Notifications
Clear all

Raw Honey Mask! My First Night! As I Type! Help!

MemberMember
(@alexandramartin)

Posted : 01/10/2012 2:29 am

I would love to hear your tips. Manuka or raw? Worked for you or doesn't? What else you are doing? Any bc pills? Topicals? Diets? Or any home remedies! I am new to this site and new to having acne...I have cyst and now little tiny bumps all over since starting trinessa bc pills! I'm thinking of stopping..I'm almost done with my second pack.

Any feed back as to what worked for you is awesome! I have a couple responses to my first thread that helped. More the merrier!

Thank you

MemberMember
(@samsamsamsamsam)

Posted : 01/10/2012 5:11 am

I use Manuka, Apple Cider Vinegar, Tea Tree Oil, Aspirin masks, and Aloe vera gel. Sometimes I use Lemon Juice and Jojoba Oil.

You can find a whole bunch of organic remedies with those ingredients all over google :)

MemberMember
(@kittyx3)

Posted : 01/10/2012 6:22 am

I slept in my Manuka honey mask for about 3 nights in a row and ended up with a slight allergic reaction hehe.

(Small bumps under my nose and chin)

But it did make my skin super soft and controlled my face around my breakout time, so I'm just going to cut back to putting it on a few hours during the day once or twice a week.

I tried the whole chemical approach and it never really helped

I switched to Alva Rhassoul face wash & moisturizer(with some tea tree oil added in) switched out my BP for tea tree oil spot treatment and my face is much happier amused.gif

MemberMember
(@paulh85)

Posted : 01/10/2012 2:33 pm

I use Manuka now and then as a cleanser. I usually end up rinsing it away after a couple of minutes but it's nice to be able to leave it on for a little while. I found that it makes my skin softer and it reduced redness. It also reduced the soreness of pimples. An added bonus for me was that when I had it on my face, it meant that I couldn't really get to my skin in order to pick it, which was a habit I was trying to break at the time.

The good thing I find about using honey is that you can add to it depending on what your aim is. If my skin was dry then I'd add a bit of Jojoba oil to help moisturise it and if I was treating a breakout or using it as an on-the-spot treatment, I'd add a few drops on Tea Tree oil.

:)

MemberMember
(@andersch1m)

Posted : 01/10/2012 5:08 pm

I use both manuka and raw honey, alternating between the two. Lately it seems like the manuka has had less effect than the raw though. Try mixing powdered oats with the honey, you can also add cinnamon for extra effects. I use a basic facial bar cleanser and then apply the mask, and rinse anywhere from 15 to 60+ minutes later. I've had the best results ever since I switched to all natural and household products. Just make sure the honey hasn't been heated past 110 Degrees Fahrenheit and it should work well.

The other natural methods suggested are all great as well, it ends up being much less expensive than topicals and cleansers from the drug store.

MemberMember
(@alexandramartin)

Posted : 01/11/2012 12:31 am

I slept in my Manuka honey mask for about 3 nights in a row and ended up with a slight allergic reaction hehe.

(Small bumps under my nose and chin)

But it did make my skin super soft and controlled my face around my breakout time, so I'm just going to cut back to putting it on a few hours during the day once or twice a week.

I tried the whole chemical approach and it never really helped

I switched to Alva Rhassoul face wash & moisturizer(with some tea tree oil added in) switched out my BP for tea tree oil spot treatment and my face is much happier amused.gif

Thanks for the feedback, I actually fell asleep with my mask last night on accident. whoops! Not sure if it actually did anything for me? i went today and had 911 cortisone shots! I will be looking up your face wash! banana.gif

I use Manuka, Apple Cider Vinegar, Tea Tree Oil, Aspirin masks, and Aloe vera gel. Sometimes I use Lemon Juice and Jojoba Oil.

You can find a whole bunch of organic remedies with those ingredients all over google smile.png

Do you drink the cider??? I've heard of taking a shot everyday or something like that...

I use Manuka now and then as a cleanser. I usually end up rinsing it away after a couple of minutes but it's nice to be able to leave it on for a little while. I found that it makes my skin softer and it reduced redness. It also reduced the soreness of pimples. An added bonus for me was that when I had it on my face, it meant that I couldn't really get to my skin in order to pick it, which was a habit I was trying to break at the time.

The good thing I find about using honey is that you can add to it depending on what your aim is. If my skin was dry then I'd add a bit of Jojoba oil to help moisturise it and if I was treating a breakout or using it as an on-the-spot treatment, I'd add a few drops on Tea Tree oil.

smile.png

Those two oils you brought up...which are jojoba and tea tree..are they oils that can clog pores

MemberMember
(@paulh85)

Posted : 01/11/2012 11:50 am

Those two oils you brought up...which are jojoba and tea tree..are they oils that can clog pores

In my experience, they don't clog pores or make acne worse. They're natural products and as long as you buy the pure stuff then the oil is all you're getting with no extra chemicals or whatever.

I find that adding the Jojoba to honey leaves a bit of a glow to the skin and keeps things moisturised, even when I've washed the honey off. A small amount seems to go a long way too which is a bonus.

Tea Tree has antiseptic and antibacterial properties so that comes in handy. Strong stuff and can burn if over-applied directly, which is why I find it safer to mix a few drops into the honey.

In both cases, it gives the honey a couple of other uses depending on why I'm wanting to apply it, and I feel it's better for me to be applying natural products that it is to potentially be clogging my pores with heavy moisturisers or risking damaging my skin with harsh spot creams.

:)

MemberMember
(@cordifolia)

Posted : 01/14/2012 8:19 pm

I tried the honey + cinnamon mask with New Zealand manuka honey which costed me $50 for 250gr. It was relatively expensive treatment in that sense but it does soothe the acne and calms down inflammation. It also "speeds up" the healing of cystic acne.

But the honey didn't really cure my acne and it's a bit too impractical in the long run. I stumbled upon and started using the Clinique acne solutions 3-step skin care and after a month my acne (which was severe,cystic and all over my face) was cured by about 70% (according to my fiance who can't believe how well Clinique has worked for me).

Hope this helps.

MemberMember
(@jenny-komic)

Posted : 10/10/2012 2:18 pm

Alex - This is absolutely incorrect. Jojoba oil doesn't clog your pores. In contrary - it keps them clean and open. Whoever told you differently is wrong!

MemberMember
(@dcraze87)

Posted : 12/12/2012 10:56 am

has anyone experience a tea tree oil burn? i wish have read more about it before applying it (even thought diluted). It's not a bad burn, but it's definitely raw, thankfully with no blistering. I've been putting aloe on it since it happened and just went and bought manaka (sp?) honey that is organic. i need this to heal by sunday at the very latest and looking for anything to help it heal!