Notifications
Clear all

Oatmeal Remedy

MemberMember
(@strawberryfields11)

Posted : 03/20/2012 11:32 pm

yes but does this remove face makeup?

I usually wash my makeup off with Cetaphil gentle cleanser before using the oatmeal as a scrub. I've been using it for like 2 weeks and it has deinitely helped with the redness and I also see an improvement in the texture of my skin. I have not broken out since I started using it ( except a little on the jawline and neck. I havent used the oatmeal in those areas.)

I think its definitely worth a try, its cheap.

MemberMember
(@jlb27)

Posted : 12/29/2012 9:15 pm

Would you suggest using this for rosecea? I have super sensitive skin and flush easily, most products turn my face bright red, do you think think would help with rosecea related redness as well?

MemberMember
(@redxmoney)

Posted : 12/29/2012 10:26 pm

I'm gonna try this immediately. My face is horrible right now and I have to try everything :P

MemberMember
(@jlb27)

Posted : 01/10/2013 12:58 pm

I want to try this!! Does the type of oats matter? I have some generic brand that just says 100% natural whole grain rolled oats. Will this work?

I read that the oatmeal has to be cooked for its anti inflammatory properties to work, uncooked only exfoliates. Any thoughts on this??

MemberMember
(@akatom)

Posted : 01/11/2013 12:39 pm

I'm trying this at the moment too (see my thread in this section if you want for the problem i have). For around 3-4 week it was a solid red patch that just wasn't shifting. I've been trying the oatmeal technique for about a week now, and I dare say I'm seeing results (touch wood!). Still looks pretty bad in my opinion, but i do believe it could be helping!

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 01/11/2013 3:34 pm

I have just started using a goat milk soap with green tea and oatmeal from boring goats. So far looks good.

MemberMember
(@jlb27)

Posted : 01/11/2013 5:49 pm

Made my skin SUPER soft, but unfortunatley broke me out

MemberMember
(@ohhhhhhnooooooo)

Posted : 01/22/2013 7:24 pm

I tried this last night... I have to admit, this was awesome. My skin felt so good!