. It works wayyyy better then tea tree oil and it works over night. I know normally things promise to work overnight and don't, but this one will work on at least some, sometimes you get unlucky with others, idk why but that's just how it is. Also, if you do use it, it has a pretty bad smell to it :P

MemberMember
(@macqwerty)

Posted : 04/13/2012 8:17 am

Use BP 2.5%. People. The regime works!!!!!

MemberMember
(@daftfrost)

Posted : 04/13/2012 3:20 pm

Yea thats what i realized, topical treatments eventually worsen the condition of the skin. Making it more oil receptive I guess so you breakout even more. I just quit using them, healing internally or even oral is a better choice.

MemberMember
(@akaao)

Posted : 04/13/2012 3:26 pm

TIPS FOR OPEN PORES , ACNE SCARS, BLACKHEADS N OIL-CONTROL ON FACE:

Make a sandalwood paste with rose water and apply .Keep it overnight and wash it with cold water the next day. If you find that your skin becomes dry in the morning, leave the paste only for a few hours on your face or you may try adding some milk while making paste.

Rub ice cubes on the face for 10-15 minutes. It will tighten the pores.

Apply cucumber juice on the face. Wash it off after 15 minutes to tighten the pores.

Cut a tomato in half and rub on the skin. Leave on for fifteen minutes. Wash it off with water. This will reduce open pores and blackheads

and do you use any hair product?if u do dont use them they will help a lot in clearing ur acne

MemberMember
(@thebean)

Posted : 11/29/2016 8:50 am

The Clarisonic exfoliates skin. It's possible that you were using a brush head that was too strong for your skin, using it too frequently, or being too aggressive with it, or some combination of the above. Over-exfoliation causes damage that results in acne. I would revert back to what you were doing before and in the meantime try to keep the treatments to a minimum. Over-use can make your skin dependent on them and get you caught in a cycle. Once your skin heals, try making small changes to your routine to see if it helps. If you normally only have 3 or 4 zits at a time, that is very mild. You may only need to add (or take away) something once a week to make the improvement you are looking for.