Notifications
Clear all

I've Been Eating Lots Of Bananas Since I Eat 100% Raw

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 04/03/2012 1:43 pm

Since I increased the intake of banans, I started to breakout a lot on forehead and some on cheeks.. Wondering if that could be it. The only way to find out if to eat less like I used to and see what happens. One of my vegan friend said to eat 15 bananas a day to gain weight, so I listened to her.. ha ha.

I've been eating that many. I am going to decrease that and eat 4 bananas a day (just on smoothies) That's the only thing that I changed.

Hoping that was the problem to get clear.. forehead is getting bad. I wonder if this happened to anyone? I'm going focus eating more veggies and leafy green. Gonna go easy on fruits for a while, but I will eat more fats for energy. I never had problem with high fats. ^^

MemberMember
(@cervantes86)

Posted : 04/03/2012 2:30 pm

bananas have a high gi index compared to other foods. were you clear being vegan though??

MemberMember
(@mistertibbs)

Posted : 04/03/2012 4:13 pm

There is a lot of sugar in bananas, sugar is known to cause breakouts. Also there is a lot of potassium in bananas, you can overdose by eating too many.

MemberMember
(@daftfrost)

Posted : 04/03/2012 9:15 pm

Banana is actually a really good detoxifier, maybe it could be pushing out all body toxins? or maybe you could be breaking out from previous diet.

Bananas also lower blood sugar, Yup.. So I am guessing its actually suppose to help you.

Theres this herb that I tried before, which is called dandelin, I was drinking way too much and actually started breaking out more. Wondered what the problem was, and checked that it rises blood sugar when its low and lowers it when its high. I had too less blood sugar so it kept on rising it.

The herb itself is actually amazing, alot of people cured their acne with it. It simply detoxifies your body.

MemberMember
(@tweaker123)

Posted : 04/04/2012 9:41 am

switch to a paleo diet(high fat). acne will be gone. vegan is a joke.

MemberMember
(@chunkylard)

Posted : 04/04/2012 10:49 am

30BAD is stupid and not natural. There's a reason it's called BAD. :P

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 04/04/2012 11:19 am

Lol, It is actually safe to eat over 15+ bananas a day, and yes, chunky, I am not a fan of them. They're too skinny.. especially Durian.. lol no muscle at all.

I am a vegan because I care about animals. That's the main reason why I went vegan. Yes, when I switched to vegan, I was clear. When I went 100% raw, I started to break out. High fats worked for me, so I am going to go back at it. ^^;;

bananas have a high gi index compared to other foods. were you clear being vegan though??

MemberMember
(@hutchdan)

Posted : 06/09/2012 4:13 am

This is like reading my thoughts 3 weeks ago.

You are so wrong.

Why is fat a problem?

it adds bile for further hormone production

it allows for toxins to enter your system through the intestinal tract membrane

it raises insulin resistance when paired with any other sweet food, causing mad blood sugar swings

slows down mineral transportation

sits in your stomach (exercise was way more difficult)

The GI of fruit is almost irrelevant, your blood sugar levels will not spike due to the fiber content. It will be absorbed by your cells if you cause to spike, Which is supposed to be very hard to do on the vegan diet. Your body is perfectly adapted to fruit. It's easy and quick to digest, is alkalizing and is soft on your intestines.

I know this because i was on a high fat diet and although i was clear, i still had a few spots. I also had vitamin deficiencies. I used to break out because i had the occasional apple for vitamin C. I've still got acne now but my new vegan like diet is very healthy and the horizons are looking much brighter.

I tried the high fat diet and it failed me,

MemberMember
(@arqa22)

Posted : 06/09/2012 6:03 am

is your skin oily?

MemberMember
(@user142279)

Posted : 06/09/2012 10:12 am

What fats do you have in your diet Eddie? Coconut and olive oil? Have you considered algae oil for your EPA/DHA? How do you feel about bivalves?

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 06/09/2012 4:24 pm

is your skin oily?

It used to! My skin is now normal which I am glad. I've been trying different things on my skin and finally found something that works. I am clearing up a lot now.

My forehead is 99% clear, I only have 1 pimple that is dried and redness faded a lot since I've been applying aloe vera (fresh).

What fats do you have in your diet Eddie? Coconut and olive oil? Have you considered algae oil for your EPA/DHA? How do you feel about bivalves?

I get my EPA/DHA from Chia seeds, hemp seeds, raw hemp protein powder with sprouted flax seeds and maca.

I decided to cut down cashews for a while, I did that and my skin is getting better.. but I hope cashew isn't giving me problems :(.. I do eat a lot of it so maybe if I eat less, I will be alright. I get my healthy fats from avocados, raw almonds, raw walnut butter, EVOO (only a little bit on salads) and I sometimes take 2-3 tbsp of coconut oil.

MemberMember
(@daftfrost)

Posted : 06/10/2012 11:49 am

is your skin oily?

It used to! My skin is now normal which I am glad. I've been trying different things on my skin and finally found something that works. I am clearing up a lot now.

My forehead is 99% clear, I only have 1 pimple that is dried and redness faded a lot since I've been applying aloe vera (fresh).

I get my EPA/DHA from Chia seeds, hemp seeds, raw hemp protein powder with sprouted flax seeds and maca.

I decided to cut down cashews for a while, I did that and my skin is getting better.. but I hope cashew isn't giving me problems sad.png.. I do eat a lot of it so maybe if I eat less, I will be alright. I get my healthy fats from avocados, raw almonds, raw walnut butter, EVOO (only a little bit on salads) and I sometimes take 2-3 tbsp of coconut oil.

Wow so, did bananas really affect yours then?

Also did your blackheads also clear up?

My blackheads on my nose are gone.

I just take the Total EFA Omega 3 6 9 supplement. 1 Tsp a day.

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 06/10/2012 6:42 pm

is your skin oily?

I decided to cut down cashews for a while, I did that and my skin is getting better.. but I hope cashew isn't giving me problems sad.png.. I do eat a lot of it so maybe if I eat less, I will be alright. I get my healthy fats from avocados, raw almonds, raw walnut butter, EVOO (only a little bit on salads) and I sometimes take 2-3 tbsp of coconut oil.

I used to eat a lot of it, but now I eat less which I don't have problem.

All my blackheads are gone! Thank god! I don't breakout on forehead. I used to get this ugly pimple, it was terrible.

I should have taken a picture, but never did. All the redness faded a lot. Aloe vera (fresh) helped a lot.

MemberMember
(@daftfrost)

Posted : 06/10/2012 9:06 pm

is your skin oily?

All my blackheads are gone! Thank god! I don't breakout on forehead. I used to get this ugly pimple, it was terrible.

I should have taken a picture, but never did. All the redness faded a lot. Aloe vera (fresh) helped a lot.

I see, are you applyin the aloe Vera GEL or the juice? When I apply the juice I feel little bit of stinging feeling, or kind of irritating feeling but its very mild. How does it feel on your skin? I guess I should still apply them then.

MemberMember
(@max-2)

Posted : 07/18/2012 4:16 am

I was clear for a while until I began to eat banana and orange. I am unsure which of these fruits was the cause so I just stopped eating them altogether.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 07/18/2012 5:24 am

Since I increased the intake of banans, I started to breakout a lot on forehead and some on cheeks.. Wondering if that could be it. The only way to find out if to eat less like I used to and see what happens. One of my vegan friend said to eat 15 bananas a day to gain weight, so I listened to her.. ha ha.

I've been eating that many. I am going to decrease that and eat 4 bananas a day (just on smoothies) That's the only thing that I changed.

Hoping that was the problem to get clear.. forehead is getting bad. I wonder if this happened to anyone? I'm going focus eating more veggies and leafy green. Gonna go easy on fruits for a while, but I will eat more fats for energy. I never had problem with high fats. ^^

Banana is heating and will not help ur acne. Have more cooling fruits apple, pear, melons and cleansing fruits pine apple, papaya, grapes, plums etc. Raw food is hard to digest and will weaken ur digestion power plus full of bacteria/pesticides. U will also have serious B-vitamin deficiency. Have healthy cooked food, mixed vegetable juice, homemade goat milk kefir if not organic cow milk. Will clear ur acne right away.

MemberMember
(@arqa22)

Posted : 07/18/2012 7:00 am

use saw plametto already!!!!

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 07/18/2012 8:29 am

is your skin oily?

I see, are you applyin the aloe Vera GEL or the juice? When I apply the juice I feel little bit of stinging feeling, or kind of irritating feeling but its very mild. How does it feel on your skin? I guess I should still apply them then.

sry for the late respond! I apply the aloe vera gel from plants since it is pure and better. I apply it like twice daily. I might start applying once a day 'cause I saw it dries your skin. I don't want my skin to product too much oil.. I do breakout when my skin is oily.

use saw plametto already!!!!

If it is natural, I will use it. :) I doubt it is. :)

MemberMember
(@arqa22)

Posted : 07/18/2012 9:02 am

its 100% natural

MemberMember
(@hutchdan)

Posted : 10/30/2012 11:29 am

This is like reading my thoughts 3 weeks ago.

You are so wrong.

Why is fat a problem?

it adds bile for further hormone production

it allows for toxins to enter your system through the intestinal tract membrane

it raises insulin resistance when paired with any other sweet food, causing mad blood sugar swings

slows down mineral transportation

sits in your stomach (exercise was way more difficult)

The GI of fruit is almost irrelevant, your blood sugar levels will not spike due to the fiber content. It will be absorbed by your cells if you cause to spike, Which is supposed to be very hard to do on the vegan diet. Your body is perfectly adapted to fruit. It's easy and quick to digest, is alkalizing and is soft on your intestines.

I know this because i was on a high fat diet and although i was clear, i still had a few spots. I also had vitamin deficiencies. I used to break out because i had the occasional apple for vitamin C. I've still got acne now but my new vegan like diet is very healthy and the horizons are looking much brighter.

I tried the high fat diet and it failed me,

Forgive me people i was ignorant and a mongoloid. Bro science at its best.

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 10/30/2012 11:56 am

Sorry you but your vegan friend gave you bad advice.

15 bananas a day? Seeing that the average one has 30grams of carbs of which are sugars that is 450grams of sugary carbs a day.

Dude even on my very high carb days i only go up to 300 grams a day but they are complex carbs.

Just for general health reasons this is all wrong. Tell your friend she is dyer need of a nutritional education.

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 10/30/2012 12:49 pm

Sorry you but your vegan friend gave you bad advice.

15 bananas a day? Seeing that the average one has 30grams of carbs of which are sugars that is 450grams of sugary carbs a day.

Dude even on my very high carb days i only go up to 300 grams a day but they are complex carbs.

Just for general health reasons this is all wrong. Tell your friend she is dyer need of a nutritional education.

I can't wait to take nutrition! I actually want to become a registered dietitian. She does know a lot because she read a lot of books. I do agree that eating a lot of bananas isn't good for some people 'cause of natural sugars. I do think it is OK to eat that many for those who don't have problems.

Bananas are very good for you smile.png I will have to do more research about it, so I can't say yet =\

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 10/30/2012 1:47 pm

Tell that to your pancreas after it burns out from producing so much insulin to break down the sugar.

I don't question the nutritional vaule of bananas but 15 a day is WAY too much sugar.

You want to nutrition? Look up Scott Baptie and follow him on Facebook. For me best nutritionist I've come acrossed and had the pleasure to work with.

MemberMember
(@verdnase)

Posted : 10/30/2012 4:56 pm

I agree that 15 bananas a day is excessive. Adult men should consume around 240 to 300 grams of carbohydrates a day, mostly in the form of whole and unprocessed with a low glycemic load. I usually comsume 1-2 bananas a day, usually one in the morning and one later on in the day, but i get carbohydrates from a variety of foods.

Going on a completely raw vegan diet can be dangerous, as most plant food is best cooked, however, eating both raw and cooked is the best way to go.

For e.g. tomatoes have the Antioxidant lycopene, which gives tomatoes their red colour, and the longer you cook them, the better they become. Broccoli(as well as other cruciferous vegetables)if steamed for 5 mins to barley tender, hardly loses any of its antioxidants, but inactivates natural chemicals called goitrogens that can interfere with thyroid hormone synthesis, but it's only a problem if you consume large qualitys of raw cruciferous vegetables.

I care for animals as well, but i personally would never become a vegetarian or vegan. It may sound good, but not everyone has the body to suit that lifestyle, but eating mostly plant foods is definitely the way to go, and is definitely not "bland or boring" as most people would usually think and this is where good cooking comes in.

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 10/30/2012 5:30 pm

I agree that 15 bananas a day is excessive. Adult men should consume around 240 to 300 grams of carbohydrates a day, mostly in the form of whole and unprocessed with a low glycemic load. I usually comsume 1-2 bananas a day, usually one in the morning and one later on in the day, but i get carbohydrates from a variety of foods.

Going on a completely raw vegan diet can be dangerous, as most plant food is best cooked, however, eating both raw and cooked is the best way to go.

For e.g. tomatoes have the Antioxidant lycopene, which gives tomatoes their red colour, and the longer you cook them, the better they become. Broccoli(as well as other cruciferous vegetables)if steamed for 5 mins to barley tender, hardly loses any of its antioxidants, but inactivates natural chemicals called goitrogens that can interfere with thyroid hormone synthesis, but it's only a problem if you consume large qualitys of raw cruciferous vegetables.

I care for animals as well, but i personally would never become a vegetarian or vegan. It may sound good, but not everyone has the body to suit that lifestyle, but eating mostly plant foods is definitely the way to go, and is definitely not "bland or boring" as most people would usually think and this is where good cooking comes in.

I know what you are getting at but according to whom?

Everyone is different. The amount would depend on weight, physical activity, insulin sensitivity

Also a day? Even if the goal is to lose weight? I would argue it would be a lot less. I would only suggest the average male eat 300grams a day if the goal was to gain muscle. But as i say it is hugely dependent on the measurements of the said male and existing body composition.