Notifications
Clear all

Oatmeal Remedy

MemberMember
(@hendrix1)

Posted : 11/20/2011 6:39 am

Hey everyone. I had been using bp for a month when my face suddenly starting getting very red and agitated. So i stopped but that was a while ago now, about 3 month, and my skin still looks rash like in places. Then i stumbled upon this youtube video

Now her skin used to be alot worse than mine, so i tried it about half an hour ago and my skin feels silky smooth, and the red patches on my face feel less agitated however it is too early to say weather it is actually working yet. Has anyone else had success with this before. I will keep my progress posted on here

MemberMember
(@hendrix1)

Posted : 11/20/2011 8:34 am

Ok, i know this may seem early to say, but my skin feels so much better. Not only does it help sooth and soften the she skin, it also helps take away dead bits of skin since it acts like an exfoliater, exept without all those harsh chemicals and scratchy bead things

MemberMember
(@a-new-start)

Posted : 11/20/2011 8:42 am

Haha, okay I'll admit that when i saw the vid i thought this was some dumb teenager beauty vid, but after seeing it I actually want to try it :P Keep us posted on how it works

MemberMember
(@siddyy)

Posted : 11/20/2011 11:04 am

i have tried this! and its GREATT!! its been 8 months now. i have got few breakouts but this remedy is gud for redness.

MemberMember
(@hendrix1)

Posted : 11/20/2011 12:11 pm

i have tried this! and its GREATT!! its been 8 months now. i have got few breakouts but this remedy is gud for redness.

My spots have died down alot since before, i only get the odd one or two, so its only really the redness anyway. Do you use it morning and night

MemberMember
(@siddyy)

Posted : 11/20/2011 12:14 pm

My spots have died down alot since before, i only get the odd one or two, so its only really the redness anyway. Do you use it morning and night

i use it morning. using it night and day i think is too much. wat did you du for your spots

MemberMember
(@hendrix1)

Posted : 11/20/2011 1:27 pm

i use it morning. using it night and day i think is too much. wat did you du for your spots

i stopped using anything with chemicals in it and improved my diet and they just died down, i have got a painfull one on my chin right now though, but its alot better than before

MemberMember
(@siddyy)

Posted : 11/23/2011 2:17 pm

i am using this oatmeal remedy in the morning. also..once a week use a mask from lush called oatifix its good its doesnt leave my face dry. the oatmeal remedy is it a cleanser so that means i dont need to use any cleansers. i used to use the witch hazel foam wash

MemberMember
(@vinchenzo)

Posted : 11/23/2011 5:50 pm

I've been doing this for a few months now and the results are amazing! I like to use this with some tea tree oil. Its so cheap so if you don't like it then its not that much of a waste.

MemberMember
(@hendrix1)

Posted : 11/25/2011 11:21 am

I've been doing this for a few months now and the results are amazing! I like to use this with some tea tree oil. Its so cheap so if you don't like it then its not that much of a waste.

how long was it before you seen results

MemberMember
(@vinchenzo)

Posted : 11/25/2011 2:51 pm

Uhhh about 2 weeks I think.

MemberMember
(@hendrix1)

Posted : 11/26/2011 7:19 am

Uhhh about 2 weeks I think.

ive been using it only 6 days so ill wait and see then

MemberMember
(@hendrix1)

Posted : 11/30/2011 11:19 am

Okay its been nearly two weeks, the only thing ive been using has been the oatmeal, no moisturiser. The redness has faded and cheek area is less bumpy now

MemberMember
(@wicky)

Posted : 12/02/2011 11:17 am

does it remove light makeup?

MemberMember
(@hendrix1)

Posted : 12/02/2011 12:38 pm

considering im a guy, i couldnt say lol

MemberMember
(@hendrix1)

Posted : 12/03/2011 8:06 am

Wow, its been two weeks now and my skin has never looked better honestly. My skin looks so much more even and softer, i highly recomend this. I only use it at night because it can be a bit of a pain doing it in the mornig bfore school. Still, redness still not totally gone away, to the left of the nose is still a bit red. I will keep my progress posted

MemberMember
(@mjri94)

Posted : 12/03/2011 5:00 pm

Thanks for posting :)

I will have to check it out soon!

MemberMember
(@hendrix1)

Posted : 12/05/2011 9:42 am

Im trying to post a pic of progress but i dont know how lol

MemberMember
(@makethatchange)

Posted : 12/06/2011 12:31 pm

Great that it helped you! I saw this video some time ago also but I still haven't tried it because I didn't believe it. I will some day because I really hate the redness on my cheeks :(

But I'm testing something else right now so I will wait otherwise I won't know what my skin reacts to.

MemberMember
(@wishful_thinking3131)

Posted : 12/28/2011 12:55 am

Good thread, I've been having an everyday struggle with a red complexion for about a year after using topical retinoids. I'm off them now and wanna start this oatmeal cleanser coupled with essential oils. Anyone have an thoughts on bio oil for redness? I also have hyperpigmentation acne marks, so I like bio oil for that purpose. Thanks!

Thinking of using this product

[Removed]

Thoughts?

MemberMember
(@hendrix1)

Posted : 12/30/2011 2:10 pm

turns out i had several food allerges, bannana, dairy and some ingrediant in chinease food, and eat these, except dairy, alot. Before i used to drink this fruit smothie that had bannana in it 2 times a day, so that might have been the cause of these spots i have been having on my jawline area. ill keep posted

MemberMember
(@hermionestranger)

Posted : 01/02/2012 3:53 pm

The youtube video at the top of this thread is gone :(

Can someone repost it?

MemberMember
(@hendrix1)

Posted : 01/03/2012 12:13 pm

You sure, its still there on my computer. Anyway here is the link

MemberMember
(@hendrix1)

Posted : 01/03/2012 3:05 pm

about five weeks later and the redness has more or less subsided, but i still get the odd breakout now and then, so ive started using apple cider vinegar as a cleanser since ive heard good things about it. Also since removing the allerges from my diet my jawline acne has faded now, so i would highly recommend getting a food intolerance test done

MemberMember
(@wicky)

Posted : 02/20/2012 12:42 pm

yes but does this remove face makeup?