Notifications
Clear all

Dove Soap?

MemberMember
(@jward2090)

Posted : 12/18/2011 9:56 am

To start off I remember when I was younger I always used the Dove unscented sensitive skin beauty bar (long name) for washing my face and I had no problems with acne.

So far it has done a decent job.. It's been just over a week since I started using it again (8 days). My skin has evened out and feels/looks softer. It also has helped with oily skin. Currently this is the only thing I'm using unless I get a whitehead then I put some tea tree oil onto it.

Anyway.

My question fir those if you that have used Dove soap is that if you went through a purging process? I'm telling myself that's what's going on but I'm not really sure... I searched and could not find anyone that went through a purging process while using Dove soap.

My skin looks great in spots where I don't have pimples. I don't really have many to begin with but yeah... This is the kind where they are not there in the morning come home look in the mirror and get mad haha. If I do pop them.. small inflamed blackheads and whiteheads.. then they disappear pretty quickly.

I'm 21 and it's embarrassing to still have some acne. I really want to believe in Dove soap and hope that it's just a purging process.

MemberMember
(@early2rise)

Posted : 07/20/2015 6:30 am

I know this is old, but Dove Soap is doesnt cntain actives such as AHA or BHA. Those are the ONLY times your skin would purge, when there is cellular turnouver afoot.

If dove soap is making you break out it's not a purge. Its simple not for you.